Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Announcements & Feedback

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
akiy

Seeking Feedback on Improving AikiWeb (Part 2)

Hi everyone,

(This is Part 2 of the Seeking Feedback on Improving AikiWeb survey.)

Thank you for all of your responses so far to my first inquiry into how you would improve the technical aspects of AikiWeb. I have done what I can to respond privately to each and every one of you who sent in your thoughts. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further thoughts for improving the technical side of AikiWeb.

I now want to ask you for your thoughts on two very related topics:
1. How would you improve upon the social dynamics here in the AikiWeb Forums?
I believe that the exchange of ideas is crucial to any community, and appreciate all of the great discussions that transpire here in the AikiWeb Forums. Along with all human interactions comes the social aspects of a community -- the disagreements, the conflicts, the creation of "cliques," and so forth. In what ways do you think the way in which we interact with each other can be improved upon?
2. How would you improve upon the moderation here in the AikiWeb Forums?
Hand in hand with this comes the manner in which moderation has taken place here on AikiWeb. There seems to be a fuzzy line between too little and too much moderation (or, to be dramatic about it, between the anarchistic and the draconian) as well as the manner in which said moderation is conducted. In what ways do you think moderation here on AikiWeb can be improved upon?

Once again, although I can't guarantee that I will be able to respond to each and every message sent, please know that I will read every single one of them. If you could let me know if it would be OK to share your thoughts with others (by reposting your thoughts, including your name), please let me know.

If you can send in your responses using this contact form, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

-- Jun

Last edited by akiy : 08-18-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!

Closed Thread