Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Anonymous

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:49 AM   #26
robin_jet_alt
Australia
Re: What do you do when a student is acting rudely in your class.

Another approach that probably wouldn't go down too well with insurance, but it's the sort of thing my teacher might do is as follows.

1. use him for demonstrations every time.
2. If he doesn't give you a decent attack, call him out on it. Make him practice his attack in front of the class until he attacks you properly.
3. Once he attacks you properly, POUND HIM INTO THE MAT repeatedly, without regard to whether or not he can take the fall. (He is wearing a black belt, he SHOULD be able to take the fall).
4. Rinse and repeat
Old 06-22-2012, 12:59 AM   #27
Travers Hughes
Dojo: Aikikai
Australia

Quote:
Robin Boyd wrote: View Post
Another approach that probably wouldn't go down too well with insurance, but it's the sort of thing my teacher might do is as follows.

1. use him for demonstrations every time.
2. If he doesn't give you a decent attack, call him out on it. Make him practice his attack in front of the class until he attacks you properly.
3. Once he attacks you properly, POUND HIM INTO THE MAT repeatedly, without regard to whether or not he can take the fall. (He is wearing a black belt, he SHOULD be able to take the fall).
4. Rinse and repeat
Exactly - this is what I tried to refer to, but you captured it much better - thanks
Old 06-22-2012, 03:21 AM   #28
JJF

Dojo: Vestfyn Aikikai Denmark
Denmark

Well.. sounds like you've tried a lot of ways to handle this. It is necessary to be strong and know when patience is in place, and when it is time to accept the loss and move on.

I am a bit sorry to read all the 'my way or the highway' opinions. I still think Aikido is about forgiveness and acceptance. Practiced on and off the mat, but this is not the same as being a pushover. If you can seriously say that he has been told exactly what types of behaviour you cannot accept, and he continues to do so, then let him now that the next time he does any of these things is - in effect - him writing his own discharge from the dojo.

It might be time to prune the three.. but it's a shame when it cannot be avoided.

Good luck

- Jørgen Jakob Friis

Inspiration - Aspiration - Perspiration
Old 06-22-2012, 03:34 AM   #29
Patrick O'Regan
Australia

Hi
I have a couple of questions for the OP.
How do you usually teach etiquette at your dojo?
Do you have any written document regarding what's expected in terms of etiquette?

cheers
Paddy

Paddy
Old 06-22-2012, 04:50 AM   #30
Hellis
Dojo: Ellis Schools of Traditional Aikido
England

I find this whole situation unreal as well as unacceptable.
I would expect all dojos to have, as I have, a set of rules, I make sure students read the rules on the day they join. I then ask if they have any questions so there are no excuses later.
This guy would not last one class with me.

Henry Ellis
Co-author of `Positive Aikido`
http://aikido-bracknell.blogspot.com/
Old 06-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #31
inframan
United_States

Take the guy aside, return his last payment and just say, "I'm sorry but you are not a good fit with our way of training." If he comes back, might be time to call the cops.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #32
lbb
United_States

Quote:
Anonymous User wrote: View Post
I agree entirely. We have been the ones allowing this to continue, for the sake of keeping peace with the guy and not causing a scene we've tried behind the scene methods of dealing with him.
For the sake of keeping peace? You don't have peace with this guy's disruptions, so what's to keep? This is false logic; you can't preserve that which doesn't exist.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #33
Basia Halliop
Canada

I don't think I would feel capable of teaching a class with an adult student in it who directly went against what I told them to do that way (kids are a little different, a certain amount of immaturity comes with the territory with them, plus they're tiny so you always have a way to stop them in an emergency if it comes to that). But an adult???? I wouldn't feel confident that I could teach my class and give the junior students a safe and productive learning environment.

For one thing I want to be able to teach the students and help them learn, that's the point, and secondly in the extreme, I need to know that if I say 'stop, that's unsafe, let me show you how to do it safely' I have the ability to stop anyone in the class immediately!

