Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > AikiWeb System

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
AikiWeb System
Kickstarter Project: Aikido Archive Preservation

Posted 2012-03-26 19:02:35 by Jun Akiyama
News URL: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e-preservation

Here's a Kickstarter.com project called Aikido Archive Preservation that is seeking to preserve a collection of rare aikido photographs.

From the project: "Aikido instructor Linda Holiday (long-time student of Motomichi Anno Sensei, Chief Instructor of the Kumano Juku Dojo in Shingu) has been granted access to this archive and will be leading a pilgrimage to the Kumano area in April of this year. With your generous donation, I will be able to accompany her and spend 2 weeks cataloging, scanning and protecting these images. After returning, I will spend the following months restoring these historic images and working to ensure their availability for generations to come."

Old 03-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
bwsaunders
Dojo: Northcoast Aikido
United_States
Re: Kickstarter Project: Aikido Archive Preservation

Thank you so much for sharing our project, and to all of you who have already pledged your support. To answer a question people have already been asking, a selection of the images will be published in Linda Holiday Sensei's soon to be published book, The Floating Bridge of Heaven. After that, the images will be posted in a gallery as part of the Aikido of Santa Cruz website.

Thanks again for helping make this special trip a reality!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
Tom Verhoeven
Dojo: Aikido Auvergne Kumano dojo
France

Quote:
Beau Saunders wrote: View Post
Thank you so much for sharing our project, and to all of you who have already pledged your support. To answer a question people have already been asking, a selection of the images will be published in Linda Holiday Sensei's soon to be published book, The Floating Bridge of Heaven. After that, the images will be posted in a gallery as part of the Aikido of Santa Cruz website.

Thanks again for helping make this special trip a reality!
This is an excellent initiative. I hope a lot of people will support this project! And I am looking forward to seeing these historic images! I have mentioned the Aikido Archive Preservation Project also on my weblog: http://aikido-auvergne-kumano.blogspot.fr/
Tom
Old 03-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
bwsaunders
Dojo: Northcoast Aikido
United_States

Hi everyone, please note this correction. Linda Holiday Sensei asked me to clarify the information in my post:

"The goal of our project is to restore and preserve these historical Aikido photos for posterity. In addition to publishing a selection of the images in Linda Holiday's forthcoming book The Floating Bridge of Heaven, other ways of making the photographs widely accessible will be pursued with the kind permission of Anno Sensei, who is Linda Sensei's teacher and chief instructor of the Kumano Juku Dojo."

Thanks again to everyone who is supporting this project!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
akiy

Congratulations to Beau for having his Kickstarter project to preserve aikido photographs in Kumano, Japan funded!

There's still about a couple more days, though, if anyone wishes to help him with his project:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e-preservation

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!