Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
InternalPowerSac
Dojo: Neijia
United_States
True Liuhebafa and Taiji: From a Nerd's Perspective

Ya'Baha'Ul'Abha! Thank Dark/Light/God/Glory/the Universe/Me/You!

To my martial arts readers: Thank you for your patience with me as I'm sure this is confusing and hard to grasp for some. My holistic intellectual scope is not compatible with everyone's development and for that I apologize. Training methods are the same across arcs because it is not only about arcs and circles, "suit," "cross," or "straight," or EVEN "spiral" powers, as key as it has been to my development, but also triangulation and force vectors and tensegrity and stresses and shear actions. It all ties together when you see it from above the system. An arc and an hypotenuse describe the same thing in geometry just from two different viewpoints. An arc is descriptive of the entire line segment's spectrum while the hypotenuse is the line segment's spectrum. A triangle, wedge, cone, sphere, circle, spiral, helix, sine wave, particle, they are all aspects of the same overriding geometry of our bodies, minds, and souls.

If we fully understand this geometry, ourselves, and the world around us as all part of the same spectrum then powerful, easy movement comes naturally with intent and harmony. We do not HAVE to burn it into our bodies. That is the hard way in and of itself. Burn it into your MIND/SPIRIT/INTENT that you will move in a light and rooted way and you will. Burn it into your MIND/SPIRIT/INTENT that you will move in a free natural manner within the proper structure of your body to produce power and love and you will. Burn it into your MIND/SPIRIT/INTENT that your movement helps you with your spiritual development and it will. Burn it into your MIND/SPIRIT/INTENT that your movement helps you with your health and it will. Burn it into your MIND/SPIRIT/INTENT that your movement helps you be kinder to other people and it will. It is a quicker path to progression to use the mind and body in harmony than at odds with each other and it is also a quicker path to progression to get help from those you need it and to those who need it.

The best way to teach is by example. Which is why the It Has To Be Felt paradigm is throught martial arts. This is a facet of the body focus. Harmonize your mind. I DID learn much of what I am now telling you through reading and watching videos. This is the long and hard way to go. The only reason it worked for me was because I am so weak of body but stubborn in mind and spirit.

Think of the differences between Bruce Lee and Wang Shujin. Both have had an incredibly different area of focus in development of their lives and martial arts. External to internal for Lee but the change led to destruction because he wasn't properly generative toward his body and spirit. Wang Shujin's focus was on the yin or internal to external but he wasn't focused enough on paring back or limiting his spirit, his intellect, his temper, and his whimsy and so his generation of yin led to destruction. We must find balance as martial artists. It is only through this balance that we can progress affectively toward ourselves and others.

Some of you may have seen the animated picture of the three dimensional taijitu. This is a GREAT! illustration of how systems interaction works or as the Chinese call it: qi. In the body the myofascial system (encompassing the entire cellular/extracellular matrix: including bones, fascia, and muscles) interacts with the viscera (including the brain, internal organs, and the nervous system) through systems interaction (including chemical catalysis/physical change/destruction, physical/structural/body interaction, and spiritual/intellectual/quantum interactions). This is why qi, ki, hunyuan, or hundun is so hard to understand because we did not have the physiological understanding of the body. The medium for qi in the body is the endocannibinoid system.

The difference between intuitive/pagan/spiritual/extrasensory knowledge and intellectual/religious/intellectual/sensory is merely a matter of one's focus. Through focus and intent we may interact internally with ourselves and others. If we choose to focus on collaboration, generation, and harmony we choose progress in harmony. If we choose to focus on progress in destruction, friction, and physical separation we will generate destruction, friction, and physical separation to a point of hindrance of function or to the point where new function is adapted. We can generate new function using harmony of intuitive science and spiritual geometry. This is why it is hard for many people to grasp the spectrum of life and the world around us and why people throughout the ages have tried to understand the world. Ponder triremese like the platypus, and transitional focus cross-functional species like opossums and other marsupials. These are not anomalies but rather parts of the spectrum with varied focus.

