Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #26
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: What paths lead to internal power??

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
That's it Keith.......bingo....you have internal power!!

So the above was an example to illustrate that understanding the gastro/intestinal system must-of course- also be key to understanding the body and a path to understanding true power and internal strength.

Dan
Another HIPS (hidden in plain smell) axiom surfaces. So based on the odoriferous level of my powder room one Sunday morning after it was visited by a certain DH after training, I can truly attest to his HIGH level of internal strength

Greg

Old 08-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #27
Budd

Dojo: Taikyoku Budo & Kiko - NY, PA, MD
United_States

Oh Greg, you went there . . *smacks self in head*

Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #28
gregstec
United_States

Quote:
Budd Yuhasz wrote: View Post
Oh Greg, you went there . . *smacks self in head*
Could not resist since he nicley set himself up for it don't worry, I will pay for it the next time we hook up

Old 08-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #29
Budd

United_States

Quote:
Greg Steckel wrote: View Post
Could not resist since he nicley set himself up for it don't worry, I will pay for it the next time we hook up
Hmm, not sure whether that makes you or Dan the stinker (yeah, yeah, pot, kettle, etc.)

Old 08-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #30
Thomas Campbell

Quote:
Patrick Hutchinson wrote: View Post
Actually Reeling Silk is a mistranslation: it should be Stealing Rilke, as everything you need to know about internal strength can be found in the Duino Elegies . . .
Yes, but throwing the arms out only relates to kai/he (open/close). Rilke obviously knew nothing about spirals.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #31
Budd

United_States

I realized that I may have been applying standards that were too . . credible . . it is time I loosened up on my definition of Internal Strength/Power/Love/Huggery since really they should all be one and the same and given equal weight in sameness of consideration and scope and thought and hugs.

Having spoken with some of my cubicle kami, furthermore I have decided that actively pursuing internal power according to the standards laid out via demonstration and vetting should be constrained more to simply letting the thoughts that grace my brain as I type this flow right to my fingertips without any need of filter or consideration or logic or research.

I have researched this topic furthermore by looking at menus written with Chinese characters and it is clear that the type of food we eat helps to cultivate true internal *infinite* (because it is all infinite in nature by nature in scope of understanding and by cultivation I mean letting it build up like gas in our stomachs). Let us not be limited in our approach by dictating that terms be understood and methods explained or demonstrated. Instead we should all work for harmony by sharing unconditional internet hugs and accolades for the effort it takes in typing out these thoughts on these topics.

In closing, I hope this helps the initial poster in finding their own path for internal infinite. Because we all by now should agree that as long as we believe what we are doing is truly infinitely internal, that will by nature give us the strength to see the internal for what it truly is, the mirror image of the external, only turned individually inward upon us all at once at the same time.

In additional closing if you the original poster insists on training in internal strength via the cruder space of physical training in person with other people, a potential option could be to visit with someone else with similar crude proclivities of pursuit and activity. At that time there may be a sharing of activity pursuit of proclivation. And that may be a good thing for us all at once at the same time.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #32
Thomas Campbell

Quote:
I Instead we should all work for harmony by sharing unconditional internet hugs and accolades for the effort it takes in typing out these thoughts on these topics.
That would be the aiki thing to do.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #33
Keith Larman
Dojo: AIA, Los Angeles, CA
United_States

Quote:
Ricky Wood wrote: View Post
Hey Keith,
Did you ever make it to Bosco Baek's classes? I'm gonna get my motorcycle license soon so I can afford the trip to LA and start classes I think.
No, I was told he had stopped taking on new students or something along those lines. Add into the equation that I've been too busy and been dealing with some recurring physical problems. So I've been spending more time with my Physical therapist than training lately. Can't work and earn money if my body is beat up. So the priority for now has been getting healthy again. Once I can get and stay relatively healthy and they figure out what's going on with my back I'll try to start getting out a bit more again. But it has been a sort of hit and miss thing for me the last few years. Lots of injuries combined with a hard to treat myopathy has made for a somewhat difficult training regimen.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #34
gregstec
United_States

Quote:
I realized that I may have been applying standards that were too . . credible . . it is time I loosened up on my definition of Internal Strength/Power/Love/Huggery since really they should all be one and the same and given equal weight in sameness of consideration and scope and thought and hugs.

Having spoken with some of my cubicle kami, furthermore I have decided that actively pursuing internal power according to the standards laid out via demonstration and vetting should be constrained more to simply letting the thoughts that grace my brain as I type this flow right to my fingertips without any need of filter or consideration or logic or research.

