Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-26-2001, 04:53 PM   #101
Horus
Re: Re: back to ki

Quote:
Originally posted by Sid
Hi Guys. I have followed this thread with great interest!!!

Ok, Anubis - One ahs to separate fantasy from reality - just because some script writer imagines a fire ball (that is based on A interpretation of ki) that can be used by a martial artist, it doesn't mean it is possible.

Next - Have you ever been in a martial arts dojo/cwoon? If you have, you'll notice that the sensei/sifu does NOT fly around shooting mystical fire balls at his students. In martial arts in general and aikido in particular - its not the high flying stunts that are truly amazing - it's the subtle touch of a master!

Ok - 7th dan!! In what? What authority(martial arts or japanese flower arranging) awarded that lofty rank to you? (other than yourself).

The topic about how does one train one's ki -

1) Accept that your not gonna be levitating and blasting opponents with ki anytime soon.
2) Start a ki discipline such as Chi Kung(Qi Gong), tai chi, reiki or aikido!!!

"Incoherent" relations to DBZ? Cmon - I don't think anyone here has every claimed to be able to shoot fire balls - even in jest!!

Lastly, I am not some "old guy" talking rubbish - Im 16!

Sid

what he says is true if you believe it. he's just using dbz as an example!!! don't be a skeptic. you limit yourself too much. when you release your limits you will suceed
Old 04-26-2001, 05:00 PM   #102
Horus
Quote:
Originally posted by DiNalt

Yes, however I don't believe in the "unliftable body" trick
i believe in every aspect of ki. you're on the right track.
Old 04-26-2001, 06:48 PM   #103
Brian
Ki Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim23

I wuold like to kno, what ki iss. Cann i shott the biig fire boll intwo the sky? It loooks lyke fyreworkz over my hed. My freind Dan is the seventh sun in is fambily.
Jim23
I em uh super-sayan so I cen helpp yu ouut. U have to spendd 150 telekenizes points and focus un the point wheerr the univursul energy collides. I am usin my tk tuu type so it not bee so good. Rmembr, the angr cannot ovrcome yu.

Agh. I've barely participated in this thread at all, and even I feel compelled to antagonize. I add to the length of this only to urge others to stop as well =P
Old 04-26-2001, 08:43 PM   #104
Anubis_Gohan
Dojo: Looking
Sometims we dont' hav any wampin, yet we have got sufficent ki wehn we do think of it. Ki is'nt waht childern thinnk of for fiting only. we train our mind and spirti togethr bothe. Bothe are good for traininng complete personn for the bettrement of all humnas. Ki is the wey.

Brad
Old 04-27-2001, 08:35 AM   #105
NYFE Man
Dojo: Bond Street Dojo
Quote:
Originally posted by Anubis_Gohan
Sometims we dont' hav any wampin, yet we have got sufficent ki wehn we do think of it. Ki is'nt waht childern thinnk of for fiting only. we train our mind and spirti togethr bothe. Bothe are good for traininng complete personn for the bettrement of all humnas. Ki is the wey.

Brad
Hold on... we don't have any wampum, but ki is the whey?

Is the key to ki Native American cheesemaking?

Maybe it's not a fireball -- but a cheese ball!

Al Foote III
Old 04-27-2001, 09:49 AM   #106
Nick
United_States
Of course anything is possible... I'm just saying that some kid coming onto a forum, having claimed to be a 7dan without training, can move objects with his mind, and uses "kung foo" books without names to prove his point makes me into a skeptic. Of course any thing is possible... this just seems unlikely.

Nick
Old 04-27-2001, 09:53 AM   #107
Horus
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian

I em uh super-sayan so I cen helpp yu ouut. U have to spendd 150 telekenizes points and focus un the point wheerr the univursul energy collides. I am usin my tk tuu type so it not bee so good. Rmembr, the angr cannot ovrcome yu.