So, I'm pretty sure if it was me if I asked him once or twice directly to stop doing something and he didn't, I'd refuse to have him on the mat while I was teaching, and if necessarily politely tell Sensei that I could not teach that particular person. If my teacher wanted to ask someone else to teach the class in that case, then OK, I would deal with that.

But if I'm teaching a class I feel responsible to the beginners to make sure they're safe and learning, and I'm not willing to take that responsibility without the ability to do it.

IMO there's way too much concern about ONE person who clearly doesn't care about your concern anyway, and not nearly enough concern for all the junior students who are being harmed here and who have to put up with him all the time. Getting senior students to babysit him is a partial solution in the short term, but those senior students' time could be far better spent helping people who want to learn. But OK, that's not something you yourself appear to have direct control over, though I think it's important enough to try discussing your thoughts with your Sensei.

Last edited by Basia Halliop : 06-22-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #34
Basia Halliop
Canada

OK, that was long, but the most important point is that in addition to all the more subtle stuff, a physically mature adult on the mat that you can't control is a major safety issue. Even if the guy is not malicious, we're doing stuff that can easily hurt people.

Junior students need to know that if they say 'no' to something you will be willing and able to back them up, and you need to be able to tell people what to do in order to prevent injuries not just to them, but to their partner.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #35
lbb
United_States

Quote:
Basia Halliop wrote: View Post
IMO there's way too much concern about ONE person who clearly doesn't care about your concern anyway, and not nearly enough concern for all the junior students who are being harmed here and who have to put up with him all the time. Getting senior students to babysit him is a partial solution in the short term, but those senior students' time could be far better spent helping people who want to learn.
That. The guy's sucking all your time and energy, and other students are getting shortchanged.

It's really no different than technique. If someone doesn't know how to do something, or know that they're supposed to do something, you teach them. As they try to learn what you're teaching, you help them and give them feedback. If they refuse the lesson, you don't keep trying to teach it -- and you definitely don't shortchange your other students to try and get a point across when it's being rejected with such evident determination.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #36
Michael Hackett
Dojo: Kenshinkan Dojo (Aikido of North County) Vista, CA

Basia summed it up perfectly. An analogy might be the role of a classroom teacher in relation to the school principal. As a teacher you can't expell a student from the school, but you can recommend it to the principal. You CAN remove the student from your classroom when he acts disruptively.

Michael
"Leave the gun. Bring the cannoli."
Old 06-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #37
"Trying to be polite"
IP Hash: f537b73b
Anonymous User

Quote:
Patrick O'Regan wrote: View Post
Hi
I have a couple of questions for the OP.
How do you usually teach etiquette at your dojo?
Do you have any written document regarding what's expected in terms of etiquette?

cheers
Paddy
Hi,
Yes we have a PDF of etiquette emailed and printed out, every new student receives this hand book. also a senior student discusses basic etiquette with new students before the start of their first class. This guy is basically the turd in the punch bowl; everyone else seems to understand the policies and put forth no opposition.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #38
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan

Every class, work space, team have people that 'demand' more time and effort than others. It's a reality and usually a nice bell curve so you have the other side of the coin also.

Management trick/difficulty is too shift the mean to the positive side and really if you have to get rid of the extreme outlier that is what you have to do. Otherwise the whole group suffers.

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido
Old 06-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #39
Shadowfax

Dojo: Allegheny Aikido, Pitsburgh PA
United_States

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
For the sake of keeping peace? You don't have peace with this guy's disruptions, so what's to keep? This is false logic; you can't preserve that which doesn't exist.
I have to agree with Mary. Peace is not being kept. If your students don't feel comfortable training with this person then this needs to be addressed. If the subtle things are not working then it's time to be a bit more obvious. A student needs to be able to trust and respect their teacher. If their teacher is permitting a situation in which the students are continually being harassed and mistreated then trust and respect will be lost.

Stop being polite to this moron and start being the guy in charge. Period end of discussion he does not get to have a say in the matter. If he does not like how you teach and how you run YOUR class, then he has a choice. It's his choice. You don't even really have to make it for him. But make it really clear to him what that choice is.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #40
Mario Tobias
Philippines

He "said" that he was promoted to yudansha. Does he have evidence that he indeed has attained Dan ranking. Can he provide it? It looks like you gauge his aikido as sub-par.