I have researched this topic furthermore by looking at menus written with Chinese characters and it is clear that the type of food we eat helps to cultivate true internal *infinite* (because it is all infinite in nature by nature in scope of understanding and by cultivation I mean letting it build up like gas in our stomachs). Let us not be limited in our approach by dictating that terms be understood and methods explained or demonstrated. Instead we should all work for harmony by sharing unconditional internet hugs and accolades for the effort it takes in typing out these thoughts on these topics.

In closing, I hope this helps the initial poster in finding their own path for internal infinite. Because we all by now should agree that as long as we believe what we are doing is truly infinitely internal, that will by nature give us the strength to see the internal for what it truly is, the mirror image of the external, only turned individually inward upon us all at once at the same time.

In additional closing if you the original poster insists on training in internal strength via the cruder space of physical training in person with other people, a potential option could be to visit with someone else with similar crude proclivities of pursuit and activity. At that time there may be a sharing of activity pursuit of proclivation. And that may be a good thing for us all at once at the same time.
Looks like you joined the same cult as Buck - so, which comet are you guys planning on hitching a ride with when it orbits into proximity ?

Greg

Old 08-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #35
Janet Rosen

Quote:
Actually Reeling Silk is a mistranslation: it should be Stealing Rilke, as everything you need to know about internal strength can be found in the Duino Elegies (at least, according to my friend Hans, who knows some people, can use a keyboard, and has read some books):
You nearly cost me a new keyboard (sopping up the ice tea)

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield

Old 08-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #36
gdandscompserv

United_States

Quote:
Keith Larman wrote: View Post
No, I was told he had stopped taking on new students or something along those lines.
NOoo, tell me it aint so! Who told you that he wasn't taking new students?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #37
mickeygelum

Dojo: Warren Budokan, Ohio USA
United_States

Quote:
Chi is the gas created by the food we eat
Internal power is the control of orifices as it comes out of our bodies.
Fajing is how far it can project and clear a room.
Just to clarify, this is according to my readings and discussions with those in CMA I know.

Maybe I need to make new friends.
Oh no, Dan...you are right at home...

If you happen to pass, Mark, no pun intended, tell him we missed him at our visit to Clarksburg.

Mickey

Old 08-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #38
Budd

United_States

Quote:
Looks like you joined the same cult as Buck - so, which comet are you guys planning on hitching a ride with when it orbits into proximity ?

Greg
Because it is aiki and internal infinite we will all befefit from the external pull of every comet upon our internal dynamic sphere all at once individually at the same time.

<aside>
I am really seeing the benefit of writing this way, it's a whole lot less mentally taxing and doesn't require any true thinking - especially useful while multitasking at work.
</aside>

Old 08-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #39
DH
United_States

Quote:
Michael Gelum wrote: View Post
If you happen to pass, Mark, no pun intended, tell him we missed him at our visit to Clarksburg.
Mickey
The question is....where you missed by him.

Hey did you hear about the general who criticized Obama? He got canned. Thankfully we don't fall under those same narrow guidelines eh? As I am sure you would agree!
Personally, I am finding it a wonderful change in the budo world to see modern practitioners allowed to go out an experience other peoples skills and encounter things that are just simply quite beyond what they previously knew even existed.
The good new is that after all our fears, most of the good Martial Arts teachers have actually been secure enough to have considered it a good thing, Some of the Shihan have even followed their own students into better martial understanding. Of course you are always going to have those poor insecure souls who think they are all that and will begrudge people their own education that doesn't originate with them or their system. Thankfully it appears that type of insecurity is rare. Everyone else walking into a new day of understanding that everyone who experiences it consideres to be of a superior level.
The modern era of communication, though challenging to some, might actually be a good thing after all. It has led people down paths of real power.

As for the Chi and gas comment ....that was a parody, and a joke about beliefs and misunderstanding and sources, in more ways then one. Perhaps you didn't follow.
Dan.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #40
gregstec
United_States

Quote:

<aside>
I am really seeing the benefit of writing this way, it's a whole lot less mentally taxing and doesn't require any true thinking - especially useful while multitasking at work.
</aside>
You would make a good government worker

Old 08-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #41
Budd

United_States

Quote:
You would make a good government worker
Been there, done that, as you know.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #42
DH
United_States

Quote:
Dude! It does help doesn't it?
I myself am pleased to see that discussing a directed singular force at
y 2 = 2 px or x 2 = 2 py or more so, a hyperbolic parabola; creates an angle of deflection that is not equal to the angle of incidence. Bteer still, if the parrabelum has fluid properties and enough cohesive surface tension to dissipate that force in redirecting. A structure with tensegrity to support all sides in the same manner can go off the charts!.
This is how people should learn the arts. It’s why the older methods were so ineffective at instructing the real masters of old. People who think and train this way today are sooo much better...right?
It's the real path to internal power.

