Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Websites

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
danj
Dojo: Brisbane Aikido Republic
Australia
Finding students via twitter, facebook etc...

Hi everyone,
Noticing the growing traffic on social media sites and hearing people are using them like a search engine I've setup twitter and face book page to accompany my dojos website

twitter.com/aikidorepublic
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brisba...57038900976914

While I'm somewhat wary of web 2.0 tools being attractive to mainly gen Y and thus attracting the gen Y sterotypicaltypical enquiry time wasters I am hopeful it finds the geninely interested

While it'd be nice if listka might find them intersting enough to subscribe to I' d be very interested to hear other peoples thoughts on if these tools are effective as a form of bringing new people to the dojo and any insights they might have in their use

best,
dan

Old 10-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
guest1234567
Spain
Re: Finding students via twitter, facebook etc...

Quote:
Daniel James wrote: View Post
Hi everyone,
Noticing the growing traffic on social media sites and hearing people are using them like a search engine I've setup twitter and face book page to accompany my dojos website

twitter.com/aikidorepublic
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brisba...57038900976914

While I'm somewhat wary of web 2.0 tools being attractive to mainly gen Y and thus attracting the gen Y sterotypicaltypical enquiry time wasters I am hopeful it finds the geninely interested

While it'd be nice if listka might find them intersting enough to subscribe to I' d be very interested to hear other peoples thoughts on if these tools are effective as a form of bringing new people to the dojo and any insights they might have in their use

best,
dan
Hello Daniel,
Here in Spain people use it as publicity for their seminars, you receive an invitation: Will you come: Yes, No or Perhaps.
I subscribed a few weeks ago to promote our international seminar in november. I think it is a good idea to find new students,almost everybody is subscribed, what a phenomenon
Old 10-12-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States

interesting article on facebook analysis http://www.suite101.com/content/face...sorder-a189661

wonder what sort of personality of folks who paid good money for getting slam into the grounds, albeit covered with mats, and limb twisting in painful configuration only to ask "thank you sir! may i have another?"
Old 10-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
tim evans
United_States

I would like to see a app for the apple ipad or iphone aikido3d or some aikijuijitsu this could give people a differrent look than just youtube.