Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Spiritual

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-09-2006, 08:40 AM   #26
Charlie

Re: Yoshinkan folks pls come in

How bout Steve-o? Can we call you Steve-o...

Charles Burmeister
Aikido Yoshinkan Yoseikai

"Calmness is trust in action"
Old 11-09-2006, 01:02 PM   #27
KamiKaze_Evolution
Malaysia

I have exactly understand about ki concept of Yoshinkan Aikido, i was actually buy "Total Aikido" and such concept has mentioned in that book. Yoshinkan Aikido isn't magic or miracle, i do mean that "Ogi" or "hidden techniques" performed by Shioda Gozo Soke.

KamiKaze
Old 11-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #28
Steven

Dojo: Aikido Yoshinkan Sacramento - Seikeikan Dojo
United_States

Quote:
Charles Burmeister wrote:
How bout Steve-o? Can we call you Steve-o...
You've called me worst ...
Old 01-10-2007, 05:13 AM   #29
KamiKaze_Evolution
Malaysia

Ramlan Sensei says that Yoshinkan Aikido is 100% self-defense skills not magic or qigong, this makes an advantage for me to explain to those Christians or Muslims regards Ki Concept of Yoshinkan Aikido.

KamiKaze
Old 03-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #30
KamiKaze_Evolution
Malaysia

Why so quiet everybody? have nothing to say about

KamiKaze
Old 03-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #31
JAMJTX
Dojo: Aikibudo Seishinkan
United_States

My own experience with Yoshinkan has been primarily Police oriented. To my knowledge, Yoshinkan training does not include those practices that can be seen as religous in nature. The focus is on self defense and forging the mind body and spirit (but forging the spirit in a non-religous sense).

Anthony - just out of curiousity since it's not covered on the web site: How did the Yoshinkan group you train with get started? Are they still part of IYAF? How was the founder connected to Shioda Sensei back in the 50's? Thanks.

Jim Mc Coy
Old 03-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #32
Steven

Dojo: Aikido Yoshinkan Sacramento - Seikeikan Dojo
United_States

Quote:
Jim McCoy wrote: View Post
Anthony - just out of curiousity since it's not covered on the web site: How did the Yoshinkan group you train with get started? Are they still part of IYAF? How was the founder connected to Shioda Sensei back in the 50's? Thanks.
What website are you looking at? Anthony indicates who his teacher is and their website clearly indicates they are IYAF registered and has their complete history.

http://www.shudokanmalaysia.com/index_my.htm
Old 03-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #33
JAMJTX
Dojo: Aikibudo Seishinkan
United_States

Thanks. I missed that and looked at the anthonywong4ever site.

Jim Mc Coy
Old 03-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #34
KamiKaze_Evolution
Malaysia

Quote:
Jim McCoy wrote: View Post
My own experience with Yoshinkan has been primarily Police oriented. To my knowledge, Yoshinkan training does not include those practices that can be seen as religous in nature. The focus is on self defense and forging the mind body and spirit (but forging the spirit in a non-religous sense).

Thambyrajah Sensei went to Japan for further study, he learnt Judo under Mifune Kyuzo and Harayoshi Ichijima and Yoshinkan Aikido under the Soke. After he returned to Malaysia, he started Aikido Shudokan Dojo at Seremban. Thambyrajah has no longer to teach Judo because nikajo osae waza, i am not very sure regard further story.

Shudokan Institute of Aikido is independent organization, but Aikido Shudokan is still remains with IYAF. Very much peoples asked how come my sensei gets 3rd Dan in Yoshinkan from 2nd Dan in Shudokan, until now he doesn't answer it yet. Nevermind, Si Wilson gives us a good answer. Whatever, relationship between Aikido Shudokan KL and Shudokan Institute of Aikido Seremban are still close.

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showth...light=Shudokan

Thanks for your comment, but i know the truth already after return to beside Ramlan Ahmed Sensei at few years later left from his old dojo. As i trust him, a year already i stay at Shudokan from that moment.

http://www.aikidoshudokan.com

KamiKaze
Old 03-12-2007, 09:36 PM   #35
Bill Danosky

Dojo: BN Yoshinkan
United_States

It seemed like there was a disagreement over translation of "spirit" earlier, as in, "House of cultivating the ..."

I always assumed by "spirit" Kancho was referring to an uplifted level of effort and intensity. Like what they score you on for your 7th kyu test.

I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of belief in the metaphysical amongst the Yoshinkan Shihan I've studied under. Formality and traditional ceremony, yes. Religiously spiritual ceremony? I've never seen it.