Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Weapons

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-09-2000, 11:56 PM   #1
will
Dojo: Kokura Dojo (Jiyushinkai)
It's time for me to make a new bag for my weapons.

So what do you really like about your bag? Or what do you really not like? Or what would be way cool?

-- will schutt
Old 06-10-2000, 12:43 AM   #2
tarik

Dojo: Iwae Dojo
United_States
My weapons bag is a custom bujin that someone didn't want, so I got it as an extra.

It's padded, has three compartments as well as an external 'tanto' pocket. I like the three compartments because I can easily carry four or five peoples weapons for long plane trips.

My favorite feature... that's it's long enough to hold my nearly 6' bo staff.

Tarik
Old 06-10-2000, 01:10 AM   #3
SimonW11
Dojo: Bristol University Dojo
Iknow someone who uses a soft guitar case. He keeps his gi in the bottom part.

Simon
Old 06-11-2000, 03:19 PM   #4
akiy

I also have a Bu Jin Design weapons bag (type C, if I remember correctly) and am very happy with it. I still have a hand-made one that my friend made for me which I keep around since it can hold a whole bunch of weapons.

Nice features include the outside tanto pocket, two separate compartments inside the main weapons section, and the padded pads on the shoulder strap.

Are there other manufacturers out there that sell weapons bags?

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 06-11-2000, 04:36 PM   #5
Chuck Clark

Dojo: Jiyushinkan
United_States
Lots of Shinto Muso-ryu jo students have been looking for a bag which "fits" the SMR weapons. I had a custom bag made for me by the folks at Bujin and I really like it. Several others have had the same bag made now.

My bag is: a standard Bujin katana bag that is 3 inches wider, the handle and shoulder strap moved up for balance, a large outside pocket, and the strap with the buckle (for securing the top when folded over) left off and a tab with a D ring for locking the zipper. I have packed: one bokuto, one shoto, two jo, uwagi, hakama, and change of clothes plus minimum toilet gear in this bag!!! Plus it fits in the overhead on the plane.

Chuck Clark
Jiyushinkai Aikibudo
www.jiyushinkai.org
Old 06-21-2000, 01:43 PM   #6
BC
Talking

I also have a Bujin bag and am very pleased with it. One thing it's missing which I would like would be a special compartment for me to store my big ole can of whoopass until I whip it out!!! Sorry... I couldn't resist. Heh heh...
Old 06-21-2000, 04:35 PM   #7
Chuck Clark

Dojo: Jiyushinkan
United_States
Wink

Hope you don't need that can when your Bujin bag's in the luggage hold of that 737 (or anywhere else...) when you need it!

I carry mine around with me all of the time. Thankfully, it's not near as heavy as it was when I was a lot younger. I believe that period was described when I was in the Corps as being, "young, dumb, and full of xxx."

Sorry, I couldn't pass that up!

Chuck Clark
Jiyushinkai Aikibudo
www.jiyushinkai.org
Old 06-22-2000, 11:29 AM   #8
benny
Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Clark
Hope you don't need that can when your Bujin bag's in the luggage hold of that 737 (or anywhere else...) when you need it!
Actually that would be really dangerous, the luggage hold not being pressurised. Boom! Whoopass spread everywhere!
Old 07-05-2000, 11:12 PM   #9
Tony Peters
Dojo: Mt Tantalus, Kaimuki Judo club
Talking BuJin bags

I got chime in for BuJin's weapons bags...I have two, one a standard weapons bags A with a polar fleece insert that I use to keep my weapons from banging around. the other bag is a one of there kendo shinai bags that I have started to modify for carrying my iaito, yes I know that I could have bought there katana bags but I fly with my weapons in PVC tubes so that kind of protection isn't necessary. I only need the bag for riding my motorcycle to class. You won't go wrong with a Bujin Bag, I have given some though to Chucks comment about a custom made bag for all of the SMR weapons however I didn't see that he mentions the Kusarigama, that would make just about any weapons bag difficult to design much less make. Well the bags I presently own serve me just fine right now

Peace
Tony
Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow
That's what makes my Thumper go