Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
jamie yugawa

Dojo: Sapporo
Japan
History of Aikido in hilo hawaii ...ongoing project

I have been working on a project History of Aikido on the big island of hawaii and was wondering is there enough interest in this for me to make a book ? I wanted some outside feedback, is there enough interest out there to warrant this ? For myself i have found very little on the internet and even less in book form . So the Aikidoka and former practicing aikidoka have been very generous with their time and information , I have even found some great "lost pictures " too . Another question is what types of questions should i ask ? I am a novice journalist with a digital recorder and a thirst for information ,sometimes i don't know what to ask . Have access to early pioneers of aikido such as Takashi Nonaka ,Hajime Uyeki,George yamamoto ,Richard Okano and Kenneth Kimura has been invaluable in this so far . Please any feedback would be great .Thank you .
Old 06-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
crbateman

Re: History of Aikido in hilo hawaii ...ongoing project

Any time you can pass on knowledge, particularly in the interest of preserving historical information, it's a good thing. Sadly, the prospects for even a financial break-even on such a niche topic are not good. I do hope you can find a way. Look into "print-on-demand" publishing, rather than mass-market. Much less up-front investment.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
jamie yugawa

Dojo: Sapporo
Japan
Re: History of Aikido in hilo hawaii ...ongoing project

Thank you for the tip. yeah the facts i have been learning have been great ,the hilo aikido club started in 1953 has had a great sources of knowledge from O-Sensei(1961 visit ),Koichi tohei ,Koretoshi maruyama ,Akira tohei ,tamura sensei ,etc .On the Aikikai side (the hilo aikido club has been associated with Ki aikido since the split ) My senseis bob and barbara klein have dedicated their lives to the spirit of aikido for over 30 years in hilo . hopefully i will get to finish this project soon.(lots of transcribing !!)