Agh. I've barely participated in this thread at all, and even I feel compelled to antagonize. I add to the length of this only to urge others to stop as well =P
brian: i'm like you as well i train ki and tk. at least i know there is more than a few here that believe in the full power of ki. istead of setting restrictions on endless possibilities.
Old 04-27-2001, 09:57 AM   #108
Anubis Gohan
Dojo: looking
Not leaving

Just because you use your stupid tactics to try to get me to leave I am not going to I know this is real just because you do not know a seer as do I and that I am using dbz as an example dosent mean that I am luticrus gohan is also a type of Jap. rice i chose that because I like rice and you probaly dont know who Anubis is you with all your tom foolary.
-Brad Cook

"Do Not despise the snake for it has no horns for one day it may become a dragon"
-Some Book I Found In The Libary
Old 04-27-2001, 11:21 AM   #109
[Censored]

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Anubis Gohan
Just because you use your stupid tactics to try to get me to leave I am not going to I know this is real just because you do not know a seer as do I and that I am using dbz as an example dosent mean that I am luticrus gohan is also a type of Jap. rice i chose that because I like rice and you probaly dont know who Anubis is you with all your tom foolary.
-Brad Cook
Brad, why don't you slowly and carefully type out YOUR understanding of the subject? It should be clear to you by now that, even if anyone here does know what you are talking about, they aren't going to respond in the manner you desire.
Old 04-27-2001, 11:23 AM   #110
NYFE Man
Dojo: Bond Street Dojo
Re: Not leaving

Quote:
Originally posted by Anubis Gohan
-Brad Cook
Let's see... Would that be Anubis, the Egyptian god (which your AIM handle seems to indicate (Anubisjacklegod)) or the character from the Ronin Warriors series?

I'm guessing both hold true, and I find it an interesting side note that another Egyptian god, Horus, recently showed up with equally bad spelling, the same general age and agrees with everything you put forth. Split personality?

I for one don't want you to go away -- but I DO feel that you have showed no desire to learn that which you don't already believe to be true. As far as being seen as "luticrus", people on this and other forums can only "know" you by what you write. What I see from your posts is someone who wants attention and who needs to spend more time in school on grammar, spelling and sentence formation (or doesn't respect the people on the forum enough to make even a HALF-hearted attempt at proper English).

Believe what you want to about ki, since you have no desire to listen to the opinions put forth here. Learn to release it in bursts, then you too can write books, make videos and make personal appearances. Become wildly rich & famous, then we'll all be jealous and wonder why we didn't believe you way back when. Until then, please forgive our skepticism and remember: never trust anyone over 30!

Personally, I think that it's all flame-bait and I'm biting. But what the heck -- every once in a while it can be fun!

Last edited by NYFE Man : 04-27-2001 at 01:05 PM.

Al Foote III
Old 04-27-2001, 12:51 PM   #111
Nick
United_States
so, you're the Egyptian god of Japanese rice? Good to know... Jun, could we get IP tracking going for Horus and Anubis... Al had a good point...

Brad, why we want you to leave-- some of us have been completely skeptical, and the only way you've tried another argument is to tell us we're all wrong and stupid, and not as high and mighty as you are. We probably aren't, but I'm happy to sit back with my unrealized, unmystical self, and try to live life for what it's worth. Can I shoot fireballs and read minds? Heck no. However, just looking out at nature and it's beauty, and even the ki that comes forth from it, I find that it contains all the mysticism I need.

Nick
Old 04-27-2001, 12:59 PM   #112
CZR
yes, fun this is... A days worth of entertainment all in one place.

Since obviously whatever I say to the issue at hand would be ignored in favor of the discussion of Anuby's validity, I propose this:

Since you seem to be so certain of your ideas Anubis, and want to claim that you have some divine knowledge of ki and its potential, why do you not reveal a) your experience, b) your own methods of training that take you to this lofty level, and (wait for it) c) do this in a manner that does not leave the rest of us deciphering the encryptions of your equally divine writings?

