Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-27-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
Four Day Randori Intensive with George Ledyard

Friday August 29th - Monday September 1st
George Ledyard, Aikido 6th Dan
4 Days, 7 hrs per day, limit of 20 people

The 2014 four day Intensive will focus on developing an advanced understanding of multiple attacker principles and strategies. This intensive will not have the weapons work of past intensives and will have a tight focus on systematically developing the attendee's randori skills. We will use slow / medium speed flow drills, exercises taken from Systema, reviewing waza skills, and other creative technique to prepare the attendee for any type of Aikido randori. We will practivce empty hand randori, small space randori, hanmi handachi randori, randori against tanto, randori against shibai attack and mixed waepons. An emphasis will be placed on applying "aiki" principles in the empty hand technique to make the practitioner more efficient and effective.

At Aikido Eastside we have been developing this event for almost 25 years. We believe it is unique in its focus and content. Whether a student is attending his first Intensive or has attended many times in the past, it is our experience that he or she will make a substantive jump in level over this weekend. A testament to this fact is that the vast majority of students have come back repeatedly to participate again and again. Students routinely travel from all over the US and Canada for this training and several have even come from overseas.

This training places equal emphasis on the technical and psychological aspects of Aikido and we feel that it is a paradigm shifting experience for the attendees, especially for those who have not attended before.

On-line Info and Registration

The Intensive on Facebook

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 08-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
George S. Ledyard

Re: Four Day Randori Intensive with George Ledyard

There are still a few spots open for the randori intensive. This year is a good time for those folks who have been wishing to attend over the years but didn't feel their weapons work was solid enough. The 2014 intensive will focus solely on traditional Aikido multiple attacker practice. We have had students who have attended every year for many years and they have always found that their skill level took a jump.This is designed to be the most intense training you will do, helping you push your limits. The work is cross style and would be appropriate for folks from various organizations. Historically, we have had students from all over the world attend. We'd love to see some new faces this year.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 08-11-2014, 09:40 PM   #3
tenshinaikidoka

Dojo: Aikido Of Benton County Richland, Wa.
United_States

I really wish I could attend this year!! Hope to attend future seminars!!!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:30 AM   #4
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States

Quote:
Brandon Needham wrote: View Post
I really wish I could attend this year!! Hope to attend future seminars!!!
if i am that close, i would be camping out at George's place. before the randori training, my level of suckness was blackhole level. afterward, my suckness has reached orbital level, still suck but at least i could reach escape velocity with more training. ya, go. don't think about it. just go. and send me a postcard afterward.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org
Old 08-12-2014, 08:18 AM   #5
donhebert
Dojo: River Valley Aikido
United_States

I highly recommend this extraordinary experience. I have attended a couple of the intensives and I can attest that George has really figured out how to transmit this teaching. I saw everyone's abilities permanently improved by the end of the weekend, including my own. I wish I could make it this time.

Best Regards,

Don
Old 08-13-2014, 11:02 PM   #6
tenshinaikidoka

Dojo: Aikido Of Benton County Richland, Wa.
United_States

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
if i am that close, i would be camping out at George's place. before the randori training, my level of suckness was blackhole level. afterward, my suckness has reached orbital level, still suck but at least i could reach escape velocity with more training. ya, go. don't think about it. just go. and send me a postcard afterward.
I agree, only issue is my work schedule getting in the way, otherwise your right...I'd be there!!!!!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
George S. Ledyard

We have a few spots still open for the Randori Intensive. So, we have opened up registration to folks who only wish to register for portions of the weekend. Options for two and three day attendance are now available.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com