Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Marketplace

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 12-08-2005, 11:36 AM   #1
mwbudo
United_States
Martial Arts T-Shirts

There are some aikido-related t-shirts at http://www.mariwu.com . I currently train in Aikido and I've been practicing martial arts most of my life. This art & design website has many custom-designed t-shirts for sale, but I'd like you to at least take a look at what I have for martial arts so far. I've just started the site and the business, and right now it is only a small side business to see if I can get some extra income for my family. The business is trying to find its brand and niche, so I have been experimenting with different designs. Because of my budo background, I can't help but always come back to it as reflected in my designs. I hope to roll out more in the future. I hope like seeing what I have for Aikido.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:55 PM   #2
John Boswell

Dojo: Aikido of Midland
United_States
Re: Martial Arts T-Shirts

Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman?

From what I've seen, most aikidoka are men. There are women in aikido, and aikido is just as much for them as for men. But uh... speaking as a man, the site turned me away.

Needs more variety.
Needs more product oriented towards men.

You asked, that's my two cents...

Good luck.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #3
Trish Greene
Dojo: Aikido-Kajukenbo Self Defense Center
United_States

Viet,

I love them! I just sent the link over to my husband and told him "CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR ME!!!!"

Thanks!
~Trish
Old 12-08-2005, 01:50 PM   #4
giriasis
Dojo: Sand Drift Aikikai, Cocoa Florida
United_States

There are four Aikido shirts: Two are gender neutral: "Got Ki?" and "Beware of Falling Bodies". I like the female focused one especially with the take on the Secret Deorderant commercial: "Strong Enough for a Man, but made for a Woman." Maybe something that is a take off of Brute or some other "male" oriented deoderant.

I think the "bunny" is really cute, too.

Anne Marie Giri
Old 12-08-2005, 01:52 PM   #5
Sanshouaikikai
Dojo: Kin Tora Martial Arts and Fitness Center
United_States

If your target consumers or whatever they're called are women...then it's pretty cool...but if you want more of an audience I guess (as you see I'm not good with business terms, lol) then maybe you'd want to have some more "tough guy" or "manly" designs. It's a nice site...I like the "Falling Bodies" design and the little things like the mousepad and the clock you had for it. But yeah...more manliness needs to be added.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:19 PM   #6
Suru
United_States

About all this "manliness" stuff: it is psychological fact that people who lean toward androgyny are the happiest...certainly happier than hard ass macho men. O'Sensei said he was the *mother* of Takemusu Aiki. Now that's a real man. Cool shirts...I'm eyeing the "got ki" one even though the "got milk" ads came out like 15 years ago =)

Drew
Old 12-08-2005, 10:40 PM   #7
RebeccaM
Dojo: Boulder Aikikai
United_States

I'm not too sure about the "For women only shirt". Especially since one of the classes I went to this evening had something like a 6:1 guy:girl ratio... The others were cute though. I really like the falling bodies one.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:38 AM   #8
Paul Kerr

Quote:
Drew Gardner wrote:
About all this "manliness" stuff: it is psychological fact that people who lean toward androgyny are the happiest...
What are your specific sources for this assertion? Research please.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:30 PM   #9
Luc X Saroufim

considering most women's sizes fit me perfectly, i don't mind the gender "gap" at all.

but you definitely should *specify on the site* which are women's, men's, etc. because I got confused.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:52 PM   #10
crbateman

I keep hoping that somebody will come out with a "Aikido: Reach out and BLEND with Someone..." t-shirt.