Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 07-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Kenji Ushiro Sensei Seminar - October 23 & 24- Bedford Hills, New York

Seminar with Kenji Ushiro, 8th Dan, Kyoshi of Ushiro Karetedo

Kenji Ushiro Sensei teaches a style of Okinawan Karate called Ushiro Karatedo. Ushiro Sensei is an 8th dan Kyoshi of Ushiro Karetedo and 7th dan Kyoshi of Iaido, All-Japan Kendo Federation. His teacher, Nikichi Zaha, learned Okinawan karate from his own father, who was the direct student of Sokon Matsumura, as well as from his elder brother, Jiro Zaha, one of the top students of Chosin Chibana. Matsumura and Chibana were pivotal figures in the development of modern Okinawan karate. Zaha Sensei learned from many famous kareteka such as Shinpei Tawada.

Ushiro Sensei's mastery of ki, as expressed through his karate, is at a level rarely seen in the world of martial arts. He is a highly sought-after instructor in Japan and author of several books on martial arts. His second book, Karate and Ki, has recently been released in an English version (reading this book before the seminar is strongly recommended).

Ushiro Sensei is teaching the second of two seminars in New York in 2010. This will be your last opportunity to train with Ushiro Sensei in the United States this year! This seminar is a rare opportunity for any style of martial artist to work on increasing the ability to generate and use internal power in the execution of an art. Registration for this event is mandatory and training spaces for this event are expected to fill-up quickly.

Where: Aikido Arts of Shin-Budo Kai
185 Adams Street
Bedford Hills, New York 10507
Http://www.aasbk.com
Sensei@aasbk.com
914 - 242 - 3636

When: Saturday, October 23, 2010: 9am. - Noon & 2:30pm. - 4:30pm.
Sunday, October 24, 2010: 9am. - Noon & 2:30pm. - 4:30pm.

Costs: Both days: $250 ($200 if registration and payment received before 9/23/10).
One day: $150 ($125 if registration and payment received before 9/23/10).
* ASK ABOUT GROUP DISCOUNTS!*

Accommodations: Arrangements will be made with the Holiday Inn in Mount Kisco, New York to provide the best prices possible for rooms. There is a limited availability of attendees being hosted at no charge by my students. These arrangements must be made directly with Marc Abrams Sensei well in advance of the seminar dates.

*Preference will be given to both day participants so as to allow for continuity in the training experience*
Old 09-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Howard Popkin
Dojo: www.pbjjc.com
United_States
Re: Kenji Ushiro Sensei Seminar - October 23 & 24- Bedford Hills, New York

Guys - Many of my friends have said wonderful things about Ushiro Sensei's Waza.

Go check it out !

Best regards,

Howard
Old 09-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
SeiserL

United_States

If you can get there, do it or regret it.
I trained with Ushiro Sensei at the Aiki Expos.
Blew me (and everyone else) away.
Highly recommend.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States

I would personally like to thank everybody who attended this seminar. This was Ushiro Sensei's 6th seminar at my dojo and most of the attendees had attended at least 4 previous seminars. The depth of the teachings and the practice that is being reached continues to grow and inspire us forward in our pursuit of true excellence in the world of martial arts.

I am happy to announce that Ushiro Sensei's open seminar schedule for 2011 is:

1) April 9 & 10, 2011 in Lyon, France

2) May 14 & 15, 2011 in Bedford Hills, New York

3) October 29 & 30, 2011 in Seattle, Washington

Contact me if you would like any more details on this upcoming events. I will post more detailed information as these events near.

Marc Abrams