Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Weapons

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 02-08-2005, 01:25 PM   #1
AmyGilgan
Dojo: Suginami Aikikai
United_States
California S&P

If any of you wonderful west coast Aikidoka could tell me the hours of California S&P, I would be most grateful. I am in the market for a new bokken, but I can never reach them by phone to learn their hours.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #2
Michael Hackett
Dojo: Kenshinkan Dojo (Aikido of North County) Vista, CA
Re: California S&P

Wow, did Berkeley finally secede from California? I never thought it would happen.

Michael
"Leave the gun. Bring the cannoli."
Old 02-08-2005, 03:59 PM   #3
senshincenter

Dojo: Senshin Center
United_States

Hi Amy,

Their catalog does not list their hours, however we have always been able to contact them during normal business hours (mon-fri: 9-5 pm). However, they often close for holidays and/or for their own reasons - so you might have found them at such a time. They also have an email - maybe they are reading that: califsp@peoplepc.com. To make sure you have the right number: 510-527-6032 or 510-527-0729. (This is assuming they are still open for business - not that I have heard othewise but it has been at least six months since I've last ordered from them.)

dmv

David M. Valadez
Visit our web site for articles and videos. Senshin Center - A Place for Traditional Martial Arts in Santa Barbara.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:35 AM   #4
AmyGilgan
Dojo: Suginami Aikikai
United_States

Thanks for the tip on the hours! Yes, they are still in business, usually open Monday-Friday 10-6pm. They just happened to closed for private reasons on the day that I called. It's always good to call ahead before stopping by.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:11 PM   #5
senshincenter

United_States

Good - we need to place an order soon too. :-) Thanks for the info. Glad I could be a little help, but it sounds like you managed it all just fine.
david

David M. Valadez
Visit our web site for articles and videos. Senshin Center - A Place for Traditional Martial Arts in Santa Barbara.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:41 PM   #6
gracerollins
Dojo: CT Aikikai
United_States

Hi-- How is their stuff? Calif S&P was recommended to me and I'm thinking of ordering a jo or two from there.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:54 PM   #7
senshincenter

United_States

They offer a lot of imported equipment from Japan - all of which is good to high quality. They are also reasonably priced - especially when you consider the fact that you don't need to pay the usual high shipping cost that comes from getting something directly from Japan. Their jo are very nice - very strong - never had one break (like from other places) and for only about $30 it's hard to beat.

David M. Valadez
Old 02-15-2005, 08:54 AM   #8
gracerollins
Dojo: CT Aikikai
United_States

Hey I called them up and they said $50 for a jo plus shipping... maybe that's the mail order rate? seems to be the average for jos online anyway.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:05 AM   #9
senshincenter

United_States

Grace,

I'm sorry, that is my fault. I should have been more clear - the $30 rate is the wholesale rate. All you have to do to get the wholesale rate is order five or more. Once you establish a wholesale relationship with you, they are very nice to extend you the wholesale prices even if you order under the five item minimum (at leat that has been our experience).

Again, apologies for not being as clear as I should have been.
dmv

David M. Valadez
Old 02-15-2005, 04:15 PM   #10
Aiki LV
Dojo: VEGAS VALLEY AIKIDO
United_States

Not to be a billboard or anything, but California S&P is one of the best places to get both uniforms and equipment from. When I did orders for a dojo I worked at in the past I had to deal with them a lot. Nothing but good things to say about them. Good people, good products.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:08 PM   #11
Jonathan Cole

Dojo: Salem Budokai
United_States

Ok, I'm interested - now how do I get a catalog? Do they have a website, or should I just give them a call/email?

Thanks!

JC
Old 03-08-2005, 11:35 PM   #12
senshincenter

United_States

Hi Jonathon,

No, I don't think they have a web site. We had to call them to get a catalog - but I guess you can try emailing them as well.

Hope that helps,
dmv

David M. Valadez