Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-17-2001, 11:17 AM   #1
taro
Looking for new dojo in Toronto

Hey there everyone. I'll be moving back to Toronto in September. I started aikido training here in Thunder Bay several months ago and I plan to continue when I move. A little overwhelmed by my choices though.

If anyone has any suggestions for me while I continue looking into all of the schools I'd appreciate it. If you're from the area, I'd love to hear about your dojo and any thoughts you may have.

My foremost concern is schedule (the more classes the better, I have to work my training into my work schedule).

Attending a school associated with the Aikikai has been on my mind. It seems to make things easier when and if I move again. But on the other hand, I'm open to other possibilities. There's at least one Yoshinkan dojo in T.O.(and I know little about Yoshinkan), and my sensei here in T.Bay mixed in other styles in his classes, and I really enjoyed that.

On a side note, I plan to study other martial arts in the future. I like the idea of the variety of style. Is/are there any reason(s) why I should NOT also start training in another style of martial art(i.e. Kung Fu, Karate etc.)? (I've studied karate to yellow belt in highschool and have reached yellow in aikido here)

thanks.
Old 08-19-2001, 07:21 PM   #2
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan
There is a serious concentration of top level Yoshinkan in the Toronto area. Kimeda, 8th Dan and some of his students.

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido