Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-25-2002, 03:26 PM   #51
njnoexit
Women are kind gentle people. And I love women. I like being a man but I really do love women. There bodys are very butifull and fun to study. *suddenly notices how it is like bird watching except the birds im watching dont run away* I also think women are very important to mankind as well. Without them mankind would not exist(same if men did not exist but I dont know what I am talking about so dont listen to me) I am not even Suprised that there are women out there who love women. The only really sad thing about women is that the really smart ones who have real ideas and opinions have some phisical problem overwhieght or ugly(like the bald egal its a ugly sucker but it is very swift and powerfull). and women who are dumb are really pritty. not all the time just some of the time. I find that this is very true. I will continue my look for a butifull women who has a butifull mind. very rare, alot like them exotic birds everyone looks for when bird watching... now what this has to do with aikido. I have no clue! I just though that this post would be a good place to voice my opinion. if I happen to offend any women here I am sorry. and I love you.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:26 PM   #52
Chocolateuke
Dojo: Muhu Dojo
Location: Middle of nowhere in California 14 miles from Buellton
Quote:
Originally posted by njnoexit
(like the bald egal its a ugly sucker but it is very swift and powerfull)
Bald Eagle is not ugly and yes i have seen them in the wild, and yes I am positive that is what I saw, and yes girls rule!!

Dallas Adolphsen
Old 04-25-2002, 10:42 PM   #53
Bruce Baker
Dojo: LBI Aikikai/LBI ,NJ
size and training ...

Sometimes the easiest way to gain control of a variable situation is to change the conditions.

Some people are good standing.

Some can do suri waza, knee walking to change the conditions of large person falling like tree, to tree on the ground who has control of the situation?

Sometimes the "Glove up" approach is the very losing thought deeded to Aikido as "...when you have committed to attacking you have already lost?" Or have we forgotten no matter how good your prowess and technique is, without a clear mind you will lose?

The final winning moment to overbearing force will be a sniper's bullet from society's protector's ... but that is for those who are not willing to concede to peaceful protection verses the thoughts of might makes right? The overbearing posturing of larger bodies always winning over smaller bodies because of physicality just won't be tolerated for any length of time in modern society, so put that one to bed cross training tough guys.

In the end, it really doesn't matter what I say, because you will do what is necessary to secure your safety and peace of mind, but hopefully within the tenents of Aikido and Society?

So, with clarity of practice, verses actual situations of fighting, Small people fighting larger people, or women fighting men, are not gonna be the nice playtime like we train in the dojo. When it comes to physicality, it will become a game of who can injure who first with the least amount of damage, that is a fact of street fighting/protection to yourself.

If we advance our brutality to gentleness of knowledge, maybe what we learn in Aikido will help us to do it without malice, or intent of terminal injurys?

As far as any particular type of training or size protecting you, I think a prayer to your religious deity and whole lot of luck is what you are gonna need when the fighting starts with the guns and knives?

Sorry, but the awareness factor usually means being invisable too.

Not something we teach in Aikido, but maybe we should?

I kind of like the approach of most sensei's take at seminars ... tell the practitioners a tip twice, then see who has been watching and listening?

Besides ....

The person who live the longest, best life wins all arguements in the end.
Old 04-26-2002, 07:40 PM   #54
Deb Fisher
In response to Adrian's post, I wanted to make sure everybody knows that I am only 4 feet tall, that I was born with one eye and a harelip, and that I am also immensely obese.

Seriously, what do you think women are, creatures that you study in a zoo? I am deeply offended by your rhetoric, no matter how many times you say the word love.

Keeping the world safe for free-range women everywhere...?
Deb

Deb Fisher
Old 04-26-2002, 07:40 PM   #55
Deb Fisher
In response to Adrian's post, I wanted to make sure everybody knows that I am only 4 feet tall, that I was born with one eye and a harelip, that my hair is falling out in patches... probably part of my dermatological problem... and well, I admit I'm just downright obese.

