Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Spiritual

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-07-2000, 01:24 AM   #1
Uinsuton Oi
Dojo: Field Aikido Centre
I am surprised to not hear a discussion about the spiritual life of aikido. Aikido changed my whole life. Moreihei Ueshiba guides me along a complicated life. I might sound crazy but it's true. I ask questions to him and he answers them. Not verbally but answers them by putting events in my life. Do any of you feel that O Sensei is guiding you on a path?

==================================
The the circle of yin and yang is everything around us. Everything...
==================================
Old 09-07-2000, 02:35 AM   #2
Pete
"Pete"
IP Hash: 22791998
Dojo: Shinwakai Aikibudo
Anonymous User
I go once a week to a spiritualist church and sit in a meditation circle and my current guide (spirit) is a small Japanese man not unlike O'sensei in appearance, although I would not like to assume it is 'him'!! The feeling of peace and calm that this guide exudes to me is very warming and as I progress I may be able to 'speak' with him too.

In fact I have a circle tonight (Thursday) so I may attempt something new in the meditation like proper communication!!

As to whether I believe O'sensei is a par of my life, I think that he is watching over all of his disciples (if that is the right word!) as much as he can and guiding those who need it when they need it!!

Pete