Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-24-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
mikeym
United_States
Northern California Aunkai Seminar

*** Northern California Aunkai Seminar ***

* Dates: November 10 and 11th, a Saturday and Sunday

* Time: Right now, we're looking at 10 am to 4pm, with an hour break for lunch.

* Location: We will hold the seminar at Stanford in the wrestling room (it has mats). The wrestling room is located in the basement of the Arrillaga Family Sports Center on the Stanford campus. For those of you from out of town, Stanford is located within easy driving distance of three major airports: San Francisco, San Jose and Oakland. There are lots of good places to stay and eat in the neighboring city of Palo Alto, although you'll find cheaper places to stay a little bit down the Peninsula. Avoid booking anything in East Palo Alto-- it's a different city and kind of a rough neighborhood.

* Cost: 180 dollars for 2 days.

* Contact Information: Tim Fong is organizing the seminar, and can be reached at tyfong919 (at) gmail.com. I am coordinating the seminar with Stanford, and can be reached at mikeym (at) cs.stanford.edu.

------------------------------

The Aunkai's founder, Akuzawa Sensei, has developed a unique approach to training from his extensive background in Chinese and Japanese martial arts. Rather than focusing on specific techniques, he and his students work to develop the martial body itself, thus forming a core set of body skills that the practitioner can apply to whatever form of martial art they choose. This seminar is open to all interested students regardless of what art they currently study. For more information about Akuzawa Sensei and the Aunkai, please see their website at http://www.aunkai.net/eng. Additional information on the Aunkai is available on this thread on AikiWeb: http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12119. (Wording borrowed from the organizers of the Seattle Aunkai seminar.)

Please pass this seminar announcement on to anyone you think might be interested.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:57 AM   #2
HL1978
Dojo: Aunkai
United_States
Re: Northern California Aunkai Seminar

to whom do we send payment and are checks ok?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
Tim Fong

I would like to clarify that I am not the seminar organizer-- it is being sponsored by Stanford Aikido club. Please direct all inquiries to Mike Malkin. Thanks.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
ChrisMoses
Dojo: TNBBC (Icho Ryu Aiki Budo), Shinto Ryu IaiBattojutsu
United_States

Quote:
Tim Fong wrote: View Post
I would like to clarify that I am not the seminar organizer-- it is being sponsored by Stanford Aikido club. Please direct all inquiries to Mike Malkin. Thanks.
"Tag, yer it..."

Chris Moses
TNBBC, "Putting the ME in MEdiocre!"
Budo Tanren at Seattle School of Aikido
Shinto Ryu Iai-Battojutsu
Old 08-30-2007, 03:24 AM   #5
Peter Ralls
Dojo: Suganami Aikikai SF

I would be very interested in finding out more about this seminar, however, I notice that Mike Malkin doesn't have any contact information listed. I also know there are at least two different Stanford Aikido clubs. So I am at a loss at how to go about registering for this seminar, or acquiring more information regarding it. Perhaps someone can help me out?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:45 AM   #6
HL1978
United_States

Quote:
Peter Ralls wrote: View Post
I would be very interested in finding out more about this seminar, however, I notice that Mike Malkin doesn't have any contact information listed. I also know there are at least two different Stanford Aikido clubs. So I am at a loss at how to go about registering for this seminar, or acquiring more information regarding it. Perhaps someone can help me out?
email mikeym (at) cs.stanford.edu replace the (at) with @.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:01 AM   #7
Peter Ralls
Dojo: Suganami Aikikai SF

Thank you Hunter.