Seriously, what do you think women are, creatures that you study in a zoo? I am deeply offended by your rhetoric, no matter how many times you say the word love.

Keeping the world safe for free-range women everywhere...?
Deb

Deb Fisher
Old 04-26-2002, 10:09 PM   #56
njnoexit
Quote:
if I happen to offend any women here I am sorry. and I love you.
and deb I am sorry or you unfortunate happenings. You had no choice how you were born. and I did not try and hurt you at all or single you out. I ment by ugly people are the people who can make them selves pritty but they just neglect to do it because they dont want to. they are the people who are very kind and intellegent. but the people who think that its all about how they look tend to be more ugly personality wize. now if some one is perfectly capable of being pritty then they should. but I place personality way before looks. and for animals I was not calling women birds. I was simply compairing how watching for a exotic bird, if it exists, is like watching for an exotic women, if she exists. and men are also compaired to animals alot, as well. I dont argue, I dont care. I keep my mouth shut. and deb I love you very much and I am sorry you have to have such disabilities. but dont let that put you down. You can consider it a gift. a gift that singles out the nice people from the crule. but dont get mad at me for having the same phiscal feelings twards women as like anyother man in existance! I am a teenager fresh out of puberty who has raging hormones and I cant do anything about it! and if I happend to offend you in any way I am sorry. And I love you. I love everyone. and I am sorry for hurting you. All I want you to be is happy. so act happy and dont let a silly little post put you down. Because if you do then your in for a big suprise because life is harder then it seams. Just smile and enjoy every moment of your life.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:38 PM   #57
njnoexit
I dont think I was clear on the Over wieght part of women. If you are Perfeclty capable of not being overwieght or not being hidious then thats your fault if you are. and everyhing that is wrong in your life happened because you choose to live that way. Now if you have no choice and you were born that way, or you got sick then it does not matter and all depends on your personality.
I make a post Idolizing women and I get crittics, telling me that I am wrong and I demoted women making them less of what they are. so wrong so wrong. I would choose a women over a man any day. Fat, short, tripple limbed, blind and mute. it does not matter.

As for men, we are called animals more then animals are called animals. we Are more wildly critisized for being bald fat or ugly then any other minority group in existance.

as for death we all die. we are born to some day die. from the moment we are born we start to die so dont complaine just live and be happy.

I guess you just cant please everyone. thats enevitable.

I dont want to argue, dont want to fight. i just want every one to be happy. so Deb please just drop it. no one wants to hear it.

love,
Adrian
Old 04-27-2002, 01:39 AM   #58
Hanna B
Sweden
How to ruin a woman & aikido thread...

Howcome every time people discuss women in aikido, somebody starts ranting about physical appearences

If you do want to discuss your feelings about women's number of brain cells in relation to their looks, I believe this would fit better in the chit-chat division.

Quote:
I make a post Idolizing women and I get crittics
'Idol' means picture. Some of us prefer to consider ourselves people.

Regards,
Hanna
Old 04-27-2002, 08:50 AM   #59
Brian H
Dojo: Aikido of Northern Virginia
Yes, Virginia there are Bad Girls

OK, yes it is vey nice to have girls/women in your dojo. They tend to be smaller and cannot rely on size/strength to win the day, so they develope good technique quickly.

Also when you muscle your way through technique, a uke half your size can fly pretty far and if they happen to be female they give you a look that makes you feel like a naughty five year old (age/parent status does not matter, women seem to be born with this power).

But, some of the above post are a bit touchy feely about the universal wholesome qualities of the female half of the species. In college one of my professors advised our class on terrorism, "If you are ever taken hostage by a group that includes women, start looking for away to escape or fight back." She went on to sight numerous examples of "mixed" groups where the women were the ringleaders/initiators in harming/killing their victims. A number of fact based movies were made about various inidents in the 60s,70s and 80s (SLA, '72 Olympic Massacre, Entebbe, etc.)