Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard

August 31st - September 3rd 2012
Aikido Eastside in Bellevue, WA

4 full days, 7 hrs of training each day
limit if 16 attendees

This four day Intensive will focus on developing an advanced understanding of multiple attacker principles and strategies as well as providing a deeper exposure to the principles underlying weapons work in Aikido. An emphasis will be placed on applying "aiki" principles in both empty hand and weapons work striving towards unification of both skill sets.

At Aikido Eastside we have been developing this event for almost 25 years. We believe it is unique in its focus and content. Whether a student is attending his first Intensive or has attended many times in the past, it is our experience that he or she will make a substantive jump in level over this weekend. A testament to this fact is that the vast majority of students have come back repeatedly to participate again and again. Students routinely travel from all over the US and Canada for this training and several have even come from overseas.

This training places equal emphasis on the technical and psychological aspects of Aikido and we feel that it is a paradigm shifting experience for the attendees, especially for those who have not attended before. We feel so strongly about this that we will refund the cost of the seminar for anyone who does not feel that this is one of the finest raining experiences they have ever had.

On-line Info and Registration

Randori and Weapons Intensives on Facebook

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 03-30-2012, 05:02 AM   #2
Garth
United_States
Re: 4-Day Randori & Weapons Intensive w/ George Ledyard

Any of these planned for the East Coast anytime soon?
Thanks
Greg

A day will dawn when you will yourself laugh at your effort. That which is on the day of laughter is also now.
Ramana Maharishi
Old 03-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
George S. Ledyard

Quote:
Gregory Gargiso wrote: View Post
Any of these planned for the East Coast anytime soon?
Thanks
Greg
No, none on the East Coast. I am doing a four day sword intensive in Tallahassee but no randori intensives. I have done them in NY, Baltimore, N Carolina, and Tallahassee... If someone wants to host one they can always contact me but I have some other things I am working on right now.

Frankly, Seattle is quite easy to get to. With warning we can usually get folks to and from the airport and find a place to stay. I wouldn't stay away just because it's the West Coast. I can make it cheaper for someone at my own dojo than I can on the road.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 04-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
George S. Ledyard

Quote:
George S. Ledyard wrote: View Post
No, none on the East Coast. I am doing a four day sword intensive in Tallahassee but no randori intensives. I have done them in NY, Baltimore, N Carolina, and Tallahassee... If someone wants to host one they can always contact me but I have some other things I am working on right now.

Frankly, Seattle is quite easy to get to. With warning we can usually get folks to and from the airport and find a place to stay. I wouldn't stay away just because it's the West Coast. I can make it cheaper for someone at my own dojo than I can on the road.
We're getting a number of out of town registrations fro the Labor Day Weekend Randori and Weapons Intensive. This event is open to folks from all styles and affiliations. Most of the weapons work we do is principle oriented and not really style specific. We'll cover empty hand randori with just grabbing attacks, empty hand randori with striking attacks included, randori against attackers with knives, and three person shinai randori.

This is a great event for anyone getting ready for Dan Testing. A number of dojos have started sending their candidates to attend one of these intensives before they test. So far, everyone who has attended has nailed the randori on their tests so I think the process is working...

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 06-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
George S. Ledyard

Quote:
We're getting a number of out of town registrations fro the Labor Day Weekend Randori and Weapons Intensive. This event is open to folks from all styles and affiliations. Most of the weapons work we do is principle oriented and not really style specific. We'll cover empty hand randori with just grabbing attacks, empty hand randori with striking attacks included, randori against attackers with knives, and three person shinai randori.

This is a great event for anyone getting ready for Dan Testing. A number of dojos have started sending their candidates to attend one of these intensives before they test. So far, everyone who has attended has nailed the randori on their tests so I think the process is working...

There are only 2 spots left for the randori and weapons intensive at Aikido Eastside in Bellevue, WA

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 06-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
George S. Ledyard

Quote:
There are only 2 spots left for the randori and weapons intensive at Aikido Eastside in Bellevue, WA
The seminar is full. The next Randori and Weapons Intensive will be in 2013, date to be announced.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 06-10-2012, 03:47 AM   #7
niall
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Japan

Quote:
...for anyone who does not feel that this is one of the finest raining experiences they have ever had.
This sounds like a cool seminar but I have to say it reinforces my image of the weather in the Pacific Northwest.

we can make our minds so like still water, and so live for a moment with a clearer, perhaps even with a fiercer life
w b yeats

aikiweb blog|wordpress blog
Old 06-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
aikishihan
Dojo: aikido academy/alhambra,california
United_States

I am sure that George will play "Stormy Weather" for your turn at randori, Niall!

Laissez les bon temps, and lucky ukes, roulez!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #9
niall
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Japan

Sorry if I gave the impression that I would be attending. I'll be teaching a seminar in the UK in August.

After George's comment I read the original post and I just thought that the innocent typo might apply to Seattle weather... The concept of the seminar itself sounds excellent and I'm sure it will help anyone preparing for a test especially.

I like your idea Francis - we could have our own theme music like boxers. How about Sinfonia da Paz by Cláudio Santoro - Symphony of Peace? Or The Bridge by Elton John?

Niall

we can make our minds so like still water, and so live for a moment with a clearer, perhaps even with a fiercer life
w b yeats

aikiweb blog|wordpress blog
Old 06-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #10
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States

i liked O Fortuna better. it has good beats and rhythm to throw people. then in the middle of the randori, you could kick someone in the chest and scream "THIS IS SPARTA!"

kidding aside, you won't find better instructions on the subjects. highly recommend it. did i mention highly recommend it?

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org
Old 06-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #11
aikishihan
Dojo: aikido academy/alhambra,california
United_States

Really Phi, are you saying that you recommend this course on the subjects? Really?

I do too. A don't miss seminar for all who are able to attend!

Ledyard Sensei puts out 119.8% each and every time he teaches and trains!