Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Internal Training in Aikido

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
akiy

New Forum "Internal Training in Aikido"

Dear AikiWeb Members,

As usual with the dawning of a new year, I feel a sense of renewal in many aspects of my life, including here on AikiWeb. Through the last 12+ years of AikiWeb, I've made many changes and additions to the site -- all done in the spirit of improving the website in one way or another. I like to hope that these changes have added up to creating a website that cultivates a community where all aikido practitioners, regardless of training level, location, background, affiliation, or interests feel welcome in coming together to share their thoughts, experiences, and opinions. This has been and still is my intention for the website and I hold it personally to be of the utmost importance.

Today, I am putting into place another addition to further this intention by creating a new "Internal Training in Aikido" forum:
http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81
The "Internal Training in Aikido" forum will be a place for people to talk about internal training practices in the art of aikido, in so far as this relates to their personal aikido training.

With the creation of this forum, I will be asking for your cooperation and will be enforcing a few rules concerning the new forum:

1. If you wish to discuss the subject of internal training, your posts must reside in the above Internal Training forum. This means that if you wish to add your thoughts from an internal training standpoint to an already existing thread, you need to start a new thread in the Internal Training forum. Otherwise, if I see posts outside of the Internal Training forum with overt references to internal training, I will either move them or simply delete them.

2. As before, if your discussion of internal training is based on another art (e.g. Daito-Ryu, Chinese martial arts) and your post does not explicitly discuss how you are exploring the use of said internal training within your current aikido training, you will need to use the "Non-Aikido Martial Traditions" forum.

I appreciate everyone's support and understanding regarding this new forum, and hope it will facilitate bringing focus to the discussions here on AikiWeb this year and the years ahead.

Thank you,

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!

Closed Thread