Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Weapons

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
gozer
Dojo: Kinjo Aiki Dojo, Wheat Ridge, CO
United_States
online source for Iwama weapons?

I run an Iwama Aikdo school (CAA Div 1) in CO and am looking for a source for Iwama weapons. Specifically 1"x52" unfinished white oak jo. Myself and others have ordered hickory weapons from kingfisher, but I have been unable to find any other alternatives. Every place I find only has 50" jo and they are all covered in some sort of sticky finish (c'mon, who wants that? ).

There is a local store by the dojo in CA, and I will be making a trip there next time I'm out, but I was hoping to find something online I could direct students to for ordering their supplies.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
Jeremy Hulley
Dojo: Seattle School of Aikido Shinto Ryu/Seattle Icho Ryu
Re: online source for Iwama weapons?

kim taylor...sdk supplies,

Jeremy Hulley
Shinto Ryu Iai Battojutsu
Tuesday Night Bad Budo Club
Old 06-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #3
Riai Maori

New Zealand-Maori

Quote:
Charles Bland wrote: View Post
I run an Iwama Aikdo school (CAA Div 1) in CO and am looking for a source for Iwama weapons. Specifically 1"x52" unfinished white oak jo. Myself and others have ordered hickory weapons from kingfisher, but I have been unable to find any other alternatives. Every place I find only has 50" jo and they are all covered in some sort of sticky finish (c'mon, who wants that? ).

There is a local store by the dojo in CA, and I will be making a trip there next time I'm out, but I was hoping to find something online I could direct students to for ordering their supplies.
http://www.tozandoshop.com/Tozando-C...5By%5D-999.htm

I have an over size custom made in Japan Bokken from these guys. Excellent quality. Expensive yes, but you only get what you pay for.

Last edited by Riai Maori : 06-20-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Motto tsuyoku
Old 06-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #4
gozer
Dojo: Kinjo Aiki Dojo, Wheat Ridge, CO
United_States

Thanks for the responses. Nice to see Tozando has free shipping.