Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #1
GeneC
United_States
Newby

Hello, I'm GeneC. 49yrs old, living/working in LasVegas and just starting my journey in Aikido. I've been studying martial arts for most of my life, including boxing, Shotokan karate( while stationed at Iwakuni, Japan), Jeet Kune Do, Tae Kwon Do and MMA-Muay Tai kickboxing and Brazilian Jujitsu, just 5 yrs ago. A torn ACL ended that run. Now, at this point in my life (2 wks ago I was in the hospital with a mild heart attack. No damage to heart or arteries, just high BP, cholesterol, stress, anxiety, etc. I'm on meds now and feel better than I have in years), I feel the need to find my Chi and unify my body,mind and spirit. I'm practicing Tai Chi and Aikido. I have learned much since I've been here and hope to be here a good long time, God willing.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
akiy

Re: Newby

Hi Clarence,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
Harm-ony
Dojo: Unisba Aikido Club
Indonesia

Hi GeneC, welcome....
I hope you are always healthy...
and find your chi /Ki ...
I think the most important is that you must realize your 'existence' in this world, the consciousness of existence...
And to your ''illness' i suggest try to 'Forgive' everything happened to you including the problems with your 'Family'...
And 'thanks' to God behavour...
I hope it useful...
Peace and Love,

sceptic aikido bandung indonesia

Old 11-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
Voitokas

United_States

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your health - sometimes it's good to get a wake-up call, right? Although that sounds like kind of a scary one! Take it light and pay attention to your body... I hope the next few years bring you some calm and happiness.

See you on the mat,
voitokas

I am not an expert
Old 12-19-2008, 06:49 PM   #5
RonRagusa
Dojo: Berkshire Hills Aikido
United_States

Quote:
Clarence Couch wrote: View Post
...I feel the need to find my Chi and unify my body,mind and spirit.
Welcome Clarence -

Would you prefer being referred to as Gene, Clarence or GeneC?

I understand from your post that you have been involved in martial arts for a very long time but your exposure to Aikido is very recent. Because you come from a long time martial arts background, you will probably initially see Aikido in light of previous experience. As you continue your study you may find that Aikido offers you a rich variety of ways to develop both your martial abilities and the integration of your mind, body and spirit that are quite independent of what you have learned previously.

What form your Aikido takes depends largely on what you create of your experiences as you study and practice. If your road unfolds in any way like mine has you will find that your emphasis will change as you grow into Aikido as a way of life.

I wish you well on your journey and welcome to AikiWeb.

Ron

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!