Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #126
Mannix Moya

Dojo: Quezon City Aikido Club
Philippines
Re: Tracing my Philippine Aikikai Roots

Quote:
Eric Amada wrote: View Post
Hello to everyone..Im Eric Phil. Aikikai sensei during the 90's hope they still remember me. So whats the hot topic here? im not always online here but it seems previously there was a hot conversation regarding Omar Camar and legitimacy of the Phil Aikikai?
Eric,

Musta na! Dundee, Sonny, and I will be seeing each other this weekend at Sei Jun's dojo.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:32 PM   #127
Drixster
Dojo: Phil. Aikikai (Phils)
United Kingdom

helo manix,
im fine. im still practising aikido here in my place in Colchester. And im very glad that i have a good training in Quaipo. by the way di ko matandaan ang name mo pero segurado kilala kita. please help me to refresh it. Please send my regards to my good friends Dundee, Ace, Sonny, Jun, Noel & others. Hope to see you in summer to in the mat.

Eric
Old 01-06-2009, 04:44 AM   #128
Ritchie Martinez
Dojo: Makiling Aikido International
Philippines

Hi Everybody,

I can't believe that this thread had gone a long way since I last posted.. I would just like to ask everyone involved to please put an end to this discussion in which I think I started.. This is not the sort of thing that we guys are trained for.. I am not with Sensei Camar's group anymore, I' currently inactive with my new group because of work.. But I did not bail out on Sensei Camar because of affiliation or anything, it's more of a personal matter, but my respect with the old man and the group is still here, it won't fade no matter what.. I love the man, I love the type of Aikido I learned from him and I know that all of you also love the Aikido you learned from your Sensei's.. As i've said once before, I hope that one day all Aikidokas in the Philippines practice under one roof, regardless of rank, affiliation, age, gender, etc.. Will any one of you try to organize such event, I would certainly like to try, but honestly, don't know where to begin or how to even actually start.. Anyway, I wish everyone of you a good day and a lot of Aikido sessions..

Rei..
Old 06-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #129
EzD
United_States

Quote:
Rod Lansangan wrote: View Post
Kumusta to all. I just have a question that I have in mind that I want to ask. Is sensei Reyes from Olongapo City? If he is then maybe he is related to my fraternity sister Tess at the FEU in the late 70's. One more thing also,,, I met a guy in San Diego by the name of Mar DeLeon in the early 90"s and he told me that he came from the Philippine Aikikai Dojo. Anyone knows Mar DeLeon? The last time I went down to San Diego his dojo was not there anymore.

Well, just dropping by also to say hello to all fellow PINOYS .
I studied with him for some time. He has moved on to a new location northeast of san diego. Still teaches Aikido! and yes, he did come by way of the Philippine Aikikai...in fact several of my certificates were actually signed by Mr. Camar.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #130
Teena Inayan
Dojo: Iloilo aikido
Philippines

Dear fellow aikidokas,

Manila Aikido Club was born in Guam in mid 1960s together with Roxas Aikido Club and COG Aikido Club. These 3 clubs branched out from the Guam Aikido Club in Asan Point Military Base in Guam, and all 4 clubs were recognized and under the umbrella of Marianas Aiki Kwai as reflected on their membership IDs. Senior Instructors of these clubs included Harry Eto, David Kalama, Richard Sasaki and Francisco Valencia (was the only Filipino Shodan 1965). Somewhere 1966-67, Mr. Galarpe was chosen to introduce the Aikido officially in the Philippines by the Board of Directors of Guam Aikido Club and brought with him Manila Aikido Club and its wooden plaque. Mr. Camar also went and trained at Guam Aikido Club, as adviced by Mr. Galarpe. And thus, Mr. Camar inherited Manila Aikido Club now based in the Philippines. Roxas Aikido Club still went on propagating Aikido in Guam under Mr. Valencia with a 4th Dan in 1974.

In Harmony
Old 08-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #131
Teena Inayan
Philippines

http://aikiloilo.bravehost.com/images/group8.jpg
Old 04-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #132
Teena Inayan
Philippines