Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Supplies

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
Krystal Locke
United_States
Dont everyone run at once. (Aikido24.com and Bujin Hakama)

Aikido24 has BuJin haks and gi listed. No women's cut yet, meh.

But YAY!

Last edited by Krystal Locke : 09-23-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Garth Jones
Dojo: Allegheny Aikido
United_States
Re: Dont everyone run at once. (Aikido24.com and Bujin Hakama)

Excellent. Their prices are in Euros and they seem to charge VAT, which shouldn't apply to orders to the US. Does anybody know if they are shipping to the US yet?
Old 09-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
Krystal Locke
United_States

Click the US shop button.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
Garth Jones
Dojo: Allegheny Aikido
United_States

Doh! Thanks!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
ninjaqutie

Dojo: Searching for a new home
United_States

Sweet! I may be in the market for a new gi soon. Just wish the women's would post soon! AND I want their weapons bag too. STAT!

~Look into the eyes of your opponent & steal his spirit.
~To be a good martial artist is to be good thief; if you want my knowledge, you must take it from me.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #6
Krystal Locke
United_States

Quote:
Ashley Carter wrote: View Post
Sweet! I may be in the market for a new gi soon. Just wish the women's would post soon! AND I want their weapons bag too. STAT!
Dude at the company just emailed me to tell me it will be a couple weeks for women's hakamas. Ok, I'm holding my breath! I didn't ask about the bags, my twenty year old BuJin bag is as good as new.

Hey, when I get my ukemi back, wanna meet up and train a bit? I've got keys to the dojo....
Old 09-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
king mob

OMG the regular Aikido24 goods look so poor and rehashed now that the Bujin items are back.. I've waited ALL YEAR for these goods.. I've got 3 hakamas, and 3 gis.. But I'm buying AT LEAST 1 hakama to give Bujin some up front support and cash flow..

BUY FOLKS BUY.. Just because we don't want to regret Bujin going on hiatus again..

I forgot the terms of Bujin's parameters, the link is in German.. doh..

Last edited by king mob : 09-28-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
Krystal Locke
United_States

Quote:
Carlo Ang wrote: View Post
OMG the regular Aikido24 goods look so poor and rehashed now that the Bujin items are back.. I've waited ALL YEAR for these goods.. I've got 3 hakamas, and 3 gis.. But I'm buying AT LEAST 1 hakama to give Bujin some up front support and cash flow..

BUY FOLKS BUY.. Just because we don't want to regret Bujin going on hiatus again..

I forgot the terms of Bujin's parameters, the link is in German.. doh..
Old 09-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #9
king mob

Quote:
Krystal Locke wrote: View Post
Err yes I did.. The prob is with the link that describes what each of the pull down parameters do.. (description of aiki koshita vs traditional, front panel length)

However, Google Translation is effective with just a cut + paste translation..

I don't remember paying almost $200 for my twill blue hakama.. But I think I did get it on sale, months before Bujin started their fire sale of hakamas..

Glad they're back, can't wait to wreck a hakama and be compelled to buy a Bujin !!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #10
ninjaqutie

United_States

Quote:
Hey, when I get my ukemi back, wanna meet up and train a bit? I've got keys to the dojo....
Sorry, I can't. I actually moved back east and am no longer in Oregon. ::sniffle:: I am actually a dojoless aikidoka now searching for a new place to call home.

~To be a good martial artist is to be good thief; if you want my knowledge, you must take it from me.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
Krystal Locke
United_States

Quote:
Ashley Carter wrote: View Post
Sorry, I can't. I actually moved back east and am no longer in Oregon. ::sniffle:: I am actually a dojoless aikidoka now searching for a new place to call home.
Whaddya go do that for?

Best of luck over there, and I hope you find a good mat to land on. Delaware, I dont know. Western Mass, I've got some good ideas. But being ronin is fun too.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #12
ninjaqutie

United_States

Quote:
Whaddya go do that for?

Best of luck over there, and I hope you find a good mat to land on. Delaware, I dont know. Western Mass, I've got some good ideas. But being ronin is fun too.
Only time will tell. I found a place I am going to give a shot at the beginning of the year. It is only like 3 miles away from the house, so it is MUCH closer then the over 20 I was doing each way from Central Point to Ashland. It is hard finding a new family... I sure do miss my old one...

Old 11-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #13
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States

Any feedback yet on the new Bujin dogi? Now Chinese made, so I have my reservations.....

Marc Abrams
Old 11-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #14
king mob

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Any feedback yet on the new Bujin dogi? Now Chinese made, so I have my reservations.....

