Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #26
Walter Martindale
Canada
Re: YouTube: Aikido Demonstration w/Mazhar Dardari

The thing about demos and much (not all) aikido practice is that uke is usually only in attack mode - not "attack but don't get nailed doing it" mode.
Is it true that just before the first bell in a boxing match, the ref's instructions include "... and protect yourself at all times..." or something like that?

We attack with "shomen" for example (name a movement) and don't do follow-up strikes. Feints? So, the person doing the demo gets to look very good, because he or she knows that the attacker is going to do the "set" attack, and isn't (in a practice situation) going to be doing back-up attacks, and isn't going to be hiding the main attack with distractions.
But what the heck - I'm going to turn up to practice this afternoon - not only is there SOME potential that it may save my bacon, but it satisfies some of the other needs - a bit of vertigo, a bit of asceticism, a bit of elevated heart rate, a bit of flexibility, a bit of confusion - all of which also contribute to saving my bacon - or - at least to prolonging my time "vertical" instead of "ashes"...
Walter
Old 09-20-2009, 04:58 AM   #27
mazhar dardari
Dojo: Aikido Dardari Ryu Academy (Bushido)
Syria

Quote:
Kevin Hagens wrote: View Post
I enjoy your Aikido and your humility Mazhar Dardari, keep em coming.

Keith you are exactly right my friend and some of the rest of you need to relax and try blending some more.
Thanks a lot My friend.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #28
Lyle Bogin
Dojo: Shin Budo Kai
United_States

Well I would rather watch the original vid than uke for it. It's business time! Dramatic titles are good...after all we are wearing costumes and acting like we're from another world.

Seriously, anyone who trash talks someone's vid should post their own for a well measured and civil reaming.

"The martial arts progress from the complex to the simple."
Old 09-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #29
mah927

Thank you Mr. Dardari.. nice demo...I enjoyed it very much. Also, what style is this? (Tomiki, Aikikai, or Yoshinkan)

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life there.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #30
mazhar dardari
Dojo: Aikido Dardari Ryu Academy (Bushido)
Syria

Quote:
Ayaz Haniffa wrote: View Post
Thank you Mr. Dardari.. nice demo...I enjoyed it very much. Also, what style is this? (Tomiki, Aikikai, or Yoshinkan)
No Ayaz This Dardari Ryu Aikido.

Thank you for Interested.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!