Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-18-2012, 03:33 AM   #1
T-S
Australia
Is anyone here from Perth, Western Australia?

Hi everyone...Basically, I'm looking for a place to learn Aikido here in Perth, and was wondering if anyone here lives there and, if you do, where you train? I'm looking for somewhere either in, or preferably west of, the City centre. I know there's Jan De Jong's school in the city and they have a very good reputation, but unfortunately that's a bit expensive for me at the moment. I know there are some (hopefully good quality) schools around these parts, but Aikido is very different to other arts I've practised and I don't really know what to look for in regards to high quality schools. I currently practise a form of Kung Fu, and whilst the instruction is very good, it's too expensive and, the more I read about it, the more Aikido seems perfect for me.

Any advice that anyone has is welcome.

Thanks,

T-S
Old 04-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Andrew S

Dojo: Kenshinkai Dojos
Japan
Re: Is anyone here from Perth, Western Australia?

Not from Perth, but I believe there is still an Aikikai Australia dojo in Perth, in addition to Igarashi Dojos. Their approaches are a little different, but I have met folks from both organisations and they were all good people.

Warning: Do not bend, fold or otherwise abuse... until we get to the dojo..

合気道研心会 Aikido Kenshinkai
Old 04-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Videodeshi
Dojo: Aikikai Australia
Australia

G'Day Thomas

I know that Aikikai have several dojos in Perth.
Check out http://www.aikido.org.au
I have trained with some aikidokas from Aikikai in Perth and have enjoyed it every time.

Hope this helps

regards
Old 04-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #4
T-S
Australia

Thanks for the reply Andrew. I participated in a class at the Aikikai Australia Dojo this morning and really enjoyed it, even though I had trouble with rolling forward and backward I signed up for their beginner course, which includes 10 lessons for a very reasonable price, so I guess I'll soon know for sure whether or not this is the art for me

T-S