Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

aikido articles

dojo search
image gallery
links directory

book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

rss feeds

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-06-2015, 05:17 PM   #1
Le Samourai
Aloha from Hawaii

I'm a martial artist in Honolulu. I have instructor certifications in Jeet Kune Do and Kali, and hold a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Of all those, Kali is the art I am most drawn to and passionate about.

You may have noticed the absence of Aikido on the list above. Well, to be honest, I've never actually trained in the art itself. That being said, the way I live my life is somewhat Aikido-based. Books such as Koichi Tohei's 'Ki in Daily Life', Richard Strozzi-Heckler's 'Aikido and the New Warrior', and Gaku Homma's 'Aikido for Life' have all helped shape my outlook. I try to live in a peaceful, compassionate, and non-violent manner.

I do intend to start training in Aikido at some point, probably sooner than later, and look forward to that new voyage of martial discovery.

óLe Samourai

My blog...
Old 04-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #2
Re: Aloha from Hawaii

Hi Brandon,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction. I hope you can find a good aikido dojo near you some day.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!