Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Teaching

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-10-2004, 06:04 PM   #1
Jeff Haynes
United_States
Talking Central Florida-"outgoing" teacher ?

I am taking the initial steps to starting a dojo in Lake County, Florida. (see-under 'General', The dojo seed.)
I hope I am not off base by posting this. I hoping to find an instructor to travel here as often as he or she can, even if it's only once or twice a month. I am in the process of finding a place for the dojo and establishing an Aikido club.
Do to reasons, mentioned in the parenthesis, traveling longer distances won't work. I am of no rank but I love Aikido and want to practice. I have practiced in the past, several times, but have not been able to test. I would like to finally start and continue, until I am physically unable.
I want the club to be family friendly ( even children if possible). I will do my part, whatever is necessary, to facilitate someone willing to spend their time and travel to teach. If there is any interest or ideas please contact me.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:15 AM   #2
Don_Modesto
Dojo: Messores Sensei (Largo, Fl.)
Re: Central Florida-"outgoing" teacher ?

Quote:
Jeff Haynes wrote:
I am taking the initial steps to starting a dojo in Lake County, Florida. (see-under 'General', The dojo seed.)
I hope I am not off base by posting this. I hoping to find an instructor to travel here as often as he or she can, even if it's only once or twice a month.
Have you contacted dojo in the vicinity to ask them?

If so, which?

...and what was the response?

I know several good people in that area who don't frequent the boards. Your phone book might be a better resource.

Good luck.

Last edited by Don_Modesto : 06-11-2004 at 08:19 AM.

Don J. Modesto
St. Petersburg, Florida
------------------------
http://www.theaikidodojo.com/
Old 06-11-2004, 09:56 AM   #3
Tom Walsh
Dojo: Aikido of Volusia

Jeff, I may be of help to you. I posted a reply in the other thread you started. I run a small dojo in New Smyrna Beach, under Robert Kubo Shihan (Aikido of Hawaii International). Email me at twaikido@hotmail.com
Old 06-14-2004, 07:56 PM   #4
Bob Ottaway
United_States

I live in a retirement community in Summerfield, FL. I have been receiving Aikido instruction from a sensei living in the same community and is very well qualified to teach. Please contact me at robertottaway@msn.com for his name and more information.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:49 PM   #5
Jim Saba
Dojo: Mushin Dojo
United_States
Re: Central Florida-"outgoing" teacher ?(reply Jim Saba)

Good Day,

Just where are you located? If you could give me some some idea where you are. My number is 386 736 7957. Please call me. I am in Deland Fl , so I do not know how close you are to here???

You can respond to this on my e mail as well.

sabaj@wetv.net

You can find my class schedule on aikikai web search by typing in Mushin Dojo Deland Fl.

Or go to our website. Go to any search engine and type Enmei Dojo Titusville Fl. , then click on Enmei's link and then click on the Deland link.

Look forward to hearing form you.

J Saba