Skeptics!: life is a game too: n0t jst srs bznASS. I have been asking myself, Why not? in relation to all of these things more than anything. If you are like me and love to read scifi and fantasy: I recommend some great series of novels by very talented writers. Firstly, I'd like to focus on the fantastic, female, generative, intuitive, spiritual practice of Jennifer Robison's Cheysuli Chronicles. Secondly, Frank Herbert's Dune series, its focus on the destructive cycle, intellectual, material, physical, scientific method. Shift again to Stephen R. Donaldson's three Thomas Covenant trilogies the focus of the spiritual and intuitive science in a fantastic world. Shift again to Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game series its focus on the generative and interpersonal set in a destructive, scientific, yang environment. Shift back to Stephen R. Donaldson's Gap Cycle which focuses on interpersonal relationship, personal freedom, and restoring balance toward the generative side in a fantastic scientific setting. Shift again to Orson Scott Card's Alvin Maker series which focuses on an intuitive science through interpersonal relationships and escaping the destructive cycle to build a great generative structure. This shift of focus is what allows us to progress in understanding of the world.

We can progress much like in Isaac Asimov's Foundation series, in hopes that these shifting focuses harmonize and that people of the First and Second Foundations can work in harmony to achieve Gaia. Isaac Asimov's later novel Nemesis was a much more compact expression of the same ideas found in the Foundation series. It is this shift in focus in his life and age (and this life and age too!) that can explain and enable us to change for the positive, generative, dark/light, freeing, loving, and harmonious to work with those on the opposite side of the spectrum to create progress and expand our knowledge not only physically and scientifically but also intuitively and spiritually. This adjustment to the more generative from the destructive, will allow us to attain what was once lost which is unity. Not that disunity is bad, we have learned much from it, but it can be destructive if taken too far.

So how can we use science and spirituality in concert and what are the possible extreme consequences if we do not change? Winter Solstice 2012 is a great opportunity for us to advance in physical scientific means via intuitive breakthroughs and scientific connection. We can halt our destructive cycle by focusing on the generative and unifying. Look up what happens with galactic alignment, seasonal alignment, daily alignment, structural stresses and so forth. If we do not halt activity of the large Hadron collider and our exploitation of the earth through the prevailing macroeconomic paradigm until we further understand it we may end up destroying civilization as we now know it. With the galactic alignment and the winter solstice being the most yin point of the earth's rotation around the sun the earth will harmonize with the galactic center because the sun will be eclipsed by the black hole in the center of the galaxy. If this frequency harmonization is incorrect we may well end life on the earth altogether. Either through electromagnetic pulse destroying civilizations' connection to each other or attraction of an asteroid to the earth.

Considering our current experiments and geological phenomena as well as consideration of the astronomical alignment we can see that continued work with the large Hadron collider is dangerous at this time. We are fast approaching a very yin, intuitive, female, spiritual event that will allow those who work on a higher level of frequency vibration intuitively or intellectually to harmonize with the galactic center. This is why the description of the Christian rapture tells of people leaving their clothes behind. It is only those who are truly integrated of body, mind, and spirit who will be taken regardless of religion. If we create a yang or in this case more space-like environment within the earth during the peak times of frequency oscillation we may experience what they call in the audiophile world a sort of "clipping" of reality. When signal moves at right angles it changes the direction of the spiral rotation along a given path. In order to further progress responsibly and without further harm to ourselves and the world we must work on our physics in an intuitive manner and our spirituality in a scientific manner. When we have fully understood these things we may stand up as citizens of the galaxy and contribute to the already existent macrocosmic civilization.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain
Re: True Liuhebafa and Taiji: From a Nerd's Perspective

Paging Dr. Seldon Cooper.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
Mike Sigman
United_States

Quote:
Matt Parsons wrote: View Post
Ya'Baha'Ul'Abha! Thank Dark/Light/God/Glory/the Universe/Me/You!

To my martial arts readers:
Plonk! One less.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
aikilouis
France

Martial arts definitely attract lots of different people.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
Lorel Latorilla
Japan

I have one question and one question only:

what does this mean?: "Ya'Baha'Ul'Abha"

Unless stated otherwise, all wisdom, follies, harshness, malice that may spring up from my writing are attributable only to me.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
Dave de Vos

Dojo: Shoryukai, Breda (aikikai) & Aiki-Budocentrum Breda (yoseikan)
Netherlands

Quote:
Lorel Latorilla wrote: View Post
I have one question and one question only:

what does this mean?: "Ya'Baha'Ul'Abha"
It looks like Klingon to me.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #7
Thomas Campbell

Quote:
Lorel Latorilla wrote: View Post