Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Training

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 02-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
B.J.M.
Dojo: Aikido of Center City, Philadelphia, PA.
United_States
Searching for Scott Howard sensei

I've been trying to get a hold of Scott Howard sensei of the Whittier Aikikai without any luck.

I keep calling the number that he has listed for the dojo and leaving messages but no one ever calls me back.

Does anyone train at the Whittier Aikikai and can tell me the dojo schedule and fee's? I live quite far from the dojo but am a fan of Howard sensei and would like to come and train sometime.

Thanks.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
Steven

Dojo: Aikido Yoshinkan Sacramento - Seikeikan Dojo
United_States
Re: Searching for Scott Howard sensei

Hi Brent,

The information on Whittier Aikikai listed in the dojo directory has not been updated since 2003 so it's possible the contact information changed or your e-mail is being blocked?!?

I noted that Pasadena Aikikai recently had a seminar that Mr. Howard was a part of. If no one else has any further details, you might consider contacting them to see if they have any updated information. Their website contact information is http://pasadenaaikikai.com/locatio.html .

Good luck ...
Old 02-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
B.J.M.
United_States

Thanks Steven.

Actually, I am a student at Pasadena Aikikai and wanted to get more training during the week being that Pasadena only meets twice a week.

I visited the Whittier Aikikai on a Sunday night hoping that their schedule was posted somewhere and it wasn't. The number that is on the internet is the same one that is posted on their dojo window. They also don't have a website or email address.

It is a small dojo and I'm not sure if they meet every night and what times. It is a long drive for me to just go and "hope" that there is a class, but I guess that's what I'm going to have to do.

Very frustrating.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
Sy Labthavikul
Dojo: Aikido Academy USA of Alhambra
United_States

I was also at the Pasadena Friendship Seminar and was impressed with Howard Sensei's technique. I did a fast internet search but could not come up with any information to help you regarding the Whittier Aikikai... sorry.

However, if you're looking for additional dojos to train in near that area, might I suggest the Aikido Academy in Alhambra, which is the dojo I train at. The head instructor is Francis Takahashi Shihan, and there is a smorgasbord of other instructors, including three godans, a yondan who was uchideshi with Morihiro Saito Sensei, and several other incredible aikidoka from various backgrounds and styles.

There are classes every day except Monday and Friday. The website is kinda in the works, but all the basic info is there:

http://www.aikidoacademyusa.com

Hope to see you around

---------------------------------
train as if the tengu will never visit, execute as if they already have
Old 02-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
B.J.M.
United_States

Update:

Well I have indeed heard from Scott Howard sensei!

I'm looking forward to coming down to the dojo this week.

Thank's everyone for your help and invites to your dojo.

Sy, I would love to come and train at your dojo. I'll see you soon.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
Steven

Dojo: Aikido Yoshinkan Sacramento - Seikeikan Dojo
United_States

Brent ... glad you got a hold of him. I was going to suggest if all else fails you make the drive up here to Sacramento. With traffic in L.A. there's a good chance it'll be quicker than going from Pasadena to Whittier.. LOL!

Note: I grew up down there so know the traffic patterns all too well