Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Anonymous

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #26
hughrbeyer
Dojo: Shobu Aikido of Boston
United_States
Re: When Sensei denies pomotion because of spouse?

Sounds to me like ranking issues are near the bottom of problems at *this* dojo. A senior member of the dojo (*any* senior member) disrespects the sensei, from the sidelines, during class? Undercuts the sensei's approach in his own class? Responds to criticism by using his personal relationship with sensei to get back at the other guy?

Jeez. If you can train effectively in this dojo, God bless you. I don't think I could handle it.

Evolution doesn't prove God doesn't exist, any more than hammers prove carpenters don't exist.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #27
Keith Larman
Dojo: AIA, Los Angeles, CA
United_States

Quote:
Hugh Beyer wrote: View Post
Sounds to me like ranking issues are near the bottom of problems at *this* dojo. A senior member of the dojo (*any* senior member) disrespects the sensei, from the sidelines, during class? Undercuts the sensei's approach in his own class? Responds to criticism by using his personal relationship with sensei to get back at the other guy?

Jeez. If you can train effectively in this dojo, God bless you. I don't think I could handle it.
Yeah, sure, but the other side of this coin is asking the OP why the hell they have to even ask about this stuff? If it is so bad as it is being made out, is there really any question about what he/she should do? As my father used to say (well, with different words) "Poop or get off the pot." Seeing this kind of stuff aired out on a public forum just strikes me as a fantastic waste of time. And makes me feel like I'm sitting with the coffee group complaining about someone else's hair, funny looking toes and fashion sense. Good, lord, why is this important? What needs to be discussed? Grow a backbone and freaking well leave... Or stay and keep your head down. Or is it just the fun of telling stories about how poorly some people behave?

"Then Stevie told her she was a poo-poo head... Really! And then she told Stevie his feet smell funny..."

And here I am posting in the same thread... Argh...

I must be getting old...

Old 10-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #28
Peter Goldsbury

Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Japan

Quote:
Keith Larman wrote: View Post
Yeah, sure, but the other side of this coin is asking the OP why the hell they have to even ask about this stuff? If it is so bad as it is being made out, is there really any question about what he/she should do? As my father used to say (well, with different words) "Poop or get off the pot." Seeing this kind of stuff aired out on a public forum just strikes me as a fantastic waste of time. And makes me feel like I'm sitting with the coffee group complaining about someone else's hair, funny looking toes and fashion sense. Good, lord, why is this important? What needs to be discussed? Grow a backbone and freaking well leave... Or stay and keep your head down. Or is it just the fun of telling stories about how poorly some people behave?

"Then Stevie told her she was a poo-poo head... Really! And then she told Stevie his feet smell funny..."

And here I am posting in the same thread... Argh...

I must be getting old...
Good Morning, Keith,

Best wishes,

PAG

P A Goldsbury
Old 10-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #29
hughrbeyer
Dojo: Shobu Aikido of Boston
United_States

It's a discussion forum. People come here to discuss and get perspective. That's why you have a community, is so that people can grab you by the scruff of the neck and shout in your face, "What were you thinking?"

Evolution doesn't prove God doesn't exist, any more than hammers prove carpenters don't exist.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #30
Keith Larman
United_States

Quote:
Hugh Beyer wrote: View Post
It's a discussion forum. People come here to discuss and get perspective. That's why you have a community, is so that people can grab you by the scruff of the neck and shout in your face, "What were you thinking?"
Yeah, but sometimes that's really *not* the driving force of these sorts of discussions... Pfft...

But by all means, carry on. I'll just go over hear and calmly bang my head on the wall until the voices stop...

WHACK! There, all better now...

Old 10-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #31
Keith Larman
United_States

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
Good Morning, Keith,

Best wishes,

PAG
Grumble... Grumble... Good morning, Peter. Grumble...

Old 10-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #32
lbb
United_States

Quote:
Yeah, but sometimes that's really *not* the driving force of these sorts of discussions... Pfft...
Sometimes, when you're in a situation, you just can't see any good options. Sometimes getting the perspective of others can help you to see more choices and make a move. And sometimes it is just a pity party where the party boy/girl resolutely shoots down every helpful suggestion in their determination to remain stuck. TBD which kind of party this is.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #33
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States

Quote:
But by all means, carry on. I'll just go over hear and calmly bang my head on the wall until the voices stop...

WHACK! There, all better now...
don't do that! self-inflicted wounds aren't budo. you need to let other folks a chance to whack you in the head. it makes them and you feel better at the same time.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org
Old 10-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #34
TokyoZeplin
Dojo: Seishinkan Dojo
Denmark

Wow, that would be a complete deal breaker for me.
Not because the rank itself is important, but because it shows an attitude from your Sensei that I just simply wouldn't/couldn't deal with. The verbal abuse and not showing up etc. from his spouse would alone be enough for me to seriously consider moving.

Just sounds like an unpleasant guy, with far too big an ego.

Quote:
Seeing this kind of stuff aired out on a public forum just strikes me as a fantastic waste of time. And makes me feel like I'm sitting with the coffee group complaining about someone else's hair, funny looking toes and fashion sense. Good, lord, why is this important? What needs to be discussed? Grow a backbone and freaking well leave... Or stay and keep your head down. Or is it just the fun of telling stories about how poorly some people behave?
Isn't that sort of what an anonymous forum is for? Anonymous discussion?
I mean, if it bothers you that much, just don't read the thread?

Last edited by TokyoZeplin : 10-22-2013 at 10:21 PM.