Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Humor

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-27-2002, 02:43 PM   #1
erikmenzel
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Dojo: Koshinkai Leeuwarden
Netherlands
Talking Feeding time for the Trolls

Today I tried to understand everything that seriously has to do with aikido.

I came up with some important questions:[list=1][*] If I activate my aikido-forcefield, will I still be able to exchange energy with my favorite tree? [*] Does activating my forcefield safe me from ki-ball atacks??[*] Can trees make ki-balls?[*] If I exchange energy with my tree while activating my forcefield, will my tree be in my forcefield or will it form its own from the exchanged energy?[*] Do trees also have pressure points?[*] Can you use your ki-balls to hit pressure points? [*] Can you make local forcefields, just to protect your pressure points? [/list=1]

Now go to the dojo and train!

Erik Jurrien Menzel
kokoro o makuru taisanmen ni hirake
Personal:www.kuipers-menzel.com
Old 04-27-2002, 03:16 PM   #2
Bruce Baker
Dojo: LBI Aikikai/LBI ,NJ
Trains???

You have a train in your dojo?

I know that we have dining cars on LBI that are a restaurant, and the McDonalds in Mount Holly has two train cars on track outside, but how do you get a train in your dojo?

Little Eva doing the Loco motion, or the Chattenoga Choo Choo playing on the muzac system?

Or is train another game like duck, duck, goose?

Never mind ...

With all those strange references to your type of practice, I gotta start drinking whatever you guys are drinking over there!

My teacher only lets us throw each other now and then or play with wooden sticks?

Darn.
Old 04-27-2002, 03:27 PM   #3
Jim ashby
Dojo: Phoenix Coventry
Train, it's like practice. You know Bruce, you must have heard of practice somewhere!

Vir Obesus Stola Saeptus
Old 04-27-2002, 04:45 PM   #4
Brian
Tongue Re: Feeding time for the Trolls

Quote:
Originally posted by erikknoops

I came up with some important questions:[list=1][*] If I activate my aikido-forcefield, will I still be able to exchange energy with my favorite tree? [*] Does activating my forcefield safe me from ki-ball atacks??[*] Can trees make ki-balls?[*] If I exchange energy with my tree while activating my forcefield, will my tree be in my forcefield or will it form its own from the exchanged energy?[*] Do trees also have pressure points?[*] Can you use your ki-balls to hit pressure points? [*] Can you make local forcefields, just to protect your pressure points? [/list=1]

Heeheehee! Heeheeheehee! *rolls about the floor uncontrollably, tears streaming down his eyes, clutching himself, trying to keep his sides from splitting* Heeheehee!

I haven't posted in ages, and have instead taken to lurking, but this is just too good.
Old 04-27-2002, 10:06 PM   #5
Andy
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim ashby
Train, it's like practice. You know Bruce, you must have heard of practice somewhere!
Bruce, the arm-chair budoka? I doubt it.
Old 04-28-2002, 05:40 PM   #6
Bruce Baker
They killed Andy Russo

Damn It!! They killed Andy Russo!!

They did, what was the weapon?

They used a mirror to reflect everything back to him ... he couldn't take his own ribbing!

DAMN!! Who would of thought a mirror could reflect HUMOR AS A WEAPON!!

What is this? A message recorder?

Don't TOUCH IT!!

If his own face could kill himself, his voice could wipe out the entire state!!

Yeah, what was I thinking?

Laughter ... a deadly weapon in the wrong hands.
Old 04-28-2002, 06:34 PM   #7
Jim23
Killing you softly

Bruce,

I think all of you posts should be moved to this section ... you're just too funny -- even when you don't mean to be!

You just crack me up!

I still think you're somebody else here pretending to be good old Mr. Bruce. I'm not 100% sure who yet, but I have narrowed it down to a few people.

If you are who you say you are, well then ... NAH!

Time to fess up, before everyone makes you invisible.

Jim23

Remember, all generalizations are false
Old 04-30-2002, 06:12 AM   #8
Bruce Baker
What happened to you, knoops?

One morning I was looking at the Aikiweb posts and the local news picked up a story about some guy named Erik Knoops in the Netherlands, he was attacked by a tree?

I got to thinking, isn't that one of the guys from Aikiweb threads?

Sure enough, this guy was coming back from Aikido class when the tree got him.

The reporter shoved the microphone into his face to catch his ramblings as they loaded him off to the local hospital, it went something like this,".... $%^$% Ki balls! $^#%^TREE!! LOOK OUT! I won't do it! You can't MAKE ME! Pressure Points are not real! STAY AWAY!..."

Some new reporter, Jim Haliday?..., was reporting so I didn't know it was for real or some joke?

Anyway, he did confirm that Andy Russo is dead, at least his sense of humor was pronounce dead as of that news broadcast, and Aikido practice would never be the same?

