Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Websites

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 12-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #26
ykrhanshi3

United_States
Re: Discovering Aikido -- Book Online

Excellent reading, informative and inspiring
Old 08-13-2015, 03:26 AM   #27
Rupert Atkinson

Dojo: Wherever I am.
United Kingdom

Well, I finally got around to updating my website. The publisher failed to return one set of pics so I scanned the missing ones from a copy of the book. Not brilliant, but it seems to work. It is not really a picture book though. I have also altered bits here and there and added some parts as the book was written over ten years ago and some of my ideas have changed a little. When I get more time I will write a lot more ...

I hope people like it :-)

Old 02-09-2016, 08:36 PM   #28
Rupert Atkinson

United Kingdom

I have spent the last year and a half in South Korea. Spent another year in Japan before that. I work at Yongin University which is famous for its martial arts programmes and have had the chance to meet all sorts of interesting people (main Karate guys in Korea / wrestlers / Hapkido / several teachers of Chinese arts from China / Aunkai / JKD / students / others). Some of my old Aikido students (from when I lived here before) have moved on tremendously and all offer good insight. Also spent a couple of weeks discussing stuff with a Jujutsu friend in NZ and so ... I have spent a bit of time updating stuff/ideas on my website. Nothing much - just bits here and there. Most people would not notice I guess. Sometimes I think I should delete stuff because I have moved on but I usually leave it as it might provide a way for others who are starting out. Anyway - Update 2016 done.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:37 AM   #29
Rupert Atkinson

United Kingdom

I have had a bit of time on my hands of late so have updated a few more areas on my book website. Again, nothing major ... just updating this and that and correcting the odd typo. I am back in NZ for now.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:32 PM   #30
iron horse
United Kingdom

Just visited my good friend Rupert again. Chatted about and exchanged lots of training ideas. Rupert is an endless source of info.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:53 AM   #31
Rupert Atkinson

United Kingdom

I just found a link to some old videos of me and a couple of friends from Korea - year 2000. I was looking for my old Jo-trick video but found this instead. A bit of Aikido, Jujutsu, Kyushin, and Takeda-ryu - pretty random. The vids are a bit short and jerky - they were made with the one of the first digital cameras - not a lot of memory so kept it short etc.

http://www.angelfire.com/film/aikido/index.html

Old 11-29-2017, 12:13 PM   #32
ninjedi

United_States

Have you considered converting this to ebook/kindle and making it available on Amazon (and other places)? This could be done very easily. I have worked in publishing many years and have experience with this. Contact me if interested.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:41 PM   #33
Rupert Atkinson

United Kingdom

Quote:
Josh Brown wrote: View Post
Have you considered converting this to ebook/kindle and making it available on Amazon (and other places)? This could be done very easily. I have worked in publishing many years and have experience with this. Contact me if interested.
I have thought about it - but just too busy with too many things going on.

PM sent :-)

Last edited by Rupert Atkinson : 11-29-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:46 PM   #34
Rupert Atkinson

United Kingdom

Links to more video of me 1993 or 94 -- converted to digital from video tape.

Facebook1: http://www.facebook.com/EmptyJacket/...5&notif_t=like

Facebook2: http://www.facebook.com/EmptyJacket/...5&notif_t=like

Old 01-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #35
Rupert Atkinson

United Kingdom

2018 - A bit of a disaster year for me.
2019 - I will add some updates to this online book and shall try to visit Japan again this year.

Looking and moving forward ...

Old 04-02-2020, 04:31 AM   #36
Rupert Atkinson

United Kingdom

April 2020. Most dojos around the world are closed at the moment. As for myself, I have various exercise/training routines that I do by myself. Try doing your Aikido by yourself - there is a lot that can be done - you might be pleasantly surprised. Other than that, why not try some light Aikido reading and try - Discovering Aikido from a more intellectual perspective?

Last edited by Rupert Atkinson : 04-02-2020 at 04:34 AM.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:08 PM   #37
Rupert Atkinson

United Kingdom

2020 is soon to end. Since CoronaV sent millions of people home earlier this year, my site visitor stats have doubled. So, over the last nine months my www.discovering-aikido.com site has equaled the number of views since I first established it in 2005. Looks like a lot of people had a lot of free time on their hands! It has now tailed off, so, hopefully, people around the world must be going back to work. Luckily, here in NZ, after an initial lockdown of a few weeks, we got back to normal pretty quickly. After a few months of weapons only, normal training resumed maybe three or more months ago. Over the last while I have been through my site content. I have corrected a few typos, and added bits here and there. Thanks to everyone who has been reading through it! Shall consider republishing it in paper copy at some point.