Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
JangChoe
United_States
Atlanta Mike Sigman Seminar

Mike Sigman will be in Atlanta, GA on Saturday and Sunday January 29-30, 2011, for a 2 day seminar.

The workshop will focus on the basics of internal strength with ideas and exercises on how to develop them.

DATE AND TIMES
January 29-30, 2011
10 AM - 5 PM Saturday
10 AM - 5 PM Sunday

Atlanta, GA 30318

FEES
$175.00

TO RESERVE
Email jangchoe(at)gmail.com with the Subject line: "Atlanta Mike Sigman Seminar". Also provide your first and last name. Payment details and the seminar venue's address will follow.

Space is limited. First come, First served.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
JangChoe
United_States
Re: Atlanta Mike Sigman Seminar

There are some spaces available. It's less than a month away. This is a good workshop to understand and develop the basics of internal strength that is used in many Asian martial arts.

If you want to know and feel what "jin" and "suit" is that is being talked about in these forums, it's an excellent workshop to attend. At the end of the seminar, you might even look at your Aikido training differently and gather new insights into your Aikido practice.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
Tin Tran
United_States

I thought this was the best seminar I've attended. I picked up some training tips that will increase my power output, and I got a clearer idea of what the "suit" is (and it is definitely not how some other people are using the term.)

Mike was in a generous mood this weekend and demonstrated quite a few power releases that shook the foundation of the building. I was at the other end of the building and could still feel the vibrations. I have not seen that at other peoples' seminar. To be fair, I asked Mike if I can replicate a hip push demo from a seminar I attended in Santa Ana. The result was conclusive for me- Mike took my balance and decisively bounced me backward. There was no resort to techniques like a leg sweep or discussion about my lower center of gravity (I'm short). This satisfied my curiosity about the lower center of gravity issue that various people have brought up as a natural advantage for short people.

I have to admit Mark Murray is right -- not everyone's "aiki" is the same.

Thanks,
Tin
Old 02-03-2011, 02:02 AM   #4
Lorel Latorilla
Japan

Quote:
Tin Tran wrote: View Post
The result was conclusive for me- Mike took my balance and decisively bounced me backward. There was no resort to techniques like a leg sweep or discussion about my lower center of gravity (I'm short).
LOL. Awesome.

Unless stated otherwise, all wisdom, follies, harshness, malice that may spring up from my writing are attributable only to me.