Marc Abrams
How do you know Made In China ?? That's quite a disappointment, feels like a cop-out now.. I'm also disappointed by how disjointed they've been at quoting me postage to Canada for a hakama.. They insist "just place the order and you'll see the cost".. Huh.. What if the shipping costs more than the hakama ??
Old 11-13-2011, 01:17 AM   #15
Hanna B
Sweden

Quote:
They insist "just place the order and you'll see the cost".. Huh.. What if the shipping costs more than the hakama ??
Then you don't click "OK, place the order" (or similar).
Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #16
ninjaqutie

United_States

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post

Marc Abrams
I was under the impression that it was still going to be made in the USA.... but now I can't recall where I read or heard that. I sure hope it isn't made in China. If so, then they better have a high quality assurance thing going on. If it goes the cheaply made route, poor Bujin is going to founder. I still want a weapons bag!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #17
king mob

Quote:
Hanna Björk wrote: View Post
Then you don't click "OK, place the order" (or similar).
Sorry it does not work that way..

Firstly, they ask you to input the shipping address, as part of calculating the final total.. As of last month, the pull down menu for Shipping Address only allows "United States of America" for Country..

So you're supposed to put a foreign address, and use USA as the country.. On this same page you put your credit card# and hit OK.. By the time you hit OK, you've given your credit card#.. Bujin will then contact you with the corrected billing for postage.. This is wrong, by this time they have the ability to take whatever they want, since I've already approved an amount/purchase.. It is very messy to try to get the charges reversed..

It is very prudent practice to always know what you are being charged BEFORE you authorize an E-transaction of a payment.. Money can be taken out fast, but it takes a lifetime and lots of red tape to get the money put back..

Maybe it is better to just make a phone purchase..

Last edited by king mob : 11-14-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #18
Hanna B
Sweden

Quote:
Sorry it does not work that way..
Okej, sorry. Then they have a stupid webshop.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #19
jbblack

Dojo: Aikido of Roseville
United_States

Check out this article: http://www.examiner.com/martial-arts...alerts_article The new BuJin GI is made in China and according to the article under strict quality control.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #20
Tora
United_States
Thumbs up Re: Dont everyone run at once. (Aikido24.com and Bujin Hakama)

I recently ordered the Bujin dogi and hakama from Aikido24, and based on my experience with them I am compelled to let folks know.

I will tell you that I felt like a bit of a guinea pig, because the company is based in Germany and I'm in the US - so it wasn't without a bit of trepidation that I ordered. Doing business internationally seems dicey to me since any recourse for the buyer is either complicated or not immediately clear (to me). I ordered the hakama first, in late October. I followed their measurement guide that, yes, had to be translated with google translate. Their web site said that once an order was ready for shipping (four to six weeks), I would receive an email notification that the item would ship. They have an order status page that indeed showed acknowledgement of my order.

There was a little "burp" in the delivery date that made me very nervous. But they promised my hakama by the end of December so in mid December I decided to add the dogi jacket to my order. Apparently, Aikido24 has been ironing out issues with their web site's order status page that needed debugging, and process issues with their suppliers that resulted in delays. When I contacted them, they were very responsive and apologetic about the delays.

I will tell you that I was very nervous about dropping over $300 into a company that didn't really have any proven reputation for timely delivery and the quality was yet to be seen. However, I am pleased to say that I did receive my hakama and dogi jacket by the end of December as promised, and Aikido24 really stepped up to the plate to ease my dissatisfaction with the confusion.

My hakama and dogi jacket are of outstanding quality -- nothing less than you would expect from Bujin. If it's true that things are being made in China, they aren't being made cheaply or by cutting corners. I'm now proud to don my new dogi jacket and hakama. My dogi jacket looks feels and wears exactly the same as one of my friends with whom I train -- his was purchased from Bujin years ago. The hakama does have sewn pleats, but interestingly, the pleats are sewn on the inside folds, not the folds that show. This helps keep its shape and the stitching on the inner pleats is inconspicuous. It drapes beautifully, fits perfectly, and is of lasting quality.

This is a clip of the note that I sent to them

"Indeed, your response to the problem was exemplary and truly a cut above other vendors. This is a testament to your quality as a company, your dedication to your business, and your promise to your customers."

In short, I will buy from them again.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #21
dalen7

Dojo: Karcag Aikido Club
Hungary

Quote:
Tony Kazarian wrote: View Post
Doing business internationally seems dicey...
Imagine how I feel... anything that is not sent through DHL, Fed-Ex, and goes through the Hungarian Post - will be 'lost'.
[Hey, and we are virtually neighbors]

That aside, its good to know they are back in business and ironically on this side of the pond this time... my gi has 'shrunk' to the size of no return, and its about that time to invest in another gi.
[I believe i will wait till summer though - around the time of our annual training camp.]

Thanks for the report.

PEace

dAlen

dAlen [day•lynn]
dum spiro spero - {While I have breathe - I have hope}

Art
http://www.lightofinfinity.org

Philosophical
http://dalen7.wordpress.com