Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
jamie yugawa

Dojo: Sapporo
Japan
HIgh Ranking Ki Society hawaii members on video or practiced with

I wanted to find out if anyone knows if there is video out there of the senior members of the Hawaii Ki Society (Seiichi Suzuki Sensei, Takashi Nonaka Sensei , Seichi Tabata Sensei, Harry Ito sensei , Clayton Naluai Sensei , Hajime Uyeki Sensei , etc ). I also wanted to find out if anyone has experience training with them, what they would emphasize during training and general aikido style.
Thank you
Old 04-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
Jake McKee

Re: HIgh Ranking Ki Society hawaii members on video or practiced with

The only one I took classes from was Clayton Naluai. Ex singer for the band - the Surfers. He's an excellent speaker. Very motivating and captivating. When I took a class at his dojo there wasn't many techniques taught but a lot of good lessons. Once we invited him to teach a seminar at our dojo and the focus was on ki tests with a few techniques at the end.

The only video I have of him is already on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-pfW5CXp0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NivSoyW1PNs

Excellent instructor and I'd highly recommend taking a class from him if you can. I heard he's retired now though.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:47 PM   #3
jamie yugawa

Dojo: Sapporo
Japan
Re: HIgh Ranking Ki Society hawaii members on video or practiced with

Yes ive heard a lot about naluai sensei , I hope to meet him sometime for an interview in the near future. Im curious about Suzuki sensei ive heard many a story about him and would like to hear more , also locally here Takashi Nonaka Sensei has done a lot of traveling to seminars all over the united states it too bad there doesn't seem to be any videos of these senseis teaching.