Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 07-10-2007, 02:19 AM   #1
mazhar dardari
Dojo: Aikido Dardari Ryu Academy (Bushido)
Syria
New Developed method of the traditional Aikido

New Developed method of the traditional Aikido

What is Dardari Jiu-jitsu Style?

This method depends on the attack and defense to eliminate,
Traditional and nontraditional, individual and collective attack.
This method has unified many of the techniques of both martial and sportive compacts in one effective system in order to utilize in the compact, all the situations and tools, for arriving to the definitive result as soon as possible.
This kind of methods on the realistic compact, far from the pre prepared situations, the thing that helps the person to defend him self anywhere and under all the circumstances, it trains the apprentice on, arming and disarming, un usual situation, public and privet places, floor fighting, and the most effective hand compact.

Dardari jiu-jitsu Style, is the result of many years of experience in martial arts, it was founded to eliminate traditional and nontraditional attacks, control the collective attacks and dealing with it in effective way, either for self defense or for protecting other people.

This method depends on, applying well studied strikes on the nerve points, and using double applicable techniques, in the aim of, parallelizing the opponent movement,
In addition to the strategy of breaking his balance throw hitting the centers and the crosses of the feet, in order to achieve the total control upon him.
This method is the end result of the experiences in joining together, the violent and aggressive Russian martial compact schools, with the strict and firm Japanese stile.

Best Regards
Mazhar Al-Dardari
Old 07-10-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
akiy

Re: New Developed method of the traditional Aikido

So, you are calling your art "jiu jitsu" rather than "aikido"? If so, why did you make that choice?

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
mazhar dardari
Syria

thank you Jun.
well, This my method It is not New art, Such schools , Aikikai, Aiki jitsu, Iwama, Moshin, Yoshinkan, tomiki Etc.It is my point of view about Aikido combat.This is Aikido and style Dardari Jiu-Jitsu.

B\R
Old 07-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
ChrisHein

Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States

So, you've made your own system, and you're announcing it's birth to the world via Aiki web....

Old 07-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
aikidoc
Dojo: Aikido of Midland
United_States

Sounds to me more like you are just adding more atemi-waza which is a choice not a style. A lot of people are looking at integrating Russian concepts into aikido-systema concepts. Does that make it a new style?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #6
aikidoc
Dojo: Aikido of Midland
United_States

Or, are you integrating the combat aikido stuff- suggested by the blue gi?

I note you are 4th dan on your webpage (I assume aikido). Do you hold other ranks that would qualify you at a master level which is what is implied by creating a new art?

I get concerned when I see Aikido starting to proliferate "styles". My question is always: for what purpose? Does this bring something new to the art, increase one's rank, or improve one's status. If it increases one's rank and that person is the developer of the "new" style then I start to question motives: breaking away from core organization, feel under ranked, ego issues, etc. I would hate to see aikido end up like other martial arts where the only value of the rank is within the individual dojo. We are already being hit with inflated ranks, new styles and most likely inflated egos. What does that bring to the future of aikido?

I look to other arts (Systema, tai chi) for ideas, concepts, etc. and also integrate atemi-waza more than most. So does that justify a new art? Only if I have significant enough rank (to me 6th dan and up) and high rank in another (probably at least 5th dan) and have the ability to truly bring something new to the art. Not just repackaging and putting new verbiage on it-that's marketing. But that's just my opinion.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #7
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States

Quote:
John Riggs wrote: View Post
I note you are 4th dan on your webpage (I assume aikido). Do you hold other ranks that would qualify you at a master level which is what is implied by creating a new art?
Morihei Ueshiba, of course, didn't hold a "master level" rank when he created Aiki-Budo. He did have an assistant instructor's certificate in Daito-ryu...

Best,

Chris

Old 07-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #8
Dewey
United_States

As the old saying goes: "only time will tell." All martial arts styles originially began as one man's improvisation upon an existing system(s)/style(s).
Old 07-10-2007, 10:31 PM   #9
ChrisHein

United_States

Quote:
Brian Dewey wrote: View Post
As the old saying goes: "only time will tell." All martial arts styles originially began as one man's improvisation upon an existing system(s)/style(s).
or from a guy who just fought a lot.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:43 AM   #10
Chikai Aikidoka

Quote:
Mazhar Dardari wrote: View Post
This method has unified many of the techniques of both martial and sportive compacts in one effective system in order to utilize in the compact, all the situations and tools, for arriving to the definitive result as soon as possible. ......
Can you give an example please? or is that a secret that can only be taught to your "apprentice"?

Did u mean 'combat(s)' here when you said "sportive compacts" & "utilize in the compact,"? If yes, then u need an English editor body or perhaps we need to know what do u mean by "compact"

Quote:
Mazhar Dardari wrote: View Post
Dardari jiu-jitsu Style, is the result of many years of experience in martial arts ........
So can you shed some light on your "many years of experience in martial arts"? because neither of your websites mention your MA credentials, your MA experiences, nor your MA background.

www.mazharaiki.20m.com
and www.aikidosyria.com

Thanks and best of luck!

Last edited by Chikai Aikidoka : 07-11-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:57 AM   #11
mickeygelum

Dojo: Warren Budokan, Ohio USA
United_States

Congratulations, Dardari Sensei....hopefully we will be able to experience your style.

Mickey
Old 07-11-2007, 02:51 AM   #12
Christopher Gee

Dojo: United Traditional Aikido
United Kingdom

Is it a 'style' or a school name....?

