Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Announcements & Feedback

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-17-2002, 10:57 AM   #1
akiy

AikiWeb T-shirt Giveaway!

Hi everyone,

To celebrate AikiWeb's recent Fifth Anniversary, I've decided to hold a Free T-shirt Giveaway! Heck, I'll even give away two T-shirts!

In order to enter into this ever so exciting contest, all you need to do is post a reply to this thread with a reason (any reason would do!) why you like this website -- that's it! Only one reply per person will be counted of course; multiple replies will only count as one entry.

Here are pictures of the front and back of the T-shirt. Sizes range from S to XXL.

This thread will remain open until 12pm (US Mountain time) on Friday, 27. September, 2002. I'll randomly draw two (different) names from those people who reply to this thread (with a reason why you like this site as stated above).

Just a way to say "Thanks!" to everyone here!

Good luck!

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 09-17-2002, 11:28 AM   #2
JAMJTX
Dojo: Aikibudo Seishinkan
United_States
Triangle

I like this site because it was very helpful in getting information when I started in Aikido. Also, beacause they give away cool t-shirts.
Old 09-17-2002, 11:29 AM   #3
Rolf Granlund
Dojo: Shinsuikan/Genoa, Ohio
United_States
As a beginning student in Aikido, this website has been an invaluable resource in helping me gain a better understanding of just what it is I've gotten myself into.

With Respect,
Rolf Granlund
Old 09-17-2002, 11:32 AM   #4
Jon C Strauss
Dojo: Rocky Mountain Ki Society
Howdy,

I like this website because it has all the Aikido info I could ever want--and the webmaster is REALLY cool guy.

Not to mention, that it would be very easy for me to come to Boulder and pick up the T-shirt, thus saving said cool webmaster countless postage fees.

But I wouldn't want to influence you in anyway.

Peace,

JCS

RMKS at CSU

I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him.
--Booker T. Washington
Old 09-17-2002, 12:03 PM   #5
Marc Kupper
Dojo: Aikido of Diablo Valley / ASU
United_States
I like AikiWeb because the web master is giving away two cool looking tee-shirts to at least one lucky aikidoka.

I love AikiWeb because it's kept up to date, is easy to navigate, and contains loads of information about aikido.  My favorite surfing spots are the books (and reviews), the polls, the forums, techniques section, and every so often I visit another spot on the site and exclaim "oh, cool!  This is really interesting!"
Old 09-17-2002, 12:09 PM   #6
Larry Feldman
Dojo: Atlanta School of Aikido
United_States
Jun - Congrats on 5 years.

I have found the dojo search engine to be particularly helpful. I have used it several times when students were moving to a different part of the country and looking for recommendations.

Larry
Old 09-17-2002, 12:22 PM   #7
BC
I like AikiWeb because it's a great resource for aikido related information, and it helps me "harmonize with the spirit of the bandwidth."

Robert Cronin
Old 09-17-2002, 12:35 PM   #8
mikel
Dojo: Colmers Farm Aikido
The Dojo search is really useful to someone who travels a lot.

Mike
Old 09-17-2002, 12:41 PM   #9
REK
I find AikiWeb to be the most balanced of the aikido websites currently available. It has the largest menu of options, the most thorough listing of dojo and seminars, and a wonderfully vocal and diverse population of posters in each forum.

Obsequiousness aside, I greatly appreciate the way in which the webmaster remains unphased by input that might otherwise motivate harsh, critical response - as seen in some other websites. Way to go, Jun.

Rob

Old 09-17-2002, 12:46 PM   #10
Jim ashby
Dojo: Phoenix Coventry
I like Aikiweb because Jun is giving away T shirts. I'd like one so I can match with Jon Burn from our club. He got his in the states from Jun himself.

Worth a try!

Have fun

Vir Obesus Stola Saeptus
Old 09-17-2002, 12:57 PM   #11
gamma80
Dojo: Avon Kempo & Aikido Academy
Being relatively new to Aikido I found this website helpful in getting up to speed on terms and technique. What better way to show my appreciation than to don a shirt for all to see (a free shirt at that!).

Chris
Old 09-17-2002, 01:25 PM   #12
Young-In Park
I need a new shirt...

YoungIn Park
Old 09-17-2002, 01:44 PM   #13
faramos
Dojo: University of Chicago Aikido Club
Aikiweb connections

Aikiweb serves the greater aikido community by allowing aikidoka the chance to meet, greet, and share their experiences with one another. It have given thousands of people a way to express their opinions with one another in a way that is very open and honest. Without aikiweb, I am sure many events as well as articles would have gone unread for years to come. In fact, I credit aikiweb for connecting people from around the world in a very harmonious and positive manner to share their thoughts, experiences, and most importantly, their thanks for aikido. Great Job Aikiweb, may you keep us all connected for years to come.

Frank
Old 09-17-2002, 01:56 PM   #14
Deb Fisher
I like aikiweb because it helps me to keep my big mouth shut more while I train (although I think the folks at my dojo find that hard to believe). Seriously, it warms me to know that other people are learning from aikido, and I'm here to share that.

Besides, I want a t-shirt!

