Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 07-08-2014, 06:48 AM   #1
morph4me

United_States
Dan Harden in N.Y. July 18-20 Internal power and Aiki

Dan Harden will be returning for his continuing seminar series.
Aikido Arts of Shin-Budo Kai
185 Adams St,
Bedford Hills, NY 10507

PLEASE NOTE:
Friday Night 6:30-9pm. will be for returning attendees. Q & A and review
Sat. 10-6
Sun 10-6

This seminar is for previous attendees so that we can develop some consistency in progression amongst the regular attendees. if you have not trained with Dan Harden before, contact him directly before paying to make sure there is room, so that you can become an integral part in this continuing training experience.

The seminar will be $185 for the weekend.

Please register directly with Dan Harden at dojoseminars@gmail.com
Payments are to PayPal homeoffice@charter.net
Registration and Payments are required in advance unless you have spoken to Dan directly.

"Logical consequences are the scarecrows of fools and the beacons of wise men" - Thomas Henry Huxley
Old 07-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
ken king
United_States
Re: Dan Harden in N.Y. July 18-20 Internal power and Aiki

This seminar was my first time training with Dan. I knew no one there but was welcomed and left feeling like I made some new friends. The jokes and laughter were constant, as Dan says training budo sucks why not have fun? Most of all Dan delivers exactly what he advertises, clear instruction on how to build internal strength, solo/paired exercises, and application. By Sunday my brain was mush and body sore from accessing things I never knew I could control. By feeling Dan and some of his students it gave me a tangible goal, a feeling to work towards. It's not magic or spiritual but you can't learn this stuff from books or the internet. You owe it to yourself to go out and feel it, it'll change the way you think about budo guaranteed.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
dbotari
Canada

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself to the group. I am based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and have been practicing various Japanese martial arts for over 3 decades. My current focus is on three arts: Aikido (Yoshinkan), Iaido (MJER) and Jodo (SMR). I have been following Dan's posts (and the resulting conversations ) on Aikiweb for a number of years now but finally made it out to a workshop last weekend at Marc Abram's dojo in Bedford Hills NY.

I was floored. I had often heard the expression "It has to be felt" and now realize just how true that statement is. But I felt disappointment throughout the seminar. Not at Dan's ability or his method or anything that had to do with the workshop. I was exposed to the "magic" I had been searching for years to find. No, I was disappointed that I had spent the better part of my life training with little to show for the time and effort except for a collection of kata and waza. By listening to Dan talk as well as the other students comments I began to understand how these skills were integral to everything I had been studying all these years. I just never made the connections or understood how to make those connections. I left the workshop Sunday night and on my 8+ hour drive back to Toronto could not stop thinking about what I had experienced.

What I had been exposed to during the two days of the workshop is fundamental to making the arts I practice work. To develop these skills will take a great amount of effort, dedication and time. I felt some fear - at my age could I ever really develop these skills to a usable level? The thought of dedicating a decade or more to training to develop and integrate these skills into my budo is daunting. As I crossed the border back into Canada I remembered Lao Tzu's words "A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step". I have taken the first step in a very long journey.

Thanks to Dan for sharing his knowledge. Thanks to the other workshop attendees - especially those work gave of their time to work with me. Thanks to Marc and his students for hosting the event. I look forward to participating in the next workshop.

Dan Botari
Old 07-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #4
morph4me

United_States

It was a pleasure working with you guys, glad you enjoyed the experience,like Dan says, "Do the work". Hope to see you at the next one.

"Logical consequences are the scarecrows of fools and the beacons of wise men" - Thomas Henry Huxley
Old 07-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #5
ken king
United_States

Quote:
Tom Quinn wrote: View Post
It was a pleasure working with you guys, glad you enjoyed the experience,like Dan says, "Do the work". Hope to see you at the next one.
Already signed up and booked my flight last night, see ya in November.