Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #26
Howard Popkin
Dojo: www.pbjjc.com
United_States
Re: How Much Dan Gets Paid

Thanks Greg, but I just wanted people to understand the value that should be placed on someone who is willing to travel great distances and sleep in hotels with lousy beds just to teach someone else what used to be a highly guarded secret, only taught to one or two people per generation.

As for Joe, He conducted himself with integrity, I think he was honestly asking questions. That's why I gave him an honest answer.

How's the foot ?

Best wishes,

Howie

Old 11-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #27
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States

Quote:
Howard Popkin wrote: View Post
Thanks Greg, but I just wanted people to understand the value that should be placed on someone who is willing to travel great distances and sleep in hotels with lousy beds just to teach someone else what used to be a highly guarded secret, only taught to one or two people per generation.

As for Joe, He conducted himself with integrity, I think he was honestly asking questions. That's why I gave him an honest answer.

How's the foot ?

Best wishes,

Howie
I am with ya - I tried my own little shot at expressing the value of what is being discussed here as well

Joe and I have had a couple PMs previously - he may come across a little blunt sometimes, but he is a gentleman and honest, I like him!

More accurate question would be: 'How are the feet?" Not as good as I would hope for at this time - getting better, but not 100% - toes on the left foot healed, but I think there was also some nerve damage in there as well along with some bone bruising; still have some pain there. The ankle on the right foot is still weak and painful in areas as well. However, all things considered, I can train for a few hours at a time without too much problem

See ya in January

Greg

ps: sorry for all the personal stuff, but he did ask

Old 11-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #28
Howard Popkin
United_States

Feel better

Old 11-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #29
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom

Quote:
Greg Steckel wrote: View Post
I am with ya - I tried my own little shot at expressing the value of what is being discussed here as well

Joe and I have had a couple PMs previously - he may come across a little blunt sometimes, but he is a gentleman and honest, I like him!

More accurate question would be: 'How are the feet?" Not as good as I would hope for at this time - getting better, but not 100% - toes on the left foot healed, but I think there was also some nerve damage in there as well along with some bone bruising; still have some pain there. The ankle on the right foot is still weak and painful in areas as well. However, all things considered, I can train for a few hours at a time without too much problem

See ya in January

Greg

ps: sorry for all the personal stuff, but he did ask
HiGuys,
With such praise coming from you guys and others I run a serious risk of becoming the prizewinner of the Aikiwebs Popular Man of the Year 2011 in the category of 'Idiot Sensei-over 70
year old section!Next thing I know I will be asked to join the U.K coalition Government!!!
Hope the feet improve-take care , cheers, Joe

Old 11-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #30
Lyle Laizure

Dojo: Hinode Dojo LLC
United_States

As an attendee to a seminar I am not concerned with what the instructor is gettting "paid" to conduct the seminar. That is and should be between the hosting school and the visiting instructor. If I can afford to go to a seminar and I am interested in what the instructor has to offer then I go, otherwise I don't.

Lyle Laizure
www.hinodedojo.com
Deru kugi wa uta reru

Old 11-10-2011, 03:56 AM   #31
Mark Freeman
Dojo: Dartington
United Kingdom

Quote:
Lyle Laizure wrote: View Post
As an attendee to a seminar I am not concerned with what the instructor is gettting "paid" to conduct the seminar. That is and should be between the hosting school and the visiting instructor. If I can afford to go to a seminar and I am interested in what the instructor has to offer then I go, otherwise I don't.
This is and really the only consideration that should be taken in to account.

Does Dan give good value for money? Is he worth it? I can't speak for anyone but myself, I would say yes, absolutely. He is generous with his time and his knowledge, and seems to me, to be on a mission to disseminate a particular skillset, to those that want it, and who are prepared to travel and put the personal effort into getting it.

Attending one of Dan's seminars will leave you richer not poorer, but you will also realise that you have invested in a ticket that could take you to places you didn't think were possible for you (again, only if you are prepared to put in the work).

regards,

Mark

Success is having what you want. Happiness is wanting what you have.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:19 AM   #32
Howard Popkin
United_States

just scratching the surface of what Dan can do, AND TEACH

Old 11-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #33
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
HiGuys,
With such praise coming from you guys and others I run a serious risk of becoming the prizewinner of the Aikiwebs Popular Man of the Year 2011 in the category of 'Idiot Sensei-over 70
year old section!Next thing I know I will be asked to join the U.K coalition Government!!!
Hope the feet improve-take care , cheers, Joe
Thanks -

Greg

Old 11-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #34
Mark Freeman
Dojo: Dartington
United Kingdom

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
!Next thing I know I will be asked to join the U.K coalition Government!!!
Hi Joe,

it has been acknowledged on this forum that you are a gentleman and you are honest, these facts alone disqualify you from being able to take a place in the UK coalition government

regards,

Mark

Success is having what you want. Happiness is wanting what you have.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #35
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States

Quote:
Mark Freeman wrote: View Post
Hi Joe,

it has been acknowledged on this forum that you are a gentleman and you are honest, these facts alone disqualify you from being able to take a place in the UK coalition government

regards,

Mark
Mark:

Being honest and a gentleman immediately disqualifies a person from being a political figure, let alone working in a coalition government (Coalition government= prostitutes who will band together for the best paying brothels and customers).

Regards,

marc abrams

Old 11-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #36
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom

Quote:
Mark Freeman wrote: View Post
Hi Joe,

regards,

Mark
Dear Mark , Brilliant comment!!! All the best , Joe.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #37
HL1978
Dojo: Aunkai
United_States

I've run a couple of seminars and the costs involved are in line with the costs other have spoken. Venue fees are also killer in the USA, unless you have access to dedicated space. One teacher was surprised given that venue costs are much cheaper in his home country.

I've run seminars at a loss, but I don't think anyone here is doing this to get rich. If they were they would be using a different business model.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #38
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England

May I say I find this thread a bit ridiculous almost to the point of abominable. I actually can't agree with such a thread fitting in with decency.

If you are going to go to a seminar or course you have the right to enquire about cost.

However, beyond that I see it as nobodies business.

I don't have to agree with what Dan says to see this. A ridiculous thread.

Regards.G.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #39
Gorgeous George
United Kingdom

...says the master of 'not ridiculous' threads...

Old 11-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #40
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England

Quote:
Graham Jenkins wrote: View Post
...says the master of 'not ridiculous' threads...
And the master of ridiculous comments.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #41
Gorgeous George
United Kingdom

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
And the master of ridiculous comments.
Of course; you're the master of so many things.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #42
akiy

It looks like this thread has run its course, both in resolving the original issue and in staying respectful of one another.

Thread closed.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!

Closed Thread