Basically Anubis, I am taking you up on your offer earlier. Tell us, professionally, about your own training methods and your own style. Once you have "spilled the beans" as it is said, then maybe the rest of us may be more inclined to agree and admire you...
Old 04-27-2001, 01:13 PM   #113
Nick
United_States
I tried Chris... but now that you've brought it up, I realize that I too would like to hear from our Egyptian-Japanese demigod...

Nick
Old 04-27-2001, 01:14 PM   #114
giriasis
Dojo: Sand Drift Aikikai, Cocoa Florida
United_States
Exclamation Anubis, the reasons you are not being taken seriously

1. You say you know how to spell, but you don't take the time to edit your writing. This lack of care for what you write makes those who read what you write care less about it.

2. You don't support what you believe in with ANY kind of argument. Statement of your opinion with out support leads to less credibility.

3. You use you age as an excuse. I'm sorry but I have met many folks your age that can support their arguments and spell.

4. You ignore anything that is contrary to your opinion, and you seek only the answers you want to hear.

5. The failure to acknowledge the points of others leads them to believe that you don't respect their opinions. So if you can't show respect for thier opinions, they have no reason to show respect for yours.

6. While anything is possible, you seem to ignore the probabilities of acheiving the impossible.

7. You claim to be 7th dan.

8. And now you are creating other names to support your position which are essentially "ditto heads."

Yes, I am being a patronizing 31 year old adult. Tough love, baby. If you want us to take you seriously then ACT SERIOUSLY. Respect the forum members by acknowledging their points. Respect our aikido experience. Respect our views on ki. Respect our real experience with ki.

You know I found it interesting that your friend Horus posted something from Tohei Koichi and William Reed. You should read William Reed's material more closely. Tohei Koichi did NOT believe in these supernatural phenomena you are claiming.

But then again, I'm an adult more than twice your age, I can't possibly know what I'm talking about.

To summarize: If you act seriously, we will take you seriously.

Back to my law school finals,

Anne Marie Giri
5th Kyu, Aikikai Aikido

Old 04-27-2001, 07:42 PM   #115
Nick
United_States
Anne---

Amen!!!! You put into words what I was having trouble with. I guess adults do have a purpose after all

Nick
Old 04-28-2001, 09:50 AM   #116
Anubis Gohan
Dojo: looking
I am not horus

Horus is a freind of mine i am not the god of rice i like rice i will not tell you ow to do this for you are not ready you have to take kanjji style
-Brad Cook

"Do Not despise the snake for it has no horns for one day it may become a dragon"
-Some Book I Found In The Libary
Old 04-28-2001, 12:31 PM   #117
Sid
Do symbol Re: I am not horus

What the heck was that about?!?!

You have to take KANJI style? A kanji is a japanese character, like the one in my post!!!

It means "chinese character"!

Anubis - I fail to understand!!

Sid
Old 04-29-2001, 05:05 PM   #118
Nick
United_States
Hmm, we must study kanji-- does anyone know of any schools that teach shodo? Maybe once I understand my kanjji I can learn how to stand on my head while my master lectures me about the Forc.... I mean, ki...

This has gone on too long. I call for a lock on this thread, as even the comedic aspect is losing its luster.

Nick
Old 04-29-2001, 06:06 PM   #119
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan
That raises a good question Nick. I think we can block out certain users but can we set our profiles to not show certain threads?

If we kill the thread they just go somewhere else. You should see the guy on Aikido Journal at the moment.

Worse thing is that the original question was quite good.

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido
Old 04-29-2001, 07:26 PM   #120
Nick
United_States
I have no desire to block the thread, but rather just to end it, as it's getting repetitive and boring, though it started out very interesting!

What's the guy on aikido journal saying?

Nick
Old 04-30-2001, 06:56 AM   #121
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan
Just another child - posting on every single thread from why out in left field.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick
I have no desire to block the thread, but rather just to end it, as it's getting repetitive and boring, though it started out very interesting!

What's the guy on aikido journal saying?

Nick

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido