Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Humor

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-03-2006, 09:49 PM   #51
Rigel Keffer
Dojo: Aikido Society of Memphis
United_States
Re: Aiki Redneck

Quote:
Gerard Miller wrote:
If going to a seminar is a chance to meet Woman.
*single woman raising hand here* Any single, straight man who is a dedicated aikidoka is INSTANTLY more intriguing and attractive just by virtue of his being an aikidoka. Furthermore, it says a lot about a man if he can find merit in a no-make-up, hair-flying-wild, redfaced, sweating woman who has no compunction with throwing him across the mats. Personally, the girlie part of me swoons a little over a man who will throw me hard (read: not hold back at all on technique just because I'm female) BUT will a) offer a hand to lift me up if I haven't yet bounced back up on my own and b) hold the dojo door for me. Tough chics still like to be acknowledged as women. (OK, so the fact I grew up in the South is probably pretty obvious by now.)

And, really, it all boils down to the fact that you can tell A LOT about a man by how he treats his uke.

You might be an aiki-redneck if while watching A-Team reruns:
a) During the fight sequences, you keep pondering how much better certain aikido techniques would've worked during "A-Team Randori"
b) After much pondering, decide that Murdock probably would've been the finest aikidoka of the 4.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #52
Rigel Keffer
Dojo: Aikido Society of Memphis
United_States

Quote:
Eric Webber wrote:
If your solution to every problem is to say, "grab my wrist," you might be an aiki redneck.
Y'all, this is proof of an aiki-redneck's greater refinement --- better "grab my wrist" than "pull my finger".
Old 09-05-2006, 03:24 AM   #53
Lee Mulgrew
Dojo: Dynamic Aikido Noquet Hartlepool England
United Kingdom

Quote:
Rigel Keffer wrote:
a) During the fight sequences, you keep pondering how much better certain aikido techniques would've worked during "A-Team Randori"
b) After much pondering, decide that Murdock probably would've been the finest aikidoka of the 4.
I am soo ashamed right now!
but you have to admit that he would have though!
Old 09-05-2006, 12:33 PM   #54
Eric Webber
Dojo: Aikido West Reading
United_States

Quote:
Rigel Keffer wrote:
Y'all, this is proof of an aiki-redneck's greater refinement --- better "grab my wrist" than "pull my finger".
Nothing wrong with some stench atemi in the right company
Old 09-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #55
gdandscompserv

United_States

Maybe not aiki, but definitely redneck.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:30 AM   #56
Lee Mulgrew
Dojo: Dynamic Aikido Noquet Hartlepool England
United Kingdom

Quote:
Ricky Wood wrote:
AMAZING!!!! why have I been wasting my time with aikido? finally a martial that you can practice in tight jeans
Old 03-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #57
Niamh Marie O'Leary-Liu
Dojo: Aikido of Ramapo Valley
United_States
Wink Re: Aiki Redneck

You might be an aiki-redneck if:

--You're just plumb tired of explaining to your buddies that your hakama is NOT a *^#&@!*$%0&#* skirt already!!!!

--Your ukemi is smoother than deer guts on the shed floor, I tell you what!

--You keep your good bokken on the gunrack in the back window of your Ford F150 and your spare bokken un'ner your bed, jes' in case.

--You've perfected a "no-touch" throw using beer-belch-waza and you're fixin' to use it alright, next time Bubba comments on your skirt.

Speak softly and carry a big jo.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:47 PM   #58
CNYMike
Dojo: Aikido of Central New York
United_States

Quote:
Gerard Miller wrote: View Post
If you have a tee shirt from every seminar you have ever been to. (raises hand)
Not every seminar, altough I got one from Montreal and one from Woodstock. Hmmmm, doesn't look good.

You migh be an Aiki-redneck if.....

.... your first Jo was a dowel you bought at a home improvement store.

.... you retired said jo because you used it three times last year and on two occassions you fet like splinters were going into your palm when you did a thrust.

.... you ever practiced sword forms in your back yard at 11 PM wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:54 AM   #59
Selnith
Dojo: Cleadon
United Kingdom

Quote:
Rigel Keffer wrote: View Post
*single woman raising hand here* Any single, straight man who is a dedicated aikidoka is INSTANTLY more intriguing and attractive just by virtue of his being an aikidoka. Furthermore, it says a lot about a man if he can find merit in a no-make-up, hair-flying-wild, redfaced, sweating woman who has no compunction with throwing him across the mats. Personally, the girlie part of me swoons a little over a man who will throw me hard (read: not hold back at all on technique just because I'm female) BUT will a) offer a hand to lift me up if I haven't yet bounced back up on my own and b) hold the dojo door for me. Tough chics still like to be acknowledged as women. (OK, so the fact I grew up in the South is probably pretty obvious by now.)

And, really, it all boils down to the fact that you can tell A LOT about a man by how he treats his uke.

i'm not currently single but i am SO with you on the first part, any guy who's still interested at the end of class is either Really worth a go or blind and as tough as old boots soaked in river mud.

not quite aiki red neck but, while watching a film that usually results in a major geek out you sit and count the aikido techniques you see
Old 08-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #60
Rocky Izumi
Dojo: GUST Aikido Club
Kuwait

Quote:
John Matsushima wrote: View Post
If in your way of explaining how to do REAL kokyu you say "pull my finger"
Reminds me of that BJJ guy that came to play with us. He got an arm lock on me but I got out by wrapping my legs around his head and pulling his nose into my butt before letting go with a long wet one. We all had a good laugh as he ran out of the dojo yelling that we didn't fight fair and that I was an asshole. I replied that he was obviously right.

Rock
Old 08-06-2007, 11:38 PM   #61
ElizabethCastor

Dojo: Castle Rock Aikido
United_States

If you have a hakama made from fabric featuring your favorite college team logo on it (GO Buffs!)...

If you wear a bandana do-rag like the Hulk-ster to keep the sweat outta yer eyes...

If you tied yer belt and then cut the "extra" off...

If you came to aikido to learn how do better in a bar brawl...

If you compare ANY (and I mean any) technique to one of the following: GRAPEVINE, TWO STEP, LINE DANCE, BOOT-SCOOTN BOOGIE

If you ever thought koshi load-ups/throws might be good practice for ridin' the mechanical bull...

If you are such a gentleman that you catch a female uke so she doesn't fall (Yes, ladies this happened to me lately)...

If you ever try to help explain what aikido is with the words "kinda like wrastlin'"...

If you've ever tried to get a big a$$ belt buckle on your obi...

If you've every compared a hakama to a baggy pair of chaps...

If your kiai sounds at all like a "yee-haw" or "hi-y'all"...

If you dojo featurs a chillin's class...

Okay I'm making myself stop now....
Old 08-07-2007, 07:42 AM   #62
dragonteeth
Dojo: Elkton Ki-Aikido
United_States

You might be an aiki redneck if...

...you wear torn jeans under your hakama to a seminar.
...you answer your cell phone while sitting on the mat during a demonstration at said seminar to arrange the next job for your excavating business, loudly.
...you wear worn out wrasslin' shoes onto the mat with your hakama also at said seminar.
...you paint "akido" on the side of an out of business fast food restaurant and call it your "dojoe."

(the above really happened, all with the same guy...no kidding...)

You might also be an aiki redneck if...

...you've dyed your hakama in a cool camo pattern.
...you keep a spit cup just off the mat.
...you intently read the old aikiweb thread debating braid vs ponytail vs pigtails as the best way to tie up long hair in keiko because your mullet/rat tail keeps getting tromped on.
....you think you've heard aikido terms all your life...for instance
- "thar's sumthin in ma ai"
- "hanmi that thar bowkin"
Old 06-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #63
KD5NRH
United_States

Quote:
Lan Powers wrote: View Post
If you (like me) have spent more on the gear you train with, than the car you haul it to the dojo in...
17 year old Saturn, totaled twice before I bought it and nearing 300,000 miles. When I fill the tank and top off the oil, the book value doubles.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:16 AM   #64
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom

Quote:
Robert Jackson wrote: View Post
Just to get going a bit more here's some more for ya...

3. If you've ever refered to your joe as the "anti-sum-bi@@@ stick"... you might be an aiki redneck
4. If you've ever said "my joe is bigger then yours"... you might be an aiki redneck
5. if you've ever pronouced kotegashie "koto goshe" OR Mune Tsuki "moon-a-suky"... you might be an aiki redneck
6. If you've ever practice solo in a mall\supermarket\office and caused people to give you funny looks... you might be an aiki redneck
Dear Robert,
Who is this guy Joe in item 3/4? Cheers, Joe.Shucks I guess you mean that long stick like thingy we all twirl around and try and bash each others heads in with??
Old 11-15-2015, 03:40 AM   #65
Cromwell
Dojo: North Sydney Aikido
Australia

Oh dear...