Now they got some guy almost naked in the Airport and he is claiming his "key" is setting off the alarms? Does he mean his chi?

Oh, well.

Let's see what other comedy the Aikido world has to post ...
Old 04-30-2002, 08:32 AM   #9
Ghost Fox
Dojo: Jikishinkan Dojo
Re: Feeding time for the Trolls

Quote:
Originally posted by erikknoops

1. It depends everyone is surrounded by an aura (forcefield) if you close off your aura you will not be able to exchange energy with anyone. You must have met the type of person who seems very removed and introverted. Their energy is very internalized and they don't exchange energy freely, they're hard to reach or connect with. Although, by an aikido-forcefield I take it you mean an aura of loving protection where you respect and try to understand everyone's viewpoint without prejudgment. Where your "forcefield" is expression and an expansion of your natural goodness, and you seek not to dominate but to be in harmony and understanding with everyone. Then you should be able to exchange energy with your favorite tree, and openly exchange your energy and your heart with other people.

2. An aura or field of ki always surrounds you, so you never have to technically activate your "forcefield". Although, if you have the sensitivity you can tighten your aura so that a "ki-ball" attack can't get through. Better yet you can try to absorb the attack and make it part of you or pass over you harmlessly. It's like when you feel threaten by someone or new ideas (you know what I mean?). You can either be scared and hide in your shell, or you can embrace the idea or situation taking what makes sense to you and letting the rest pass on by.

3. From my studies, no. A tree naturally extends ki and is centered. It has not conscious will so it cannot direct its ki, it just is. A human on the other hand has to relearn how to extend ki naturally and stay centered. With exercises like Shomenuchi Ikkyo Undo we relearn what all other parts of nature do naturally. It might seem unfair, but it is this that allows humans to direct our will/ki into endeavors like science, philosophy and yes making balls of ki.

4. Again, a "forcefield" or aura surrounds everything if you prefer. You can extend your aura over the tree and have it resonate at your "frequency" or you can attempt to blend your energies together. Kind of like when you hear a good speech and you can feel the energy from the speaker wash over you.

5. Everything with a life-force has meridians where ki concentrates in the physical vessel. Where these meridians intersect or accumulate pockets of ki a "pressure point" or node is created. The Chinese used this to develop a method of holistic medicine that predates our medical sciences by a thousand years. Although, most of their research is on the meridian system of the human vessel, I don't think it's a giant leap to believe that trees have a meridian system of their own. It would make for some interesting research. Western medicine is just starting to adopt some of these practices. I can't wait for a time where the best of western and eastern medicine merge together.

6. Yes. Reiki practitioner extent energy into there patients all the time. Certain styles of Chinese martial arts (Snake animal form for one) teaches its students to send negative ki into a pressure point strike (Kind of like a poison). Don't we as aikidoka extend ki when we do Yonkyo?

7. Yes. You can direct ki to parts of your body including pressure points. When you do Ikkyo Nage don't you extend your ki through your body and out of your hands?

Question: If the essence of budo is the spirit of loving protection of all beings of the universe, and to harmonize ourselves with the movement of the universe and bring ourselves into accord with the universe itself, when we make fun of peoples belief (Be it religious, metaphysical, or philosophical) are we practicing good aikido?

Aikido should be practiced outside of the dojo as well.
Old 05-03-2002, 04:34 PM   #10
Brad McMillan
Dojo: New England Aikikai
Field Guide to Trolls

I found this excellent guide to troll behavior.

http://home.att.net/~philelmore/fieldguidetotrolls.html
Old 05-03-2002, 08:41 PM   #11
Edward
Thailand
Guys!

I have just one advice!

Go to the dojo and train! (I mean practice)

It will do you good. And check your temperature by the way. You might have some fever....
Old 05-03-2002, 09:19 PM   #12
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan
Re: Field Guide to Trolls

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad McMillan

I loved this - wonderful.

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido
Old 05-04-2002, 10:05 AM   #13
Jim23
Great stuff!

A little scary though. Makes you question yourself - which is probably good.

Jim23

Remember, all generalizations are false
Old 05-04-2002, 10:26 AM   #14
erikmenzel
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Dojo: Koshinkai Leeuwarden
Netherlands
Another nice site is
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html

Erik Jurrien Menzel
kokoro o makuru taisanmen ni hirake
Personal:www.kuipers-menzel.com
Old 05-05-2002, 09:56 PM   #15
jk
Talking Re: Field Guide to Trolls

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad McMillan

And if you follow the links all the way to Virtual Tough Guy, with the resulting Mall Ninja and Ashida Kim links, you, if you currently have way too much time on your hands like me, may eventually end up here (warning: contents of link in poor taste):

http://www.ashidakim.com/dojopress/catalogbk41.htm

Oh wait...there might be a screenplay too...

Regards,

Last edited by jk : 05-06-2002 at 03:10 AM.