Last edited by DH : 08-05-2010 at 08:27 AM.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:44 AM   #43
Budd

United_States

Quote:
Dude! It does help doesn't it?
I myself am pleased to see that discussing a directed singular force at
y 2 = 2 px or x 2 = 2 py or more so a hyperbolic parabola; creates an angle of deflection that is not equal to the angle of incidence. More so, if the parrabelum has fluid properties and enough cohesive tensegrity to dissipate that force in redirecting. This is how people learn the arts. It's why the older methods were so ineffective at instructing the real masters of old. Today we are sooo much better...right?
It's the real path to internal power.
Wait, wait, I'm talking solely about how the interrelated actualities of the sum of our individualities in the natural world inherently lead to internal strength!!

What you seem to be proposing is more along the lines of a Johnny Quick formula for superpowers . . which if true means I will need to switch my mental paradigm (AGAIN!) to accommodate the scientific nature of appropriated formulaic functions and terms to fit the end result of why my momemtum-consumption based shear proportions confer a knowledge of internal strength via language manipulation on the order of terminology overload.

Furthermore, this formulaic approach has some merits in that, much like the hand-holding-holistic-IS-in-nature approach, it allows me the ability to "belong" to the internal strength discussion, but insulates me from being on the hook to actually show someone that I can do what I say.

AND THAT'S NOT ALL ..

In all of these cases, I can appeal to an authority greater than myself . . Look!! Internal Power is in NATURE!!! No, YOU look, Internal Power is in the case studies of human anatomy, SEE??? No, No, No, You fools!! Internal Power is best described by adding scientific layers of descriptors so that it can be completely wrapped and encompassed with pneumatics.

Upon reconsideration, and after thoroughly reviewing your algorithm for a full two minutes I think it serves as an excellent introduction to internal strength, taking it a step further, perhaps talking about how manipulating the angle of incidence via gyrations such that the angle of transference results in everything from nullification in space, to a broad dissipation over multiple surfaces versus a single surface and then borrowing the force to amplify via returning it. Then the metacarpal connective shear to center mass can result in a controlling CPU governor that elicits a continuous stream of system overriding inputs and outputs.

By Jove, I think we're cracking this nut!!

(or at least something's cracked . .)

Old 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #44
Patrick Hutchinson

Personally, I'd split his nose open wiv a boathook.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #45
DH
United_States

Quote:
Furthermore, this formulaic approach has some merits in that, much like the hand-holding-holistic-IS-in-nature approach, it allows me the ability to "belong" to the internal strength discussion, but insulates me from being on the hook to actually show someone that I can do what I say.
Wait! Are you suggesting that you should actually be able to ask someone who continues to butt in on IP/aiki threads to demonstate what they are talking about and be held to the same standards others were and it not be considered a personal attack??????
Are you sure about that? I have seen people ask in the most polite and straight forward manner and it was not well received by the ones being questioned. In fact I have seen it result in personal attacks on the questioners themselves, including public discussion of their wives and family members..
Were you correct, your idea would be ourageous!
Think of how:
fair
even-handed
open-minded
honest
and straightforward that would be; just to ask for them to show, then go to dinner and talk?
We might end up with people involving themselves in IP/ aiki discussions who actually had input that had meaning. and....and...
OMG!! We might even end with more people becoming life long friends!! You know, like you see in Budo!
Budd.... you're having me on aren't you?
Dan

Last edited by DH : 08-05-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #46
Budd

United_States

Quote:
Personally, I'd split his nose open wiv a boathook.
That path to internal power smells fishy . .

Old 08-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #47
DH
United_States

Quote:
That path to internal power smells fishy . .
All beings have natural internal power.....and orifices too. The question remains; do cows have more internal power than carnivores? And who affects the other beings in a greater manner. The internal power of trees enervates the planet and all the other shining beings in ways others do not!
I'm overcome I have to hug my willow.
Dan

Old 08-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #48
Cady Goldfield
United_States

You guys are killin' me. Not-So-Silent-But-Deadly.
I'll have to stay tuned to this thread for the next episode of "The Orifice!"

Old 08-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #49
Budd

United_States

Quote:
All beings have natural internal power.....and orifices too. The question remains; do cows have more internal power than carnivores? And who affects the other beings in a greater manner. The internal power of trees enervates the planet and all the other shining beings in ways others do not!
I'm overcome I have to hug my willow.
Dan
In this model all become one individually at the same time through mutual consumption, absorption and emmission through alpha and omega orifices . . which as everyone will tell you, are the natural nexuses for internal power (infinite) . .

Old 08-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #50
Budd

United_States

Quote:
Cady Goldfield wrote: View Post
You guys are killin' me. Not-So-Silent-But-Deadly.
I'll have to stay tuned to this thread for the next episode of "The Orifice!"
*sez in best Steve Carell-as-Michael-Scott voice*

"That's what she emitted . ."

Closed Thread