Clearly he does not understand the kohai-sempai-sensei relationship in a dojo.

You must make him remember.

If he still insists to train with you and if he can't produce evidence of him being a yudansha, if it were me I'd tell him to start out as a 7th kyu to teach him about proper etiquette if he wants to continue training. If he doesn't agree, ask him to train in another dojo.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #41
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom

Quote:
Hi,

I have a bit of a sensitive issue.
There is a student of no rank(7th kyu) in my school. They had previously trained for about three years off and on over seas with several unaffiliated/independent Aikido schools before coming to our school. One of the unaffiliated schools he says gave him a Dan ranking. His Aikido, according to my Sensei, myself and the rest of the instructors at our dojo is sub-par according to our standards for what a Dan rank should be... in fact it is sub-par to what we consider a 5th kyu.He claims he is just from Teacher XYZ's linage and we are a different style that's why it is different. But we have many students in our school who were formally from Teacher XYZ (even directly Teacher XYZ's students) they look nothing like him. But we have welcomed him to come and test and train with us :-D... when he first joined I and a few of the senior students put forth a lot of effort to understand and learn his approach to Aikido.

Now here's my issue: His attitude has gradually became sour. He arrives late because he hates the way we stretch in the beginning of class, gets on and off the mat without telling anyone where he's going.(A big no-no in our school.) This is a minor annoyance however.

The biggest issue is how he's effecting our junior students. He refused to train with the senior students, or instructor's of the dojo. He will only take people he "thinks" are of low rank as training partners in class. When my Sensei is holding a class this student will often ignore the exercise or technique we've been instructed to practice, grab a junior student as a partner and proceed to instruct our junior student in whatever the heck he seems to feel that student needs to learn in his opinion. When the teacher claps for everyone to line back up, often they have to clap more than once to get his attention. He'll just keep on trying to tutor the junior student while the instructor is trying to change techniques. If there is only one beginner on the mat, they poor thing is basically stalked by him for every technique. I have a few younger female students in the school, they have come to me privately and asked me to sit next to them during class so they can bow to train with me immediately. They are creeped out with how he wants to train ONLY with them. (I don't think he's a perv, but they do unfortunately )

We are also starting to have issues with new students. I'm designated to prepare junior students for their kyu tests.(6th through 1st) Often time I'll tell a junior student "Sensei wants to see this done this particular way for your test." Then the junior student will often reply "But blank told me to do it this way." And 99% of the time the way in which this guy is telling junior students to do test techniques would result in failure. He just doesn't understand our standards or our system.

He refuses to take ukemi. I mean sometimes he falls down awkwardly.. maybe 5-10 times per class. But the average Aikidoka takes a good 70-100 ukemi during a typical class. He even goes so far as to just walk forward without striking, or grabbing and expect the student to do the technique when we demand that he takes ukemi for his partner. But it has no energy, it isn't an attack actually. Just a lazy toad like movement forward, then he stands still refusing to fall down. Which is frustrating because he only trains with 7th and 6th kyu who are trying to learn form.

But the hardest issue is when I'm teaching my classes. He at least twice per-class will interrupt my demonstration to point out how what I'm doing is flawed. (which I always reply, let's discuss it after class or at open mat...to which we never end up doing because he won't train with anyone of dan ranking!) He does his typical ignore the exercise at hand, teach his junior partner whatever he wants to teach them crap. So I saw him teaching the junior student and went up and said to myself, "Well if he is instructing them, they obviously need help, i'm the teacher I'll go instruct them." I interjected and called the junior student to attack me. This guy told the junior student to come back to him... :-/ I said "I'm going to help them with the technique." He said "we aren't doing that technique" I ignored him and proceeded to instruct the junior student which is my job! This made him angry for some reason. To which he just said I made the junior student look worse, right in front of the junior student. Which sucks for the poor kids self esteem!

