Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
jackie adams
The Emoto effect and Ki

The laws of martial arts tells you not to start rehashing to the nth degree of ad nauseum the topic of ki publicly. Throwing caution to the curb (mixed metaphors can be entertaining and refreshing), I present a twist on ki that possibly isn't hokum.

Emoto's work being controversial in how water is effected by thought and intent. Emoto's experiments and the results though considered to be pseudo science with questionable methods of research, theoretically it has value to Aikido by defining the existence of Ki. Emoto theory does point to a proven powerful human phenomena, thought connected with intention. We don't need to see thought and intention's viable validity with lengthy in-depth scientific study. All we need is to look around us to see the validity. We are martial artists, after all.

I want to be more precise, take for a moment Emoto's results do show distant intent does work upon water. Take in account our bodies are 90% high quality, unpolluted water that can though thought and distant intent forms a variety of crystals based on the type of thought and intent. Then apply that concept to Aikido techniques. I project my ki, my thought and distance intent (energy) to my opponent effects my opponent. My thought to perform a technique and distant intent effects my partner in a biological way, or even at a subatomic level. The result causing or helping to cause (in conjunction with physics) a beneficial Aikido effect, in form of the loss of balance in a partner. Yes, thought and intent from a distance can have a biological effect that can define the existence of ki.

We know that without thought and intent we are dead in the water, we don't move, not action; a static state of existence. We rarely place a worthy dynamic or investigate the full potential of the power of thought and intent has or can have in our world. We limit it to simple feats when it does happen, and overlook how it plays in the explanation of supernatural feats. Last month a kid lifted a car off his grandfather being trapped beneath the car. The feat of rescuing the victim was only credited being an adrenaline rush, absent of the consideration in play was the power of the rescuer's thought to save the victim or the victim dies. The play of intention is to do an action, like lift the car off the victim. The kid used his ki to save his grandfather. He didn't use distant intent to lift the car. The kid used intent to physically contact the car and lift it was used to move the car off the grandfather. The intend to contact an object, lifting the 2000 pound car made it possible because thought and intent had an effect atomically making the car lighter, thus making it possible for the kid to lift the 2000 pounds car. TThe way distant intent plays a role is the kid effected his 74 year old grandfather's ability (also thought and intent) to escape from underneath the car whiled injured. Possibly again via atoms.

Using Emoto's theory to define ki seems to be more plausible explanation of its existence. This means previously long held cultivation practices of ki are impotent. Practice of potency are targeted to deep breathing exercises to aid in developing stronger thought and intent. Ki now has a new paradigm thanks to Emoto's theory. Aikido's paradigm then would also change, changing the Ki in Aikido.

I didn't go too much into how the idea of love plays a role in effecting an opponent in relation to Emoto's theory, I would like to save that for a future posting discussion.

Last edited by jackie adams : 03-10-2012 at 08:59 PM.