Thanks Jun,

Deb

Deb

Deb Fisher
Old 09-17-2002, 02:03 PM   #15
Chuck.Gordon
United_States
WHY do I like AIkiWeb?

Shee-it, man. Because Aikiweb ROCKS. Because it's fun and thought-provoking and insightful and alive. Because youm Jun, are one helluva aikidoka and will be a great teacher one day (and I shit you not). And because whether or not I get an Aikiweb t-shirt, Aikiweb has informed, illuminated and enhanced my budo.

I like Aikiweb because it's community, it's old friends and new, it's memories of the dear departed (George and Ubaldo, among others, may you enjoy your next adventure as much as you enjoyed this one!), and promise for growth for aikidoka and budoka young and old.

Because it's fair, and impartial and inclusive. Because it offers something for everyone and because Jun has worked had to keep it that way, when it would be easy for him to let it slide towards one point of view or the other. Because it is rigorously open-minded and delightfully funny.

I like Aikiweb because it's a warm, comfortable piece of home whilst I'm stationed 5,000 miles away from my home.

It's communication and information and debate and sharing.

I like Aikiweb because it IS.

Chuck

Forget the damn t-shirt, Jun, me boyko. Come visit and we'll buy YOU a t-shirt.

Old 09-17-2002, 02:11 PM   #16
Gri

Dojo: Fukushinkan Dojo
Why?

What do you mean "why" I like AikiWeb? I like aikido, how can I possibly "not like" AikiWeb? I'd like to write more but Chuck said it all. Thnx for a great job Jun.

Gri
Old 09-17-2002, 02:34 PM   #17
PhiGammaDawg
Dojo: none {yet}
Canada
Thumbs down yeeeeehhaaaaaa

hehe

free shirts!!

"Saki yakitachi o nukeba, masu masu masurao no kokoro wo togu bekari keri."
--"Before you draw the tempered blade, first temper and purify your own soul."--
Old 09-17-2002, 02:41 PM   #18
DaveO
Dojo: Great Wave Aikido
Canada
Heh heh heh - See how everyone suddenly becomes all polite and suddelnly puts on the happy hats when someone mentions 'free gift'?

LOL I spent some time trying to come up with a funny, off-the-wall response, but to be honest, I've made Akiweb my home-page because the damn thing works! Simple to get around, easy on the eyes, fun to cruise around; it's simply a suprbly designed site. It's well-maintained, always up to date, and there's always something interesting going on in the forums.

Jun's an excellent webmaster, even considering this blatant attempt at fishing for compliments (Bwahahahaha!).

Good job on the site, Jun!

Dave

Answers are only easy when they're incomplete.
Old 09-17-2002, 03:18 PM   #19
JohnDavis

Dojo: None...None near me and I can't afford dues anyway.
United_States
Why I like this site

I like this site because it gives us space to post ideas and opinions on Aikido related matters in a format a little more controled than the Aikido-L list.

I like the thoughts and ideas I have read here and the fact that you don't have to wade through 85 to 150 posts a day to follow a thread.

This site is a great idea. In fact, outside of the Ki-Wee official (and unofficial) sites, Aikiweb is the most reliable Aikido site there is.

I take XX Large, thanks,

jbd

Happy Shugyo,

John B. Davis
Old 09-17-2002, 03:28 PM   #20
JohnDavis

Dojo: None...None near me and I can't afford dues anyway.
United_States
Why I like this site

I like this site because it gives us space to post ideas and opinions on Aikido related matters in a format a little more controled than the Aikido-L list.

I like the thoughts and ideas I have read here and the fact that you don't have to wade through 85 to 150 posts a day to follow a thread.

This site is a great idea. In fact, outside of the Ki-Wee official (and unofficial) sites, Aikiweb is the most reliable Aikido site there is.

I take XX Large, thanks,

jbd

Happy Shugyo,

John B. Davis
Old 09-17-2002, 04:16 PM   #21
JMCavazos
Dojo: Aikido Center of South Texas
United_States
Some of the best aikido-minds offer free advice on a myriad of subjects on this website. This is definitely one of the best places on the internet (or anywhere) to get up-to-date information on Aikido.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:21 PM   #22
janet
Dojo: City Aikido
I like this site because it puts a lot of information in one place easy to access, because when I travel it makes it easy to find places to visit/train, and because Jun is way cool.

janet
Old 09-17-2002, 05:06 PM   #23
daedalus
Dojo: Seiryukan Dojo/Illini Aikido
Four words: Most attractive webmaster ever.

Now the shirt is mine!

Brian
--
http://www.shinjinkai.org/
Old 09-17-2002, 05:10 PM   #24
opherdonchin
Dojo: Baltimore Aikido
Dojo search has been really helpful

Videos have been nice

Discussions have been thought provoking

How much can I buy a shirt for?

Yours in Aiki
Opher
Old 09-17-2002, 05:52 PM   #25
Aikiscott
Dojo: Central Coast Aikikai
Australia
Being a humble little Aikidoka from the great south land (Australia), I wouldn't mind being a roveing bill board for Aikiweb, because it offers great and exstensive information on Aikido and Aikido related subjects for "FREE".

Last edited by Aikiscott : 09-17-2002 at 05:54 PM.