Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > AikiWeb System

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
AikiWeb System
Endo Seishiro shihan's new book, 'Vibration and Connection'

Posted 2013-10-16 23:21:39 by Daniel Nishina
News URL: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4331517276

Last spring (2013), Endo Seishiro sensei's book was published and has since been available on Amazon.co.jp (only). It seems there are only a few left of the first printing. I've put up some sample pages. Sensei will be going to Washington DC in the near future and I've encouraged him to carry along a few copies of the book for people to buy. In any case, please check it out! (The plans for getting a second printing going are going very slowly.)

Old 10-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
David Yap
Malaysia
Re: Endo Seishiro shihan's new book, 'Vibration and Connection'

Regret that Amazon Japan delivers within Japan only.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
David Yap
Malaysia

Quote:
David Yap wrote: View Post
Alternate source:

http://www.yesasia.com/global/search...n-en/list.html
Old 10-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #4
Alex Megann
Dojo: Southampton Aikikai
United Kingdom

Quote:
As far as I can interpret the yesasia page, you have to buy two at at time (the "shipment unit" is 2). Someone persuade me otherwise!

Alex
Old 10-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States

Quote:
Amazon Japan ships to the US without any problems - I don't know about other countries. I bought it from Honto when it first came out, and it still shows as available, so I'm not sure why the news item says Amazon only.

Best,

Chris

Old 10-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
David Yap
Malaysia

Quote:
Alex Megann wrote: View Post
As far as I can interpret the yesasia page, you have to buy two at at time (the "shipment unit" is 2). Someone persuade me otherwise!

Alex
I have ordered mine. Shipment unit is 2 because the itemized bill states 1. Cost of the book(s) and 2. Cost of shipping. My order is for 1 copy only which is USD24.99
Old 10-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
David Yap
Malaysia

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
Amazon Japan ships to the US without any problems - I don't know about other countries. I bought it from Honto when it first came out, and it still shows as available, so I'm not sure why the news item says Amazon only.

Best,

Chris
I tried to order but to put the item into the shopping cart I need to put in the area/zip code for the Japan. i don't read Japanese and so have to use the English translated page.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States

Quote:
I tried to order but to put the item into the shopping cart I need to put in the area/zip code for the Japan. i don't read Japanese and so have to use the English translated page.
Ahh...in Japanese I believe there's a way to switch to an international shipping address (I just use my previously registered US shipping address) - I'm not sure about the English side.

Best,

Chris

Old 10-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
Alex Megann
Dojo: Southampton Aikikai
United Kingdom

Quote:
I have ordered mine. Shipment unit is 2 because the itemized bill states 1. Cost of the book(s) and 2. Cost of shipping. My order is for 1 copy only which is USD24.99
Hmm. Makes more sense when you explain it than when I was on the website!

Alex
Old 10-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
Millsy
Dojo: Aiki-Centre
Australia

Quote:
I ordered one copy from yesasia.com no problems. Also I used the following coupon code for $3 off: NEWTWITTER3

Order total with shipping - coupon = USD25.48
Old 10-21-2013, 01:04 AM   #11
Carsten Möllering

Dojo: Hildesheimer Aikido Verein
Germany

1. amazon.jp delivers to Europe. But you have to create a new amazon account on amazon.jp because an acount allready existing on amazon.de or ~ fr. etc. does not work with amazon.jp. Also payment is accepted only via credit card. paypal wich is commonly used with amazon in Europe or US does not work. (That's why I did not use amazon to geht sensei's book.)
While most of the site is Japanese there is a "Help in English" and creating my account -inlcuding shipping address- worked in English also.

2. I ordered my copy via Yesasia. But it took three month until I finally got my copy. At least they were very friendly answering my inquieries concerning the delay. I didn't use Yesasia before, so I don't know wether delays are typical for them.
They have an English site, payment works via paypal and they have a friedly service.
"Shipment unit" is just a way of calculating the shipment costs.

Last edited by Carsten Möllering : 10-21-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:38 AM   #12
crbateman

Update: I was dismayed to learn that YesAsia.com is currently cancelling and refunding any orders made for this title, due to unavailability of product. Letters of cancellation do not indicate any date for resupply, and backorders are apparently not a consideration. Their website now lists the book as "Out of Print, No Longer Available from Publisher". Their toll-free USA Customer Service telephone number is 1-866-440-8388.

That I do not have this book in my library gives me the heebie-jeebies , so anybody that can turn me on to an alternative source would be appreciated...

Last edited by crbateman : 11-19-2013 at 03:51 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:52 AM   #13
Peter Goldsbury

Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Japan

Hello Clark,

On the website of Amazon (Japan), information is given that there are 13 copies in the warehouse. I have never had any trouble in paying for books from Amazon in the US, Japan, UK, France and Germany, all on the same credit card.

Best wishes,

P A Goldsbury
Old 11-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #14
Millsy
Dojo: Aiki-Centre
Australia

Quote:
Clark Bateman wrote: View Post
Update: I was dismayed to learn that YesAsia.com is currently cancelling and refunding any orders made for this title, due to unavailability of product. Letters of cancellation do not indicate any date for resupply, and backorders are apparently not a consideration. Their website now lists the book as "Out of Print, No Longer Available from Publisher". Their toll-free USA Customer Service telephone number is 1-866-440-8388.

That I do not have this book in my library gives me the heebie-jeebies , so anybody that can turn me on to an alternative source would be appreciated...
Looks like I ordered mine just in time. Came earlier this week from YesAsia (Took over a month).
Old 11-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #15
crbateman

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
Hello Clark,

On the website of Amazon (Japan), information is given that there are 13 copies in the warehouse. I have never had any trouble in paying for books from Amazon in the US, Japan, UK, France and Germany, all on the same credit card.

Best wishes,
Hello, Peter! So good to hear from you. Just set up an account at amazon.co.jp and ordered a copy (so glad there's a translation key). So, hopefully, the book will be on its way across the pond soon, and my DT's will subside. Thanks so much for your help!

Cheers...
Old 11-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #16
Peter Goldsbury

Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Japan

Quote:
Clark Bateman wrote: View Post
Hello, Peter! So good to hear from you. Just set up an account at amazon.co.jp and ordered a copy (so glad there's a translation key). So, hopefully, the book will be on its way across the pond soon, and my DT's will subside. Thanks so much for your help!

Cheers...
Hello Clark,

I find Amazon in Japan very good, not just for the books they sell directly, but also for the network of contacts with second hand booksellers around Japan. I will shortly send TIE 25 to Jun for the December columns. it has taken a long time to write because of the research required. However, I have been helped by the number of out-of-print books I have been able to acquire via Amazon. You can choose between three different postal rates and I have found that the slowest takes about two or three days. (Except for the bilingual book by Endo Shihan, these books are exclusively written in Japanese and published in Japan.)

P A Goldsbury
Old 11-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #17
crbateman

Update:

Wow! Here it is only 4 days from ordering, and the book just showed up here in Florida via DHL Express! That is amazing! With shipping costs only 11 USD, and customs to navigate as well, I could not imagine this lightning-fast turnaround. Kudos to Amazon.co.jp, and many thanks to Prof. Goldsbury for the heads-up!