Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 05-22-2003, 05:19 PM   #1
Usagi Yojimbo
Dojo: Shinkikan Aikikai Aikido of Corpus Christi
New comer

Hello one and all,
New comer to the forum here, and a recent addition to a local Aikikai Aikido class. I'm very excited about the class and enjoy it, and am hoping this site will help me in recieving any usefull information I may have about questions regarding the Martial Art style. The name, if you are wondering, is an allusion to a Dark Horse Graphic Novel, and yes I do realise it meens Rabbit Protector or something simular. You have to read the comic to understand. Well, I thank you for your patience, and hope that I may find the answers to some of my many growing questions at this grand establishment.

My head hurts...
Old 05-22-2003, 07:30 PM   #2
Steven

Dojo: Aikido Yoshinkan Sacramento - Seikeikan Dojo
United_States
Welcome ... you have mail ...errrrr.....

Welcome to the forum.

..Steven..
Old 05-22-2003, 08:47 PM   #3
Veers

Dojo: Shinkikan Aikikai Aikido of Corpus Christi
Josh, if you want to see all the nitpicks I have with you, read my aikido journal... (just kidding!)

You've already heard from me how great a resource this site is...now you can see for yourself.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:45 PM   #4
Jeff Tibbetts
Dojo: Cedar River Aikikai
United_States
Rabbit Bodyguard, I think. Usagi Yojimbo is actually awesome. It's pretty historically accurate, despite the fact that most of the characters are animals. Check out the other names of characters, most of them are named after the animal that they are... good stuff. Welcome to the board.

If the Nightingale doesn't sing-
wait
Old 05-23-2003, 06:22 AM   #5
Steven Scott
Dojo: Ki Shin Tai Aikido Kan
Scotland
Usagi Yojimbo, welcome.

I have been in love with the books by Stan Sakai for many years now. They are emotive, inspired and exceptional. I am a grown man of <cough> years and still find these tales to be some of the best either written or drawn.

If anyone is interested then do not be put of by the 'furry animals' depicted in the stories. The imagery, historical integrity and sheer power of Mr Sakai's work is to be seen to be believed.

Josh, if you love the books and the ethic within then Aikido is the art for you.

Enjoy your training and never tire of falling, thats the easy part. Its getting back up on your feet knowing full well that eventually you will fall down again thats difficult.

(I've obviously been doing this too long, i'm starting to sound like Katsuichi Sensei)

Yours in Aiki

Please visit our sponsor:

Budo Bear Patterns - Sewing pattern for Women's (and Men's) dogi.