Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Techniques

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-13-2019, 01:29 PM   #51
shizentai
United_States
Re: Escape from ikkyo ??

Quote:
Igor Vojnović wrote: View Post
And off course I didn't write this anywhere so it turns into a quasi logical bullshit argument on your part. Bravo.
You implied that kicking people in the head and choking them was part of Aikido, by citing fringe examples. Your goal was to contradict the fact that mainstream Aikido has a pacifist philosophy to which it mostly complies around the world. This was a No True Scotsman Fallacy on your part, and I called it as such.

Quote:
No, it's because you don't know how to properly use them.
Note again - Aikido kneeling pins. Not just "any pin utilizing the knee". For example you could pin someone with Knee On Belly or Knee On Back, which are far more reliable than an Aikido kneeling pins that kotegaeshi or ikkyo end with.

Since you mentioned cops - when a cop is accosted by a violent suspect, ALONE, there's no way they're even going to try using something as fragile as Aikido kneeling pins. Have you ever tried getting anyone who is actively resisting, into such a pin, and holding them there?

Quote:
The biggest part is the lack of knowledge present in the general population. Like the one you displayed here and on several other posts.
And we go back straight to No True Scotsman fallacy, which you just explicitly used again
Old 09-13-2019, 07:02 PM   #52
MrIggy
Dojo: Aikido Klub Tisa - Novi Sad
Serbia
Re: Escape from ikkyo ??

Quote:
Aleksey Nikolaevich wrote: View Post
You implied that kicking people in the head and choking them was part of Aikido,by citing fringe examples. Your goal was to contradict the fact that mainstream Aikido has a pacifist philosophy to which it mostly complies around the world. This was a No True Scotsman Fallacy on your part, and I called it as such.
And it is a part, unfortunately not of your training it seems. And those examples aren't "fringe", the kick to the head option I was taught from the very beginning (6 kyu) and as for chokes, in fact I've learned some of them early as well, plus at seminars we used to learn them with other "advanced" stuff. As for you, first you have to define "mainstream" Aikido because it seems for instance that your and my training were quite different and I've never actually witnessed the supposed "pacifist philosophy", all I was taught was to not humiliate the opponent and that's it.

Quote:
Note again - Aikido kneeling pins. Not just "any pin utilizing the knee". For example you could pin someone with Knee On Belly or Knee On Back, which are far more reliable than an Aikido kneeling pins that kotegaeshi or ikkyo end with.
Knee on belly is not a good pin for a cop, depending on what you mean by knee on back yes that's actually more reliable. Do you actually know which knee pins you can use from kotegaeshi or ikkyo for that matter? Knee pins on the head and shoulder for instance?

Quote:
Since you mentioned cops - when a cop is accosted by a violent suspect, ALONE, there's no way they're even going to try using something as fragile as Aikido kneeling pins. Have you ever tried getting anyone who is actively resisting, into such a pin, and holding them there?
Yes we did do that. But first you have to explain which knee pins do you actually think you know?

Quote:
And we go back straight to No True Scotsman fallacy, which you just explicitly used again
And there you go again with the quasi logic bullshit.