Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > AikiWeb System

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-26-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
AikiWeb System
"Breathing Martial Arts into the Curriculum"

Posted 2007-03-26 19:59:16 by Jennifer Paige smith
News URL: http://www.santacruz.k12.ca.us/

Fellow AikiDoka!
I have been teaching aikido to youth at risk and developing a national curriculum through the County Office of Education in Santa Cruz County. The program is highlighted in this seasons webpage from the county. I hope to inspire you to start a program like this in your community and to contact me so that I can offer my experience and advice to you if you're interested in starting such a program. The national program guide will be published later this year.

My contact information is aikijen@mail.com

Old 03-27-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
SeiserL

United_States
Re: "Breathing Martial Arts into the Curriculum"

Now here is a great idea.
Worthy of a grant.
Deepest compliments and appreciation.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:48 AM   #3
jason jordan

Dojo: Dallas Aikikai/ Southlake Aikikai
United_States

Wow!!! I have been something similar to this. Please I would like to hear what you are doing. I am right now in the process of acquiring a 7000sqft building, to do youth program. I am a former youth pastor for a church, and have always used Aikido as a tool to help the youth. I am no longer with that church which enables me to do it full time.

Please let's share!
jason@southlakeaikikai.com
Old 03-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
gdandscompserv

United_States

BRAVO Jensei!
I am developing an aikido program for foster children and am floundering around trying to get more exposure and some structure to what I am doing. My dojo space is a "gift" from the Greater Hope Foundation, a foster family agency, who support me 100%. You will be hearing from me. You have given me new hope.
Thank You!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:05 AM   #5
SeiserL

United_States

Since in my other life I wrote grants for non-profit child abuse treatment centers, I have been offering some guidelines in my column here on Aiki Web on how to find funding and write grant proposals to help just such programs.

My compliments, appreciation, and respect for all those individuals and organizations with the class and courage to reach out and attempt to be part of the solutions instead of just complaining about the problem.

If I can be of any assistance to such attempts, please feel free to contact me. Its good karma all the way around.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:35 AM   #6
jennifer paige smith

Dojo: Confluence Aiki-Dojo / Santa Cruz Sword Club
United_States

Wow!!!So far 111 people have looked at this article on aikiweb! Yay!I'm proud of everyone who took an interest and even more enthusiastic about those who replied. We have a gift in our hands, this training and it's legacy, and to share it is to bring O'Senseis vision alive into the world. You want good self-defense, create a wonderful citizen and not a criminal. I would be pleased to accept any support (thank you ,especially Lynn) through grant help, training manuals, ideas, fellowship, host a youth seminar with me speaking/teaching in your area, invite me to come train with you ( I will) and I can look at your program. I really believe in this!!!!!!!We make a difference.

PLEASE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE IN OTHER THREADS TO TAKE THE TIME OUT OF THEIR CONVERSATIONS TO LOOK AT THIS THREAD. WE NEED GENEROUS ATTENTION.

Bless You, Jen Smith
p.s. I'm going to share your support with the other instructors in my project.