Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

aikido articles

dojo search
image gallery
links directory

book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

rss feeds

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-30-2015, 01:41 PM   #1
New guy from Central USA.

Hello everyone,

I'm a 45 year old family man who just recently became interested in Aikido. Unfortunately I live far, far (3-4 hours) from any place to study.

I found this website while searching for information. I know I will need to find a teacher at some point, but for now I hope to study the art and learn as much as I can, and make some friends. I'm currently reading "Enlightenment Through Aikido", and just finished "Complete Aikido".

I am a 1 hour drive from the nearest dojo of any type, and those 2 are Tae Kwan Do and To Shin Do.

In gassho,
Old 11-30-2015, 04:34 PM   #2
Re: New guy from Central USA.

Hello Mark, welcome to the forum! - There are several good books and resources that can help you with your enquries and you have already found some of them. I became interested in Aikido after reading about O'Sensei and his move from Daito-Ryu Jujitsu through to his creation of Aikido and think that has a lot of application for people today.

In terms of training that is always going to be difficult. Judo, Jujitisu and Hapkido are other systems that have some similar content, so maybe taking some training in an allied group may be a good starting point.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:33 PM   #3
Re: New guy from Central USA.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to AIkiWeb. I hope you feel welcome in joining in with the discussions here.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!