Good luck in your practice.... progressionists rule! As long as they dont change anything.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:23 AM   #13
Dewey
United_States

Quote:
Chris Hein wrote: View Post
or from a guy who just fought a lot.
True enough!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:00 AM   #14
ChrisHein

United_States

Quote:
Christopher Gee wrote: View Post
progressionists rule! As long as they dont change anything.
HAHAHAHAHA!

Old 07-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #15
mazhar dardari
Syria

Quote:
John Riggs wrote: View Post
Or, are you integrating the combat aikido stuff- suggested by the blue gi?

I get concerned when I see Aikido starting to proliferate "styles". My question is always: for what purpose? Does this bring something new to the art, increase one's rank, or improve one's status. If it increases one's rank and that person is the developer of the "new" style then I start to question motives: breaking away from core organization, feel under ranked, ego issues, etc. I would hate to see aikido end up like other martial arts where the only value of the rank is within the individual dojo. We are already being hit with inflated ranks, new styles and most likely inflated egos. What does that bring to the future of aikido?

I look to other arts (Systema, tai chi) for ideas, concepts, etc. and also integrate atemi-waza more than most. So does that justify a new art? Only if I have significant enough rank (to me 6th dan and up) and high rank in another (probably at least 5th dan) and have the ability to truly bring something new to the art. Not just repackaging and putting new verbiage on it-that's marketing. But that's just my opinion.
Morihei Ueshiba, of course, didn't hold a "master level" rank when he created Aiki-Budo. He did have an assistant instructor's certificate in Daito-ryu...

Best,

Chris
Old 07-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #16
mazhar dardari
Syria

Quote:
Brian Dewey wrote: View Post
exactly! you are correct.
only time will tell if I'm right or wrong .
Old 07-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #17
mazhar dardari
Syria

Quote:
Maumote Chami wrote: View Post
Can you give an example please? or is that a secret that can only be taught to your "apprentice"?

Did u mean 'combat(s)' here when you said "sportive compacts" & "utilize in the compact,"? If yes, then u need an English editor body or perhaps we need to know what do u mean by "compact"

So can you shed some light on your "many years of experience in martial arts"? because neither of your websites mention your MA credentials, your MA experiences, nor your MA background.

www.mazharaiki.20m.com
and www.aikidosyria.com

Thanks and best of luck!
thank you very much!
I'meant "combat "
you can see my website soon , ecause I'm going to update it soon and explain what my style is .
anyway I practiced judo , boxing , sambo and Aikido.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #18
mazhar dardari
Syria

Quote:
Michael Gelum wrote: View Post
Congratulations, Dardari Sensei....hopefully we will be able to experience your style.

Mickey
thank you for your congratualations , I admire your way of thinking .
Old 07-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #19
mazhar dardari
Syria

Quote:
Christopher Gee wrote: View Post
Is it a 'style' or a school name....?

Good luck in your practice.... progressionists rule! As long as they dont change anything.
It's a style not a school .
thanks for your comment.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:23 PM   #20
SeiserL

United_States

I always enjoy people's different takes, cross training.
Hope to train with you. Coming stateside anytime soon?
Only the best.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #21
mazhar dardari
Syria

Quote:
Lynn Seiser wrote: View Post
I always enjoy people's different takes, cross training.
Hope to train with you. Coming stateside anytime soon?
Only the best.
thank you mr Seiser, I also hope training with you. I think I will be in the United States next year . see you soon B/R
Old 07-12-2007, 10:24 AM   #22
Okami
Dojo: Aiki O'kami society
United_States

Hello Mr. Dardari, from reviewing the description of your newly founded martial art, I am left in a wonder to ask was there anything that displeased you in Aikido? I am not 'knocking' your new style or anything, everyone has their own variatioin, but just curious, I know ground founding is usually personified as Ju-Jutsu but did you find Suwari-waza not to be enough? And I know that pressure point strikes are used in Aiki-Jutsu, was that your choice variation to follow? I myself prefer disturbing ki but it can be done in many ways I suppose, violent and non-violent. Regardless of the outcome of your school, it will be a learning oppurtunity to us all
Old 07-30-2007, 06:47 AM   #23
Chikai Aikidoka

Interesting pictures.

http://www.mazharaiki.20m.com/about.html
Is that a pinning end to a particular waza or is that some sort of technique based on katame scenarios?

http://www.mazharaiki.20m.com/photo.html
I was wondering what caused uke's awkward kuzuchi ... until I saw your left foot

Thanks for posting these pictures.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:04 PM   #24
Roman Kremianski
Dojo: Toronto Aikikai
Canada

Mazhar Dardari: What exactly did you create that is new?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:09 AM   #25
philippe willaume

United Kingdom

Quote:
Maumote Chami wrote: View Post
Interesting pictures.

http://www.mazharaiki.20m.com/about.html
Is that a pinning end to a particular waza or is that some sort of technique based on katame scenarios?

Thanks for posting these pictures.
From the picture, i=I think it is a pin.

I think that Mister Dardari has his knee in the right elbow of uke.(A bit like an ikkion pin variation, obviously that ikkio pin is done when tori is facing down).
as well there is a medieval Unterhalten (holding under=pin) that works like that save that tori left elbow is on the throat of uke and the hand on his upper left arm/shoulder (to slow any potential weapon access)
Then tori grabs uke left hand with his right , after that tori place uke left hand/arm in his left hand (tori left elbow stay on the throat), leaving one hand free, so that tori can stab uke in peace.

So we have the same components here we control both arms and the head.
Phil

One Ringeck to bring them all and in darkness bind them,
In the Land of Windsor where phlip phlop live.