Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Foreign Language Aikido Discussions > German

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-07-2005, 07:17 AM   #1
Dirk Hanss

Dojo: Aikidoschule Trier
Germany
"Ja, der Weg die Harmonie ist gut!"

I found this in the signature of Budd Yuhasz

Budd, as I do not know how good is your German, I ask in English:

This sounds like a grammatical mistake, but in German language sometimes you just have to look at it from another side to understand, esp. in poetry.

Can you tell us, where you've got it from, and what you think it should mean.

My guess - still assuming a mistake, probably some nuclear radiation changed some atoms :
"Ja, der Weg der Harmonie ist gut", "Yes, the way of harmony is good"

probably:
"Ja, der Weg (DO, ) der Harmonie (AI, ) ist voller Energie (KI, )", "Yes, the way of harmony has plenty of energy"

In Germany I did not hear much about Harrisburg, PA, but I did still recall the accident on Three Miles Island (1979).

Ciao Dirk
Old 09-12-2005, 07:15 AM   #2
Budd

Dojo: Taikyoku Budo & Kiko - NY, PA, MD
United_States
Re: "Ja, der Weg die Harmonie ist gut!"

Hiya Dirk,

Nothing radiation charged (moved to this area a couple of years ago) . . . just cobbled together some words during an argument/debate with my Father-in-law (he's from the Hamburg area originally -- now runs the Middlebury College summer German program). He may have been kind and not corrected my grammar, but I keep it partially out of affection for him and also since I like the way the words look . . .

An earlier sig of mine was . . . "Beobachten Sie mein Karateschlag, bitte!" (as Jack Nicholson said in Batman, "I just like the sound of it . .).

Taikyoku Mind & Body
http://taikyokumindandbody.com
Old 09-13-2005, 12:54 AM   #3
Sonja2012

Dojo: Aikido Verein Esslingen
Germany

Quote:
Budd Yuhasz wrote:
"Beobachten Sie mein Karateschlag, bitte!" (as Jack Nicholson said in Batman, "I just like the sound of it . .).

Could that be any more onomatopoeic?!
Old 09-13-2005, 01:56 AM   #4
Dirk Hanss

Dojo: Aikidoschule Trier
Germany

Quote:
Budd Yuhasz wrote:
Hiya Dirk,

Nothing radiation charged (moved to this area a couple of years ago) . . . just cobbled together some words during an argument/debate with my Father-in-law (he's from the Hamburg area originally -- now runs the Middlebury College summer German program). He may have been kind and not corrected my grammar, but I keep it partially out of affection for him and also since I like the way the words look . . .

An earlier sig of mine was . . . "Beobachten Sie mein Karateschlag, bitte!" (as Jack Nicholson said in Batman, "I just like the sound of it . .).
Thanks Budd,
now there is a little bit more that is worth to watch on aikiweb. I just take it as it is, enjoy it, and forget about grammatical intricacies

BTW, my karate tsuki is also not too bad, I think - although practice was some years ago.

Dirk
Old 09-13-2005, 06:07 AM   #5
Budd

Dojo: Taikyoku Budo & Kiko - NY, PA, MD
United_States

Quote:
Dirk Hanss wrote:
BTW, my karate tsuki is also not too bad, I think - although practice was some years ago.
Same here, Dirk. I appreciate the clarification, though, and might just change the sig for grammar's sake (others make the effort to speak good English, I could at least return the favor, ja?)

Sonja,

I'm still trying to figure out a way to fit schmetterling (sp?) - butterfuly - in a sentence to do with budo . . .

Taikyoku Mind & Body
http://taikyokumindandbody.com