I got angry, I wanted to tell him to sit out. I wanted to tell him to get the hell off my mat. But I didn't. I clapped and told everyone to line up for lined ukemi drills. He sat out of course. But what got me more upset was the fact he was telling under-classmen they didn't have to participate if they didn't want to. That what I was teaching would only injure them. (I was teaching standard forward, backwards, and barrel-rolls. Not even break-falls!)

So this is my issue. I'm not the Sensei or head instructor. Just a senior instructor. I've relayed my issues to my Sensei, my Sensei has the same complaints. He does the same crap to my Sensei in class apparently. My Sensei is at a loss, and is just trying to not create awkwardness or a disruption. We want to be welcoming, and we don't want junior students to see any negativity between the seniors and this student. e sort of just been trying to be polite, isolate our junior students and hope he falls in line or quits. We have asked him to not do many of these above described behaviors. If a senior instructor asks him, he argues with them. If the Sensei asks him he nods, then just ignores the request. I'm not sure how this will end up.
If I was running the school I would told him he is not welcome to classes or suspend him. But I respect my Sensei's desire to try and ride it out.
Dear Unknown Writer,
Why have you wasted so much of your time asking the forum members such an inane question?If you do not know the answer to your problem you and your mates might be high grade aikidoka with lots of skills, but I think you have little common sense.The answer/solution is as plain as the nose on your face.Get the guy, tell him straight he is acting the clown, tell him to either act
in a acceptable manner.If he does not agree kick him out.There, I have solved your problem now you can sleep at night.If you feel like sending me a monetary donation for this advice by all means do so.
All donations gratefully accepted , Cheers, Joe
Old 06-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #42
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England

Hi. I wonder why you call it trying to be polite.

I think you really need to understand a simple yet powerful truth called NO!!!

No I often say is a sword. If your no doesn't mean no then you have yet that lessen to learn and I think you had better learn it quick.

In this case it sounds more now like 'no, goodbye!'

Peace.G.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #43
"Trying to be polite"
Anonymous User

Quote:
Mario Tobias wrote: View Post
He "said" that he was promoted to yudansha. Does he have evidence that he indeed has attained Dan ranking. Can he provide it? It looks like you gauge his aikido as sub-par.

Clearly he does not understand the kohai-sempai-sensei relationship in a dojo.

You must make him remember.

If he still insists to train with you and if he can't produce evidence of him being a yudansha, if it were me I'd tell him to start out as a 7th kyu to teach him about proper etiquette if he wants to continue training. If he doesn't agree, ask him to train in another dojo.
No, no proof of anything. Wouldn't matter anyways he claims to be ranked by an unaffiliated independent teacher our organization does not recognized. Politics aside, he does understand some things about the kohai-sempai relationship. In the past when he has to be my training partner he often will say "you go first you are the senior student". But that's where it ends.

This individual has recently opted to try and test in our system, which is more frustrating. He'll learn how we do things just long enough for a test, but revert back and continue to teach other students his methods which is not the type of Aikido we want to promote. Frankly the way his Aikido looks we've questioned int he past whether or not he's just read a lot of books and watched a lot of videos then fabricated the lineage he claims to have.

Either way, I appreciate everyone's input on the situation. It just validates my own feelings in this situation. I have yet to read a response I don't wholly agree with. Since my last class the guy where I was a little more firm with him by directing students to train with whom I wanted them to train with, and cut him quickly when he interrupted me, he's not been back. He's done this in the past. A teacher will be firm with him, he'll skip class for a week or so then come back after he's cooled down. Unfortunately last time this happened he came back with an attitude like he had something to prove.

Unfortunately he, was rough with a female senior student at a class recently. She was "instructing him", he was doing a sankyo and she asked him to lighten up and he went harder instead, had something to prove to our senior ??? Unfortunately she told no one about this until after the class was over and the guy left for the day. She has issues with wanting to be perceived as tough, but I really wish she didn't just suck it up and told the teacher. She doesn't want us to kick him out or bring it up with him... not entirely sure why it was bad enough to tell us about, yet she's embarrassed and asked us to not bring to make a deal out of it. But with all due respect to her, i already told our Sensei, and I think I have to bring that up with him if I see him again. That really doesn't pass as cool for me.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:14 AM   #44
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom

Quote:
No, no proof of anything. Wouldn't matter anyways he claims to be ranked by an unaffiliated independent teacher our organization does not recognized. Politics aside, he does understand some things about the kohai-sempai relationship. In the past when he has to be my training partner he often will say "you go first you are the senior student". But that's where it ends.

