Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 02-04-2014, 07:50 AM   #1
Lee Salzman
Finland internal power and aiki study group

I am seeking people in Finland (in the greater Helsinki area - I myself am in Hyvinkää) to start a study group for internal power and aiki. The mission of the group is to practice paired training for internal power and aiki, as real qualities conditioned into the mind/body, independent of any particular martial art or style or techniques. No experience is necessary; I can show basic solo work/body conditioning exercises that people can do at home for building internal power and aiki. Training times and locations would be wherever convenient for the people involved (i.e. Kisahalli or similar).

Standard disclaimer: I am still just a student of this, though I have been training this a few years now and have enough working knowledge to get others started. That said, I am interested in finding people who want to progress alongside me, as fellow students and peers.

Further disclaimer: This is not no-touch/empty-force stuff. This is practical work useful for informing how you do any martial art.

If you are interested, please email me at lsalzman@gmail.com with "aiki" included in the subject line to get past my spam filter.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain
Re: Finland internal power and aiki study group

Quote:
Lee Salzman wrote: View Post
Further disclaimer: This is not no-touch/empty-force stuff. This is practical work useful for informing how you do any martial art.
I can't help it.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:15 AM   #3
woudew
Dojo: Seikokan
Netherlands

I hope you get a nice group of people together soon.
(and maybe, who knows, even get Dan over)
Old 04-08-2014, 07:57 AM   #4
Lee Salzman

Just a bump... Alas, one more try.

I am still seeking people interested in getting their feet wet with this.

Dan's IP/aiki material is extremely interesting and fun subject matter to train with broad carry-over to a wide range of martial disciplines. So, I had hoped interest would have been at least larger than it has turned out to be so far. Finland may be small, but I know it has at least some people in it.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #5
Lee Salzman

One more try...

I am still seeking people interested in getting their feet wet with this.

Dan's IP/aiki material is extremely interesting and fun subject to train with broad carry-over to a wide range of martial disciplines. So, I had hoped interest would have been at least larger than it has turned out to be so far.

Finland may be small, but I know it has at least some martial artists hiding in it somewhere.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #6
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States

Quote:
Lee Salzman wrote: View Post

Finland may be small, but I know it has at least some martial artists hiding in it somewhere.
they are all over here, usa, in mid-west, mostly in Minnesota and Wisconsin. I am part Finn. my foster mom is 1/2 Finn and 1/2 Norwegian. my foster dad is German. That would make me 1/4 Finn by adoption. we try to hide over here from the hideous stuffs called lutefisk. you are welcome to come over and hide with us. and possibly do some aiki stuffs.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org
Old 04-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #7
Stephen Nichol
Dojo: Aikilife, Canberra
Australia

Lee, have you tried other forms of reaching out to people directly in your area? I mean, possibly posters you could print off and post up in areas where you feel they would get the correct exposure and so on.