Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Spiritual

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-07-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
Hagen Seibert
Dojo: Kamai
Germany
krishnamurti

Hi,

I found J. Krishnamurtiīs ideas about violence quite interesting match to the ideals of Aikido.

I am searching for the original text of one of his books which is not available to me.
The name of the book is: "Freedom from the Known"
The chapterīs title is "Violence"

In my foreign edition the relevant text is on Page 55,57,58 in a book of 120 pages and should read something like this (which is my translation back into English)

"To be beyond violence, I must not surpress it, not deny it, must not say: ‘Itīs a part of me and thatīs it.' Or ‘I reject it."….. Stop to condem it or to justify it!"

"To be free themselves from violent behaviour, some people have taken up a concept, an ideal, which they call non-violence, and they believe through this ideal of non-violence as a contradiction to violence they would be able to free themselves from the fact of violence -- but they canīt ! We have had ideals without number, every holy book is full of them, yet we are still violent. ….. Why donīt we examine violence itself and forget the word completely ?"

"When you look at it and explore the notion to the last depth, it dissolves. But when you say: ‘I mustnīt hate, my heart must be full of love' then you are living in a treacherous world with double measurements."

Does anyone have this book and would you be willing to scan ot retype it ? Thanks for your help.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
WuMarci
Dojo: Da-An District Dao Guan
Taiwan
Re: krishnamurti

I don't have this particular book, but I found it for sale quite cheap on Amazon.com. I have many other books by Krishnamurti, and I agree that his ideas fall right in line with the principles of aikido. You might say enlightened minds think alike. Reading Krishnamurti is a breath of fresh air!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:06 PM   #3
Mashu

J Krishnamurti said and wrote many inspirational things during his long career. You should really read about his life though. It is very interesting.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:07 AM   #4
wuwei
United_States

i do in fact have this book, kirshnamurti is great to read, let me go find it... erggg, im short on time now, but ill make sure to look for it after aikido this morning and then ill type it up, alright?
Old 04-09-2005, 10:48 AM   #5
Hagen Seibert
Dojo: Kamai
Germany

Hi David,

many thanks for your help.
In the meantime I could order it from amazon/superbookdeals for a reasonable price.

Nevertheless I would like to discuss the statements here.
So if you like please type, otherwise Iīll do so once Iīve got the book.

Thanks,
Hagen
Old 04-14-2005, 06:46 PM   #6
wuwei
United_States

Hey,

I'm really sorry, I' currently unable to find my book... I havent been able to look for it for very long I admit, bogged down with tests (a junior in high school) but spring break begins tomorrow, so ill make an effort to find it then. ONce again, sorry about that.