This individual has recently opted to try and test in our system, which is more frustrating. He'll learn how we do things just long enough for a test, but revert back and continue to teach other students his methods which is not the type of Aikido we want to promote. Frankly the way his Aikido looks we've questioned int he past whether or not he's just read a lot of books and watched a lot of videos then fabricated the lineage he claims to have.

Either way, I appreciate everyone's input on the situation. It just validates my own feelings in this situation. I have yet to read a response I don't wholly agree with. Since my last class the guy where I was a little more firm with him by directing students to train with whom I wanted them to train with, and cut him quickly when he interrupted me, he's not been back. He's done this in the past. A teacher will be firm with him, he'll skip class for a week or so then come back after he's cooled down. Unfortunately last time this happened he came back with an attitude like he had something to prove.

Unfortunately he, was rough with a female senior student at a class recently. She was "instructing him", he was doing a sankyo and she asked him to lighten up and he went harder instead, had something to prove to our senior ??? Unfortunately she told no one about this until after the class was over and the guy left for the day. She has issues with wanting to be perceived as tough, but I really wish she didn't just suck it up and told the teacher. She doesn't want us to kick him out or bring it up with him... not entirely sure why it was bad enough to tell us about, yet she's embarrassed and asked us to not bring to make a deal out of it. But with all due respect to her, i already told our Sensei, and I think I have to bring that up with him if I see him again. That really doesn't pass as cool for me.
Hello again,
How much longer aree you going to take too kick this guy backside in the direction of the kerb?Face the fact that the guy is taking you and your group for a ride.Take action do not waste time trying to be understanding or lovey dovey .Get my message ???Hope so. Joe.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #45
heathererandolph
Dojo: Kokikai Aikido Boston
United_States

Mr./Ms. Politeness:

I see a some underlying issues here. I'm not sure on this person, Person X's rank in your dojo? That is not clear to me. If he's a 7th or 6th Kyu then he falls under your domain in preparing students for testing. If he is a Dan rank then well it is what it is. Anyhow, you and he need to be clear on that. The second is your responsibility, to what degree are you responsible for the people in the class? These issues might be something you could bring up with your leader, your Cho or Sensei. Word to the wise: don't gossip, don't speak I'll of others, I don't believe it can have any positive impact to tear a student down or to say he doesn't deserve a black belt. That is someone else's decision to make. The thing is if you do everything for everyone, well what about your own training?

I think handling upper level students is difficult, anyhow. And also they are in a new role. Some things will pass with time. If you get him thinking about his own progress he may start training with upper belts. He may not. But if you do something else you may be successful while if you keep doing the same you will have similar results.

Some of the things you that irritate you mention are common habits of some people I have known over the years. It's funny how when someone was late for class or left early it didn't bother me at all as a student in the dojo. Sometimes it's what we make of things. Anyhow, it is a basic tenant of human nature that you can bring out the best in people or you can bring out the worst in people. I really do think you need to examine your actions to see if you could be escalating this situation in the wrong direction.

I'm sure most would agree he probably is not as badly behaved with all the instructors. It is easy to have an enemy. We come to Aikido for a challenge. This is it. If we take the easy route in Aikido then the learning is undermined. I truly do believe he is looking for leadership from you, and you are not providing a steady, clear sense of leadership. Nature abhors a vacuum. There are two ways you can look at it. Either he is stepping up since you are not, or he is seizing on an opportunity. Actually his motivations don't really matter, and he might not understand them either.

I know everyone pretty much has said he is wrong, and yes I have to agree. He has been non-compliant and disobedient. His Aikido must be way out there to not take Ukemi. How can he do randori? But, that is his training, not him. If he had bad instruction it is not his fault. He is a product of his environment.
Enough about him. What about you? Doesn't seem like he did anything actually dangerous, if he did you'd be all over it. Just irritating, possibly humiliating. But, isn't Aikido about humility?

