Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Open Discussions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 01-17-2010, 02:15 PM   #26
Eugene Leslie

Canada
Re: I am the universe

Mr. Ledyard sums it up best IMHO.

We're not meant to know everything; and may the scientists that experiment on animals' brains while they're still alive and concious burn!!

It's one thing to charge money and espouse the oneness of mankind and nirvana from a medical condition experience...it's totally another thing to actually walk the walk and make a difference in this world by ordinary, everyday actions stemming from sincere love.

Osensei possessed sincere love.

I'm a Beatles fan and I can't resist....

Expert, textpert, choking smokers
don't you think the joker laughs at you
See how they smile like pigs in a sty see how they snide
I'm crying
Semolina pilchard
climbing up the Eiffel tower
Elementary penguin singing Hare Krishna
Man, you should have seen them kicking
Edgar Allan Poe

I am the eggman
They are the eggmen
I am the walrus!
Goo goo g' joob

Self-discipline is the chief element of self-esteem; and self-esteem the chief element of courage. Thucydides
Old 01-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #27
Eugene Leslie

Canada

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

It is by the juice of Safu that thoughts acquire speed; lips acquire stains; stains become a warning.

Self-discipline is the chief element of self-esteem; and self-esteem the chief element of courage. Thucydides
Old 01-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #28
Suru
United_States

Quote:
Eugene Leslie wrote: View Post

It is by the juice of Safu that thoughts acquire speed; lips acquire stains; stains become a warning.

I am being knit-picky, I know, but it is spelled sappho. Want some and a wet-nap?
Old 01-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #29
Eugene Leslie

Canada

Oh..thanks! you must be THE ultimate authority on Dune and Frank Herbert uberfan...you know what you can do with your wet-naps.....

Old 01-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #30
Suru
United_States

Quote:
Eugene Leslie wrote: View Post
Oh..thanks! you must be THE ultimate authority on Dune and Frank Herbert uberfan...you know what you can do with your wet-naps.....
If you think so, why aren't you asking me a relevant question or conversing about the novel(s) with me? Are you insecure and self-absorbed? Such traits you cannot dissolve simply through keiko; you have to look inside your soul and make sure there's nothing awful inside first, and since there is, you must conquer that on your own. I know it won't be painless, but it will be worth it. Then I'll buy us a round of sahfoo shots.

Drew
Old 01-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #31
Eugene Leslie

Canada

Probably the wet-nap comment from which I replied from the hip.....(forgive my cognative disorder) and obviously touched a spot in you of which you are accusing me of having...but I sincerely apologize for the flash of sardonic retort.

It's nothing so deep or profound.....people are not perfect or one dimensional...but you already know that.
You don't know me from Adam and if you can deduce my soul and character from a few (admittedly) defensive words, then you're a better man than I.

Let us bury the hatchet......or I'll have to use atomics

Hey! you spelled safhoo differently in both posts! WTH?

I'm consulting my Mentat.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #32
elacueva

Dojo: aikikai
Philippines

huwaaa "having a stroke and thinking at the same time!" what a clear mind thinking.

When i watch this video, I learned something of it.

I don't know if this is just my thought because I'm just an amateur but I just what to share my thought. Please correct me if I'm messing.

I had an a good conversation with Mr. Araneta Melchizedek bout why we people are dint make up each other and have an good conversation not in direct going in battle.

Why people always had an negative thought to others and make him down to make him self on top?

Why people make an companions to make them self show them that their good people?

Why if there is some war that religious always in connected? But I am not saying that religious at fault.
etc. and so on and so fort...

Please don't misinterpret some of my words.

well! I had learn lot from him when He talk all bout this and thanks to him that there some of my thought that open and realize what it is.

skip.

Mr. Araneta Melchizedek say this words to me "If you and your brothers had a fight. I stand in the middle and I'm not siding one of you! I'm the bridge to make you two make up."

Hope that all/we are have an clear and enlighten way of thinking always so that we can make an a peaceful and beautiful surrounding.

Just like the Jill Bolte Taylor says that which side of you that you'll choose in the right way? We can choose who we are that we want to be.

We can choose of our right Hemisphere of our brain to be one part of the universe/to all of you/to what we surrounded.

We can choose to our left Hemisphere of our brain to be the consciousness of me the individual of me separated by the universe and by all of you that make me an individual solid that not connected anything.

Well that not exactly what they say and i hear but that's what i understand.

Hope we can enlightenment the others in our own way.

If it is possible the whole human being in the world.

So then. Thank you.

zero