Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Cady Goldfield
United_States
Post I Liq Chuan Seminar in Boston, Mass. 11/2-11/3 2013

An Introduction to I Liq Chuan: Stepping and Spinning Hands

Wai Tang, a long-time disciple of grandmaster F.S. "Sam" Chin, will be teaching an I Liq Chuan seminar in Boston, Mass., this November. The location will be at a school in Boston's Chinatown neighborhood, easily accessible by public transportation. If you're an aikidoka interested in training aiki/IP, this seminar is for you! The principles, drills and practices of I Liq Chuan are directly applicable to aikido and other martial arts. Stepping and Spinning Hands are compatible skills and drills that help students apply internal concepts in motion and under varying degrees of pressure.

Details:

Saturday, November 2nd 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday, November 3rd 10:00am - 6:00pm

I Liq Chuan is a sophisticated internal martial art that has become known for its effectiveness in developing mindfulness and - from mindfulness - real martial skill.

This workshop will focus on teaching you to clearly recognize the mechanism of body movement to achieve yin and yang balance in stepping, partner training and spinning hands. All levels of students are welcome to attend. This will be a great introduction for people new to I Liq Chuan, as well as, experienced ILC students and instructors.

Early Registration by 10/7/2013:
2 Day: $150
1 Day: $100

After 10/7/2013:
2 Day: $190
1 Day: $140

ILC Membership Discount:
Basic Member: 10%
Student Level 1 thru 3: 15%
Student Level 4+ & Instructors: 20%

You can reserve your spot with a $50 RSVP fee (non-refundable) then feel free to show up and pay your balance at the door - cash or check. Contact organizer Jose to RSVP.

Jose Tomas
480-717-1443
j.tomas@iliqchuan.com

Last edited by Cady Goldfield : 09-14-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
Cady Goldfield
United_States
UPDATE Re: I Liq Chuan Seminar in Boston, Mass. Nov 2-3, 2013

Please note that the venue for this workshop has changed. It will be held at the New England School of Acupuncture (NESA), 150 California St., 3rd Floor, Newton, Mass.

There is plenty of parking, and a parking pass will be issued once you've pre-registered for the seminar. NESA is also accessible by commuter/public bus. Please contact Jose Tomas (contact info is in the orginal post above) to RSVP, and if you have any questions concerning the workshop. Thank you.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Cady Goldfield
United_States
Re: I Liq Chuan Seminar in Boston, Mass. 11/2-11/3 2013

Coming up soon. Looks like there will be a great turnout, but spaces are still available.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
Cady Goldfield
United_States
Re: I Liq Chuan Seminar in Boston, Mass. 11/2-11/3 2013

Coming up Saturday!