He criticizes your technique during your demo, and that is not polite but, if I were you I'd respond to that. You said he "pointed out a flaw in my technique" which makes me wonder if there was a flaw, if he's shaking your confidence, or there wasn't a flaw. If there was a flaw then thank him for pointing it out. If there wasn't one then show him why there was no flaw, if you need further study to decide then say so. If he's shaking your confidence, well maybe this will prompt you to reexamine this technique. Maybe your rule book says you cannot respond, but some things are not covered by the rule book.

Granted, you don't want to start a conversation or an argument. If he has further comment, that's the point where you can let him know there isn't time in the middle of demos for such discussion. If you say you'll talk to him about it later then do so.

If it were me I'd stay away from a black belt and lower grouping if the black belt isn't someone who was my student originally. Truly, his Sensei isn't even in the dojo. If he is a black belt (?) You could perhaps do some technique with both of them. There can be far too much talking in Aikido anyways. If you show some genuine excitement about the technique you've shown then he may become convinced that he wants to do it too. You really really do not want to argue with a student in the class. I can understand your fear that he might corrupt these students, but it is just not worth it. The students probably want consistency, and if you can explain that to him it might help. Sometimes the why can go a long way in someones understanding. Walking on and off the mat could be a safety issue and he needs to ask your permission before stepping off the mat. You don't know if he's hurt or why? Tell him he can stay on the mat if he just wants to observe. Assume the best not the worst and you may be surprised.

Maybe if the Cho sees bad or wrong technique from lower belts you can tell him that Mr. X has been making his impact and that may get him kicked out, or talked to but sometimes, as an instructor you have to let go.

You need to advise these women on how to stand up for themselves, rather than trying to be Sir Lancelot. Advise them to suggest changing partners if they already worked with someone, heading directly towards someone else, whatever you would do in a similar situation. They came to martial arts class for a reason.

Yes, you need to intervene sometimes but be positive . Be creative. Have a random selection of partners, work in small groups, lines. "work in" with he and his partner. Make him want to take Ukemi. Tell him, you can't do line technique without Ukemi. THEN do amazing big throws. That sounds reasonable. Or Randori. He'd be salivating if everyone could do randori instead of him.
Politeness, the most important thing. Do not let this effect your practice, and then, let this bring you to a new level. It is difficult to progress as a black belt. This situation could be distracting you. This could be your call to action. This guy can't stop you. Unless you let him.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #46
James Sawers

Dojo: Oak Park Aikikai, IL
United_States

I'm beginning to think this is a put-on. No teacher/sensei/dojo could be run this badly. As wise Joe said, it is just common sense, you don't need to be a black-belt to know what to do. Your lowest kyu ranks know what to do.

Zazen emptiness
Sitting under the moon
Mosquitoes whine in glee
Old 06-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #47
Janet Rosen

Quote:
James Sawers wrote: View Post
I'm beginning to think this is a put-on. No teacher/sensei/dojo could be run this badly.
You'd be surprised the stories we hear...

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield
Old 06-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #48
James Sawers

Dojo: Oak Park Aikikai, IL
United_States

Might as well invoke Godwin's Law and get this over with as I think this person has been given all the info she needs to do the right thing......

Zazen emptiness
Sitting under the moon
Mosquitoes whine in glee
Old 06-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #49
hughrbeyer
Dojo: Shobu Aikido of Boston
United_States

Okay:

Who does this guy think he is, Hitler? Better toss him out or it will be 1935 all over again.

Are we done now?
Old 06-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #50
"Trying to be polite"
Anonymous User

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
Hello again,
How much longer aree you going to take too kick this guy backside in the direction of the kerb?Face the fact that the guy is taking you and your group for a ride.Take action do not waste time trying to be understanding or lovey dovey .Get my message ???Hope so. Joe.
I agree with what you are saying. This is not my school. I can limit his access my own classes, but have no control on whether or not the school will continue to accept his patronage or not.